Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Sean Strickland world championship match.
This poll is closed.
No. 2 4.88%
gently caress you. 22 53.66%
I'm going to stop watching the UFC. 8 19.51%
I stopped watching the UFC years ago. 9 21.95%
Total: 41 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Marching Powder posted:

actually, no, gently caress it, my opinion is that what weidman did to gastellum was the most impressive thing he did in his career. it was an absurd mismatch in action, but unlike tj / barao, this one weidman just treated kelvin like he was a child. not even in the same stratosphere. of course kelvin did loving crack him a good one lol but still, weidman mauled him in a way i can only describe as humiliating. and honestly i did not think that could happen to someone as proven as kelvin was at that point.

The other times big brothering like that happened was Stipe/Ngannou 1 and Fitch/Silva.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Majkol posted:

There is a few (most) Khabib fights that go like that except he has absolutely vicious gnp and basically never stops hitting people and of course Cormier/Henderson. That was a wild mismatch.

Cormier gets his tooth knocked out from a hendo elbow while hendo was being tossed. Hendo got rassled, but he made DC feel it.

Eric Silva v Fitch, though, was something else entirely. The closest Khabib fight was definitely against Trujillo where Khabib wanted to make a point that his grappling was better than Trujillo's. I think big brothering is really just overwhelming smother/wear you out type grappling vs throwing someone on their head more than a dozen times.

ilmucche posted:

Surely one of gsp's dominant fights has to have big brothering energy

GSP never really seemed to do mean grinding things to people so much as he would just safely pick you apart while exposing himself to minimal risk. No one could touch him, but I don't know if it had the same energy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I was really impressed with Anthony Njoukani. Dude is old as gently caress and still whipped that young dude’s rear end.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The USA taxes non-resident aliens (IE any foreign fighter coming to the USA to fight) at 30%. It isn't as high as Australia, but is still pretty high considering that zero medical bills will be covered after. Some states may have income tax on top of that, as well. The villain here is the garbage rear end pay from the UFC and their lack of support of their fighters.