Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Sean Strickland world championship match.
This poll is closed.
No. 2 4.88%
gently caress you. 22 53.66%
I'm going to stop watching the UFC. 8 19.51%
I stopped watching the UFC years ago. 9 21.95%
Total: 41 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

don't know if ive ever seen a fighter pull an mma version of the Gus Frerotte move of knocking yourself out before. ty lobmob!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i do hope titties gets his revenge.

also, i had a dark vision of weidman fighting manhoef at bkfc and almost passed out

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

kimbo305 posted:

Pat Barry was in town promoting Metro PCS or something. I really wanted to meet him since he came up in the sanshou scene with my coach. When I popped in the store, Leonard Garcia was also there! Fresh off his twister loss to TKZ. Like face still marked up recent. The joke that popped into my head was "how's your back doing," but it didn't feel warranted. TKZ earned that win, and Leonard Garcia want responsible for that string of robberies.

Anyways, I had Pat Barry sign a pair of my worn out kickboxing gloves, and he said something like, it's nice to have proof that you put the work in.

when first garcia/tkz fight happened, my brother happened to be over. he recently moved back to new england after a stint in texas, so he was pulling for leonard. i, like all right-minded people, was pulling for tkz. when the decision was announced, i got legitimately angry at my brother for saying it was the right decision and retroactively for cheering for garcia. fight watching does stuff to your brain, man

since we're also doing fighter stories, the only time i ever talked to a ufc fighter was johnny case because it was a local-boy-makes-good story for the newspaper i was working for at the time. there's no reason to remember him, though. he got cut after a good start (4-0) in the org and then got cut after back to back losses. apparently, he's been in rizin since 2018 and was arrested for domestic battery in 2021 but claimed "self defense," so gently caress that guy

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

im living near NYC now for a bit with a buddy who floated the idea of going to watch jones/miocic at msg. i thought that was a marvelous idea that neither of us could afford, but i thought "let's humor him and see what ticket prices are" as i haven't looked at live ufc ppv prices in a few years.

the answer is $917 each for nosebleeds through ticketmaster. lol. lmao even

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

gross. i haven't been watching a lot of ufc in the last couple years, but i still follow it because this place makes it easy. but giving a serial sex pest veto power and doing nothing to or about dana white after assaulting his wife, im inclined to just check out.

we had some great times, mma thread. we'll always have wec 53, takedown defense discussion, oildome, and titodick.jpg

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

it was arlovski for me. i grew up watching ufc tapes because im old, but andrei was the first fighter i can really remember thinking "he rules"

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

that's a good hill to die on, hunto, but at the end of the day you're still dead .

hope he's not too too hosed by it

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

reason: posting uncensored "sloppy greek style" in thread. user loses posting privileges for 24 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

is that...oildome?!