Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Sorry guys, might be going away for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
I knew biggie was alive.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Joe Biden is President. Dianne Feinstein is dominating the news cycle. Police just arrested a guy for Tupac's murder. It's like a rift in the space-time continuum opened up and we've been exposed to an alternate version of the late 1990s.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Shutdown watch: lol

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1707815332486734103?t=WLS0go4Pf21Ry6wJUtNBjA&s=19

And this was all the garbage in the bill that wasn't enough for hardliners (though they want Regular Order for the 12 appropriations bills, of which they've passed 3 and none will pass the Senate):

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1707791671956590858?t=qoby0BaXTb2ivYF5PYVXwQ&s=19

All eyes on the Senate to pass their version of a CR, probably on Sunday, then ????? as that CR sits gathering dust on the House side.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1707815332486734103?t=WLS0go4Pf21Ry6wJUtNBjA&s=19

And this was all the garbage in the bill that wasn't enough for hardliners (though they want Regular Order for the 12 appropriations bills, of which they've passed 3 and none will pass the Senate):

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1707791671956590858?t=qoby0BaXTb2ivYF5PYVXwQ&s=19

All eyes on the Senate to pass their version of a CR, probably on Sunday, then ????? as that CR sits gathering dust on the House side.

gently caress me running, they're so bad at this. The playbook is written for you assholes, it has been for decades at this point, just follow it. Release some poo poo-smeared laughable "mulch all the poors to pave the mansion of a rich person" bill that nobody anywhere takes seriously so you can pass it off to the senate then throw up your hands and say "Well golly gee the perfidious Democrats shut down the government why won't they just negotiate to give me everything I want?"

Instead we get.....this.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Someone took "The government will shut down over my dead body!" a little too seriously.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

bird food bathtub posted:

Instead we get.....this.

If I recall correctly, this House CR would've came with instructions that the House Clerk was to *not* send it to the Senate until all the appropriations bills were done. Schumer is getting around that by taking the pending Securing Growth and Robust Leadership in American Aviation Act bill he got from the House and modifying it into a CR bill. Congress!

This general thing is why Pelosi was so underrated as a House Speaker. There's all the usual and valid complaints about her and her politics in general, but she always delivered votes. She'd make 4-vote majorities functional and McCarthy just can't :v:

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Someone took "The government will shut down over my dead body!" a little too seriously.

"Listen, we were going to have her lie in state in the Rotunda buuutttt..."

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

Pro tip: Literally ban the Republican party. Everything they do convinces me letting them continue to act is becoming worse than the alternative.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Orthanc6 posted:

Pro tip: Literally ban the Republican party. Everything they do convinces me letting them continue to act is becoming worse than the alternative.

I suspect that there would be a very strong reaction from the 40 some odd percent of this country that align with republican politics if their party is suddenly dissolved.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Hekk posted:

I suspect that there would be a very strong reaction from the 40 some odd percent of this country that align with republican politics if their party is suddenly dissolved.

This is why we need Uncle Billy.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Joe Biden is President. Dianne Feinstein is dominating the news cycle. Police just arrested a guy for Tupac's murder. It's like a rift in the space-time continuum opened up and we've been exposed to an alternate version of the late 1990s.

loving hell:

https://twitter.com/nickschifrin/status/1707829370373448020?t=1iF_ABydFY0dW-DePRIUuQ&s=19

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Serbia sent a terror squad with automatic grenade launchers and AT launchers into Kosovo before, so that's completely believable.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/secupp/status/1707829730357944830

Shocking no one, RFK Jr is going to run as an Independent

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
They should fly the Confederate flags at half staff for Feinstein, so that it’s easier to climb the pole and rip them down.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Pine Cone Jones posted:

This is why we need Uncle Billy.

For real. I couldn't care less how butt hurt some mouth breathing yokel is about their fascist party no longer existing. Actively making the country worse for everyone because they're furious that people that aren't white, straight, and christian want to be treated like human beings.

Dissolve Fox News and conservative talk radio while we're at it. Just a toxic cesspool that these people are marinating in.

edit: god drat wish we could go one day in this country without the GOP trying to wreck loving everything

Mustang fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 29, 2023

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Mustang posted:

edit: god drat wish we could go one day in this country without the GOP trying to wreck loving everything

Something very, very funny could be on the horizon:

https://twitter.com/josephzeballos/status/1707844891433181292?t=0sqSj53Yxw30OgfsoOELtA&s=19

There is no such thing as a "moderate GOP congressman" but there are quite a few in Biden-voting districts that are sick of the Biggs/Gaetz faction currently running things. And so, there are lots of trial balloons about democrats keeping McCarthy as speaker in exchange for some kind of power-sharing deal. The way things are trending, either McCarthy stays as speaker unchallenged or the government stays open, but not both.

