Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Sean Strickland world championship match.
This poll is closed.
No. 2 4.88%
gently caress you. 22 53.66%
I'm going to stop watching the UFC. 8 19.51%
I stopped watching the UFC years ago. 9 21.95%
Total: 41 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

GSP never really seemed to do mean grinding things to people so much as he would just safely pick you apart while exposing himself to minimal risk. No one could touch him, but I don't know if it had the same energy.

I had a brief chat with Dan Hardy when he and Gunnar Nelson visited my gym. Gunnar was in and out of the locker room real quick, so I asked Hardy if he would be co-teaching Gunnar's BJJ class that was up next. He shook his head and said he didn't have much to teach anyone. I--unintentionally insultingly, I now realize...--said, "hey, man, you went 25 minutes with GSP on the ground!" He just shook his head and said something like, "that was GSP giving me a private BJJ lesson."

Also, scrolling down the page, I legit thought that was Maycee Barber on the cover for a second.

Skjorte fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Sep 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
There is absolutely no way it's true. It'd be funny if we got half a dozen Strickland main events in the past couple of years simply because he agreed to be the most criminally underpaid headliner in the organization, but there's no reason to think he hasn't been on a much better contract than that for a good long while.