Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Sean Strickland world championship match.
This poll is closed.
No. 2 4.88%
gently caress you. 22 53.66%
I'm going to stop watching the UFC. 8 19.51%
I stopped watching the UFC years ago. 9 21.95%
Total: 41 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
The other thing the IV ban would have hit is blood spinning but I'm not sure if MMA is that sophisticated considering the hw champ pissed hot for steroids last seen before the Berlin Wall fell down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Josuke Higashikata posted:

No one fell off harder than Renan Barao.

Known doper TJ hosed him up pre USADA but he goddamn he went on a bigger slide than the cast of cool runnings.

Starting in the bathtub

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

ilmucche posted:

If I wanted to watch some Weidman progression is Vitor/Rockhold/Romero the string of fights to watch then?

I like Luke Rockhold. He used to be one handsome dude

I can't believe rockhold, internationally recognised handsome man, thought it would be a good idea to do near knuckle boxing with the anthropomorphic personification of Florida

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
The ultimate khabib big brothering was asking Connor to keep up his trash talk while crushing him against the fence and pounding him into a rich meat paste

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Marching Powder posted:

[whispered by dan hardy with a thousand mile stare to an insensitive goon] gsp gave me a 25 minute jiujitsu lesson.

I remember sparring with somebody who fought on an Australian prelim and it made me never want to even take an amateur fight because I could only do things if he let me.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Jack Slack fans knowing the real best technique in MMA is a 1-2 stay winning

The fun thing about the UFC having people like Strickland and Kape go on bigoted rants is that it's causing a political scandal because the government paid for them to come then they went full Jordan Peterson.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
It looks like they hosed up the PAYE, because if he was a subcontractor or sole trader then no taxes should have been withheld as it would be his responsibility to produce a bas if it was over 75k Australian. The taxable threshold is in the 28k range then above that you shouldn't get above 32% unless you were a main eventer. Then come tax time you could claim all the expenses as tax deductions and come out with a tax bill around 14k Australian.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

kimbo305 posted:

A what?

Proved nothing to me which is why I'm continuing to research the situation on his OnlyFans.

Business activity statement. Australia has a single federally administered vat at 10% that is handled by the service or good provider. Generally between two companies or a company and a sole trader prices are calculated as ex-vat since the trader can write off the vat they pay to the supplier as part of the business. Each quarter you submit a business activity statement of your expected yearly turnover exceeds 75k Australian which if he was paid 56k USD then it probably did. In that case the only tax on the transaction between makdessi and UFC should have been the 10% vat since he is a contractor not an employee. Then makdessis accountant would figure out how much income tax he paid based on what the entity invoicing UFC paid him to perform the service. Somebody at UFC badly hosed up for 45% to be withheld.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Brut posted:

Tax the ticket sales, tax the organization (instead of giving them money), it's just taxing the individual fighters that seems kind of messed up. They're probably (someone correct me if I'm wrong) subject to the same regulations as like a musician coming to perform in the country though, who it makes a lot more sense to tax directly.

I explained how Australian taxation works above. At most the total tax burden at show time should have been 10% because the fighters would be classed as sub contractors providing a service to UFC. If they were employees and the employer was performing pay as you earn tax withholding it would be at most around 32% which would all be claimable at the ends of the financial year in either Australia or Canada depending on how the tax affairs are managed. 45% is the non-resident withholding for 180k+ as a subcontractor but that would never be held by the company paying the invoice.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Bucky Fullminster posted:

the way the athletes get remunerated in the industry is not irrelevant to the thread, but yes I'm done and was just making one more silly little joke sorry, I think you're right, I did say it was probably just someone's accounting error.

You have a fundamental lack of understanding of Australian taxation though so I don't know why you think you should be weighing in on how Australia taxes earnings and whether it's fair to fighters.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

CarlCX posted:

I mean, has he even tried saying anything racist yet

We are one question about Japan away from iron turtle, MMA champion

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
I just think repeated blows to the head is a prerequisite for believing insane right wing poo poo

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
The first MMA I ever saw was king of the cage: wet and wild so by default my first favourite fighter is herb Dean

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

ilmucche posted:

Good card name, shame to see slap fighting make it in. They tried a hockey fight thing once in North America, turned out watching hockey fights sucked without the actual hockey to go with it.

The last time they did a slap fight I'm not sure it actually happened because it wasn't in the vod on fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

CommonShore posted:

It's going to be a dance fight against Singapore's top tiktok star, judged by Chatri personally

I didn't realise one were doing a joint card with fight circus