Note that this is still theorycraft wishmaking at this point, but everyone involved knows this poo poo isn't sustainable.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

One of the co-conspirators in GA pleaded guilty today and is certainly going to be a state's witness. Scott Hall pleaded guilty to five counts of conspiracy to commit intentional interference in the election. He did not plead to the RICO charge and one other. He was sentenced to 12 months probation for each count set to run concurrently.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

The problem is that any House GOP member who makes a deal with the Dems is getting primaried out at the next available opportunity no matter how purple their district is, and they all know it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Mr. Nice! posted:

One of the co-conspirators in GA pleaded guilty today and is certainly going to be a state's witness. Scott Hall pleaded guilty to five counts of conspiracy to commit intentional interference in the election. He did not plead to the RICO charge and one other. He was sentenced to 12 months probation for each count set to run concurrently.

You love to see it

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Mr. Nice! posted:

yet kevin nash walks free

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

facialimpediment posted:

:hai:

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

The hair mang put the bad mang up to it your honor.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

Something very, very funny could be on the horizon:

https://twitter.com/josephzeballos/status/1707844891433181292?t=0sqSj53Yxw30OgfsoOELtA&s=19

There is no such thing as a "moderate GOP congressman" but there are quite a few in Biden-voting districts that are sick of the Biggs/Gaetz faction currently running things. And so, there are lots of trial balloons about democrats keeping McCarthy as speaker in exchange for some kind of power-sharing deal. The way things are trending, either McCarthy stays as speaker unchallenged or the government stays open, but not both.

Note that this is still theorycraft wishmaking at this point, but everyone involved knows this poo poo isn't sustainable.

the freaks that actually believe things and don't understand how the game works are going to start falling out windows when they gently caress up the money machine bad enough

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I'll poo poo a brick if the RCAF ends up sending the exact same CF-18s on the exact same bombing runs twice in the span of 30 years.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
What better time to try to sneak in some ethnic cleansing, revanchism, and war crimes than when the guys who stopped you last time are busy with someone else's ethnic cleansing, revanchism, and war crimes?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
So what *does* happen if Serbia sends in the troops and US government is shut down?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
https://lawandcrime.com/politics/fe...-san-francisco/

Some choice bits

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

OddObserver posted:

So what *does* happen if Serbia sends in the troops and US government is shut down?

Orban sends military aid. To Serbia.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

OddObserver posted:

Nothing good for the Serbian military. Kosovo is still a NATO mission.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/secupp/status/1707829730357944830

Shocking no one, RFK Jr is going to run as an Independent

This guy's target demo is terminal brain worms who don't get invited to thanksgiving and that is a potential trump voter 2 out of 3 times.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Sacrist65 posted:

This guy's target demo is terminal brain worms who don't get invited to thanksgiving and that is a potential trump voter 2 out of 3 times.

Trump is going to eat his speech impediment alive.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

RFK Jr is a GOP funded plant specifically targeting QAnon and Left Wing Crunchy types to draw votes away from both sides, but mostly to take the legs out from under Trump.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I thought stars and bars was the USA (northern) flag?

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

goatsestretchgoals posted:

You'd think someone with an old gloryhole av would know the difference.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America

There are a several Southern state flags that are a variation of that. Also, a lot of other organizations that use that flag.

Stars and Stripes is the US flag. Stars and bars is the traitor's rag.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Re RFK2: He has a Joe Rogan podcast where he sounds normal/leftish for a good hour (talking about cleaning up waterways) then around 1:45ish it takes a pivot into (((they))) want you to take the vaccine.

E: ^^ Well gently caress, I literally thought “stars and bars” was the USA flag. :(

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Sep 30, 2023

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1707893911069274523?t=fC9vXyUUDCB11V91bNL3-A&s=19

:laffo:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Re RFK2: He has a Joe Rogan podcast where he sounds normal/leftish for a good hour (talking about cleaning up waterways) then around 1:45ish it takes a pivot into (((they))) want you to take the vaccine.

E: ^^ Well gently caress, I literally thought “stars and bars” was the USA flag. :(

Also, you don't have to specify USA(northern). There's only ever been one USA. The CSA was not a competing USA, nor was it pretending to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah, that was by design.

Regular JRE consumers will tune in regardless of topic and 'expert'. It's then cut into bite size bits and spread through YT shorts and TikTok, where the algorithm will start with something like "Here's what my Uncle really planned" and a few minutes later, you are past "WiFi breaks the Blood Brain Barrier" and leaning into Protocols of Zion type poo poo.

It's a media scrum version of boiling a Frog.

I can't believe anyway is taking the guy serious based off of JRE alone, but the timeline is whack.