Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Pokémon type?
This poll is closed.
Plain 6 3.17%
Hot 7 3.70%
Wet 15 7.94%
Green 11 5.82%
Shocking 2 1.06%
Cold 3 1.59%
Punchy 7 3.70%
Poisonous 4 2.12%
Brown 7 3.70%
Bird 11 5.82%
Weird 17 8.99%
Gross 11 5.82%
Solid 2 1.06%
Scary 8 4.23%
Dragon 5 2.65%
Creepy 18 9.52%
Mech 33 17.46%
Pink 22 11.64%
Total: 189 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Backlog and ff14 for me this month I think. A last gasp before a freight train of games hits me in October. Video games are a good problem to have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Okay I actually didn't know they made that Summoner rpg

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope the BK HD rerelease keeps the save point after a point of no return but before the hardest boss in the game intact.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

haveblue posted:

The japanese version of thot is a lot more boring huh

Would that just be あれのホ?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Spetember, September. AC6 and finishing off Octopath Traveller 2 I think. Maybe get back into FF14 raiding if I have the spare time.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

Gripweed posted:

Would that just be あれのホ?
あそこのビッチ, to be precise. 「あれ」 denotes an object (generally) and would thus be somewhat redundant with ホ (or ビッチ which is the word a jp person would use)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Dude the Neopets art gallery judge, sometimes, augh, picking the lowest effort junk. Not even like someone trying their best, someone doing a low effort because why not took em 3 minutes.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
mannnnnn, I was looking forward to whatever trailer they would have for Wilds of Eldraine, the new mainline MTG set. but then they just dropped...this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8CMi4u9cjY&hd=1

like it's cute, whatever, but it looks like it's got a budget of ten bucks. compare that to the original Throne of Eldraine trailer from 2019, a fully animated cgi trailer that's nearly four minutes long:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzBrfW7Ipzg&hd=1

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Terry van Feleday posted:

あそこのビッチ, to be precise. 「あれ」 denotes an object (generally) and would thus be somewhat redundant with ホ (or ビッチ which is the word a jp person would use)

Good to know, thanks.

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

MuffinsAndPie posted:

Im hoping it's gonna be void stranger

and im gonna find out in like 30 minutes

The music is good and puzzles are hard and done in a way that discourages experimentation so that kinda sucks. I don't wanna visualize a sokoban puzzle in my head to determine the right answer

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

I'm still :smith: about it. I didn't like the new SR game (the characters just don't gell with me) but maaaaan not like this.

It would suck if the SR2 PC Patch never goes thru. All of IdolNinja's work. Gone.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Jay Rust posted:

That’s a lot of video games!!

It’s not even all of them because you missed Anonymous;Code and the console release of Monochrome Mobius.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Good to know, thanks.
gripweed taking notes, this ones gonna come in handy

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Gripweed posted:

but we don't have that distinction in English.

it's the difference between "that"/"there" and "yon"/"yonder"
just gotta bust out the olde timey shakespeare english

today i learned that "osu!" is just a weeaboo clone of elite beat agents

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Sep 1, 2023

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

today i learned that 'Elite Beat Agents' is just a weeaboo clone of 'Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan'

ftfy

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean technically it's a clone of Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!, the original version of Elite Beat Agents before it got westernized.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm still a little weirded out by the EBA scenario that starts with you thinking "I'm going to help dad get home from his trip in time to give his kid a present" and ends up as "I have to help kid process dad dying in a plane crash before she gets permanent psychological damage"

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

It was fun tapping my stylus on the frustratingly unresponsive DS screen to that David Bowie song

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Whenever I hear Material Girl or Jumpin Jack Flash on the radio I have to pull over to slap at the shrinking circles that flood my vision

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Sometimes I like to wonder what pop hits of the last 20 years could be in an EBA2

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the hanging tree by queens of the stone age

uhh party in the USA?? call me maybe? what are pop songs from the last 20 years I don’t listen to the radio lol

unless it’s ska or royalty free buyout music I can’t help

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Sep 1, 2023

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The 7th Guest posted:

uhh party in the USA?? what are pop songs from the last 20 years lol

a thrilling vignette about a man trying to create the perfect powerpoint deck to ace his presentation, impress his new boss, and gain the confidence to feel he deserves that promotion. soundtrack: WAP

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Afraid of Heights by Billy Talent

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The 7th Guest posted:

uhh party in the USA?? call me maybe? what are pop songs from the last 20 years I don’t listen to the radio lol

The pop culture moves so fast and is so fragmented not. If they made a rhythm game in America that came out next year I guarantee you it would have that Twitter song that people loved based on the 40 second teaser and got tired of by the time the full song dropped.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the first game had a mix of music from different eras so I feel like it would be fine

you'd have Uptown Funk alongside 25 or 6 to 4, then a Vocaloid song, then Radioactive, then Closing Time, then Old Town Road, then Basket Case, then Jump Up Superstar, then Creep, then one of the 20 different theme songs to One Piece, then idk... Get Ready by the temptations

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Do the songs ever match the story?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Sometimes like a little bit.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

there was one with a weather lady set to September about making the bad weather go away or something and that song mentions the weather so yes I guess at least one of them did

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

By pure coincidence, the final song of Elite Beat Agents 2 will be Ready Steady Go by L’arc en ciel.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the eba version of jumpin' jack flash is better than the original don't @ me

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Sometimes I like to wonder what pop hits of the last 20 years could be in an EBA2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqZsoesa55w

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Baby Shark already has a game

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

the eba version of jumpin' jack flash is better than the original don't @ me

Why would I stop you from telling the truth

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

EBA made me like an Ashlee Simpson song so it deserves to go in the hall of fame.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hwurmp posted:

Baby Shark already has a game

Rebecca Black - Friday

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Friday already has many games

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Waffleman_ posted:

Why would I stop you from telling the truth
:hfive:

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Do the songs ever match the story?

Material Girl was a pretty good choice for Not Paris Hilton and her girlfriend getting stranded on a deserted island

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I Was Born To Love You plays when you're trying to get a guy to woo a girl
Highway Star is on a road trip
Rock This Town was with a Vegas magician
Without A Fight when you're fighting the aliens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

One morning, Shimmy awoke to find he was a awesome shiny bug.

hatty posted:

BG3 seems excessively horny to me or maybe those are the only scenes people share online

It is not hard to find that stuff if you seek it out with companions, but for the most part I think I have seen maybe one instance of randomly stumbling into horny (maybe 50% through). Feels similar to Witcher in that way.