Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Sean Strickland world championship match.
This poll is closed.
No. 2 4.88%
gently caress you. 22 53.66%
I'm going to stop watching the UFC. 8 19.51%
I stopped watching the UFC years ago. 9 21.95%
Total: 41 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
I still smile when I think of 'You've Got a Fremd in Me'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
The way Strickland landed that right and dodged the counter by millimetres is beautiful. Please rewatch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i812t-OTVmo

Nierbo fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Sep 16, 2023

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Colby is getting another title shot????

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Urijah Faber was one of my first MMA loves. I read his book and it was actually amazingly honest and insightful, no sugar coating anything, talks about tax issues and flying guys in on his own dime. The sleeping on floors, the grind of the amateur scene etc all the way up to marquee performances in WEC and UFC. The agony of being wrecked by Aldo but wrestlefucking everyone else into the ground was an interesting storyline for a while too, seeing if he could level up to take on the greats. (He couldn't)

TUF kept me interested for a while as well. There's some all time great MMA personality moments on TUF. The comeback season was amazing and Bispings rise on the season after that was the start of something big. Season 10 had Rashad and Rampage repeating "you feel froggy, jump" over and over again and it was amusing at the time. Rampage saying to Schoonover 'got milk bitch' was pretty great.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

beep by grandpa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOdCnfDo1Mw

why did ufc upload this i thought hey both retired

nvm: I'm a fuckin dumbass didnt see "classic", but this isn't even an "on this day" that happened in April so :shrug:
Iaquinta is a loving mensch and deserved more credit during his career. Told Dana where to stick it when he was getting lowballed and ended up on easy 6 figures during his late career comeback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Symptoms of of CTE can include confusion and memory loss which can lead to bad decisions and impaired decision making i.e. risk taking behaviour and poor impulse control. Its not that far of a stretch imo.