Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Sean Strickland world championship match.
This poll is closed.
No. 2 4.88%
gently caress you. 22 53.66%
I'm going to stop watching the UFC. 8 19.51%
I stopped watching the UFC years ago. 9 21.95%
Total: 41 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
my brothers and I (who also post on SA) used to play roller hockey with Scott Holtzman. before starting MMA late in life he used to play for the US national roller hockey team. he was of course a sick athlete at that, too. my older brother used to get into fights with him in roller a few times, normal hockey type stuff. he used to be way less jacked, like 140lbs, and he never ever got tired. i remember watching his fights against Drew Dober and Nik Lentz and being very impressed that they seemed to have a better gas tank than him, because his already seemed unreal. He's a nice dude, was glad to see him do reasonably well in the UFC. fought a lot of tough guys.

was it a Fatherdog post that was something like: the toughest guy you know could fight the toughest guys in your state, then all the state champs could fight for the regional belt, then those guys could fight to get national notice, then all of the top guys could fight for the privilege to get the poo poo beat out of them by Jack Johnson? that's kind of what it feels like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/sinoufc/status/1701717664173883499?s=46&t=N0fz65wLEKglu9TyofS2Yw

this guy on the contenders series was, as tweeted, raised in a cage by a neo nazi. it’s tripping me out, because I went to high school with a kid who was also raised in a cage and fought a lot(this kid was mentally challenged though) who looked like exactly like this dude.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
Anderson was the first guy I really went to bat for. But along with that, my buddy showed me all the early UFCs, so Don Frye, Harold Howard, all the insane early jacked up longpants guys rule

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
adjacent MMA news. but Jon Jones's brother is unfortunately going crazy right now in Las Vegas as well:

https://twitter.com/chanjones55/status/1707413353382166668?s=20

ESPN posted:

Las Vegas Raiders defensive end Chandler Jones wrote in a social media post Monday night that he was taken to a hospital "against my will" by the Las Vegas Fire Department and later transferred to a behavioral health facility last week.

Jones was placed on the non-football illness list last week by the Raiders with what the team has described as a personal matter. He has been away from the team since Labor Day weekend when he began a series of social media posts aimed at the Raiders, owner Mark Davis, general manager Dave Ziegler and coach Josh McDaniels.

https://twitter.com/MitchellRenz365/status/1707385931492163742?s=20

i can't remember what it's from, maybe Hellier, but there's a theory among some people here in Appalachia that there's some crazy amount of limestone or some other kind of rock that's emitting some kind of waves or low-level environmental fumes that's making us all crazy, and that's the thing that explains it.

anyway there's gotta be the same type of thing in Las Vegas that particularly affects the Jones family. Hope Bones's brother gets help. Someone should have not allowed him to sign with the Raiders.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Brut posted:

I'm gonna say this is not MMA-Adjacent.

https://twitter.com/chanjones55/status/1707396191368192007?s=20

there ya go, sorry