Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Sean Strickland world championship match.
This poll is closed.
No. 2 4.88%
gently caress you. 22 53.66%
I'm going to stop watching the UFC. 8 19.51%
I stopped watching the UFC years ago. 9 21.95%
Total: 41 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Majkol
Oct 17, 2016
There is a few (most) Khabib fights that go like that except he has absolutely vicious gnp and basically never stops hitting people and of course Cormier/Henderson. That was a wild mismatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majkol
Oct 17, 2016
My memory is failing me - can someone remind me of a Japanese fighter who had great front body kicks? He digged his toes right in the gut and I think knocked some people out with them. For some reason I thought it was the Gooch but I guess I was wrong?

Majkol
Oct 17, 2016
gently caress! Of course. I hate getting older.
Thank you.

Majkol
Oct 17, 2016

cagliostr0 posted:

We are one question about Japan away from iron turtle, MMA champion

To be fair there are a lot of negative things a Korean man could say about Japan without being racist but then he would burn all of his chances of ever being the champ.

Majkol
Oct 17, 2016
It was a combination of K1 and PRIDE FC. I used to watch them super late at night on an early version of cable ( Im from the Czech republic ) on a channel that I dont think exists anymore.
I remember being utterly shocked by the violence of ground and pound and soccer kicks and knees to a grounded opponent, I was in my early to mid teens and it felt like I was watching something forbbiden, it had almost a snuff video quality for me. And sometimes the guy on the bottom would end up turning it around. It was wild.
And K1, the days of Ray Sefo, Remy Bonjasky, Jerome Le Banner, Peter Aerts, Semmy Schilt...
I did not know what I was watching, I had no way of looking up the fighters or even following the sport other than hoping that I will randomly catch an event from time to time and it felt really special when I did manage to catch it. Also, I think I remember the czech commentary being pretty atrocious, going on about how this guy or that guy was a real gentleman ( about white guys ) and this guy or that guy was not ( not white guys, unless they were Japanese in which case they had samurai spirit ). No surprises there I guess.