Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Sean Strickland world championship match.
This poll is closed.
No. 2 4.88%
gently caress you. 22 53.66%
I'm going to stop watching the UFC. 8 19.51%
I stopped watching the UFC years ago. 9 21.95%
Total: 41 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
PFL's worst void of entertainment, Lance "The Party" Palmer got knocked out by Bibert "Albert's lil bro" Tumenov, in part by running his own head into a cage stanchion

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/1698062626880679989

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Shumagorath posted:

Surely I'm late to this party but That Doesn't Even Make Sense

When Izzy was kickboxing for a Chinese organization, he would come out with Chinese flags and so forth. It is a a very clever goof on the internet to say Izzy isn't Nigerian or New Zealander, but a Chinese fighter.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Great preview as always, friend Carl.

However, I think Alexa retains through the power of Grasso Chingasos

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

According to people on the internet who can always be trusted, Makdessi should expect to get back like $20k when he files taxes at the end of the year.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

so it begins

https://twitter.com/BloodyElbow/status/1702464772757753986

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Great preview as always, Friend Carl. I hate that I must now do this

:siren: B-League Round-Up :siren

Bellator 299: Eblen vs Edwards - Saturday 11 AM

Bellator returns to Dublin with a soul-destroying 21 bouts. Should you care about anyone on the prelims? Probably not! There’s an undefeated Magomed who might turn into something should he get the patented Scott Coker promotional soft touch. Luca Poclit vs Roman Faraldo is an interesting matchup between once-beaten prospects, and My Dude Jay Jay Wilson is in action.

On the flip side, Charlie Ward is here. And so is Peter Queally, because IRELAND. Though I can’t be entirely upset since Kenny “Black Diamond” Mokhonoana doesn’t show up anywhere other than these Dublin cards, and he’s pretty cool.

Is the main card any better? As I stare at Sinead Kavanagh vs Sara Collins, who is 4-0 with two wins against people making their pro MMA debuts, I can assuredly tell you “Absolutely not”.

Sure, there are other things on the main card that are possibly interesting. Things like Mads Burnell taking on Daniel Weichel in a “Let us commiserate over our decision losses to Pedro Carvalho by hitting each other for fifteen minutes” match. There’s also Pedro Carvalho ostensibly getting fed to the hungry maw that can never be satiated that is “trying to make Aaron Pico into A Thing”.

The main event sees Johnny Eblen defending the Middleweight title against Fabian Edwards. How did Edwards get this title shot? He is Leon’s brother. If you want to claim it is because he is 12-2 and on a three-fight win streak, you can go ahead and delude yourself into that. But in what world are wins over Lyoto Machida and Charlie Ward in 2022 and 2023 Gegard Mousasi enough to launch someone into championship contention? This man is two years removed from dropping back-to-back fights to whatever Costello van Steenis is and Mr. Paige VanZant himself, Austin Vanderford.

RIZIN 44 - Saturday 10 PM

RIZIN is back with some classic JMMA action. Sho Patrick Usami is making his kickboxing debut in the only bout that isn’t being contested under MMA rules. Super weirdo Spike Carlyle is back in action, hoping to end a two fight skid by welcoming Yoshinori Horie to the Lightweight division. Former Featherweight champ Kleber Koike Erbst is taking on 20-year veteran Masanori Kanehara, and in the main event, another former Featherweight champ Junatarou Ushiku takes on the perfectly balanced 7-7 Kyohei Hagiwara.

However, while most of those fights should be pretty good, they all pale in comparison to the real marquee matchup. Disgraced former sumo Tsuyoshi Sudario is having a Beef Clash with Todd by God Duffee. Fun fact: Todd Duffee’s last win was in 2014!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Look, I realize and accept I am a rabid fan of Jun Yong Park, but when is a dude who is 7-2 in UFC, on a 4 fight win streak with 3 RNC finishes in a row gonna get some ranked opponents

Where all my Iron Turtle perverts (Iron Turtverts) at

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

CarlCX posted:

I mean, has he even tried saying anything racist yet

Never, because Iron Turtle is for the children

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

im pretty fuggin steamed at the tony/paddy match making

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

1. You do not want me posting what I want to talk about since it's just going to be more about Iron Turtle

2. gently caress, that sucks for Howard
2b. Now I gotta go watch Doomsday vs Superman again

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

TUF 1 for me as well. Weirdo Diego and Forest seemed cool. It wasn't until Rashad vs Forest that I actually bought a PPV, so everything before that was TUF, Fight Night cards, or UFC Unleashed, so dudes like Ben Saunders and David Loiseau were my guys as well.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

what even am i doing with this stuff :siren:

B-League Round-Up

ONE Fight Night 14 - Friday 8PM, Amazon Prime

Singapore Indoor Stadium is once against hosting the world famous ONE Circle with ten action packed bouts. Five MMA contests, three Muay Thai bouts, a grappling match, and the always intriguing CUSTOM RULES affair.

We’ve got Asa Ten Pow in action, we’ve got JOHN FUCKIN LINEKER, we’ve got the Women’s Flyweight juggernaut, Jingnan Xiong taking on Wondergirl in a strange striking contest that isn’t technically kickboxing or Muay Thai. Child phenom Smilla Sundell is defending her Muay Thai title against Allycia Hellen Rodrigues, and in the main event, the evil demon lord Chatri Sityodtong is trying to personally destroy me as he pits Stamp Fairtex against “Hamderlei Silva” Seo Hee Ham for the interim Strawweight title. Stamp and Ham shouldn’t have to fight each other, they should team up to fight injustice throughout the world in a charming Saturday morning cartoon.

PFL Europe - Saturday, 11AM, DAZN (allegedly)

Oh honk off. I’m not covering PFL Europe. Fine, here’s a thing to watch: Cedric Doumbe. He’s gonna be there and hopefully kick a dude in the brain real hard. You’ll probably see a GIF on Twitter about five minutes after it happens. But have some self-respect and don’t watch PFL Europe.

Oh and its not even available for DAZN in the US. So truly, madly, deeply, honk off.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

my god, its beautiful

https://twitter.com/MyMMANews/status/1707401366811951603?t=1sq78Xs_5DbUWhGA2evt_Q&s=19

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

i have the ham sads

yet i am stamp glad

i am torn asunder

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

gettin more ham-sads

https://twitter.com/ONEChampionship/status/1708133089648705977

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Trillhouse posted:

fight circus is delayed. i'll let their twitter explain
https://twitter.com/FightCircus/status/1708286633978855809
lmao

https://twitter.com/FullMetalDojo/status/1708289206894907604