Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Well, Joe Rogan is basically gateway to the Right, so not suprising he showed up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
He’s gonna split the Qanon vote.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

FrozenVent posted:

He’s gonna split the Qanon vote.

Ah yes the guys refusing to vote because its rigged / stolen election.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Too lazy to quote last page but yeah. My right leaning buddy asked (repeatedly) me to listen to that episode of JRE. He is usually not a shithead and he deflected when I asked him if the 5g from his phone made his balls hurt.

JRE first 30 minutes: Yes, I understand this

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

CommieGIR posted:

Ah yes the guys refusing to vote because its rigged / stolen election.

I mean the split vote is going to be the evidence to support their story

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

CBJSprague24 posted:

Trump is going to eat his speech impediment alive.

If Kennedy runs as an independent, Trump doesn't need to even acknowledge his existence. He'll be a complete non-factor. Now, Trump might make fun of him regardless, because Trump's an rear end in a top hat and would enjoy it, but I don't see that making a substantive difference in the overall election.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The whole RFK Jr. thing was basically a Bannon op that Democrats didn't bite on. In fact, Republicans are biting on it instead, as the more he talks, the more he repels Democrats and attracts Republicans.

so now the usual chud twitter people gloating about RFK Jr. when the media chomped hard on that story are now declaring PSYOP PSYOP DO NOT BITE

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Stolen from ex-twitter.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

... is he wearing the hat backwards

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Post/username implies you should drat well know where he is or not.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

He is.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Arrath posted:

Post/username implies you should drat well know where he is or not.

'twas a declarative statement formulated as questioning through shocking exasperation. I know what I'm about, son

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

The teardrop shape you get when you wear it backwards is more aerodynamic. Don't you know anything?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

fknlo posted:

The teardrop shape you get when you wear it backwards is more aerodynamic. Don't you know anything?

What part of high speed low drag don't they understand

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

What part of high speed low drag don't they understand

His loving chin is high speed low drag too, he's optimized for maximum aerodynamic efficiency

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

He's attempting to post thru it

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1707915765977055584?t=CXqZPkt-cflbBv09Yalizw&s=19

No sights, just blasting away from the hip.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Joe Biden is President. Dianne Feinstein is dominating the news cycle. Police just arrested a guy for Tupac's murder. It's like a rift in the space-time continuum opened up and we've been exposed to an alternate version of the late 1990s.

Adding in that NSYNC presented at this years VMAs and has a new single out. Boy Bands going to exist in any version it seems.

Edit: I also have some Bluesky codes if anyone wants them.

bsky-social-5pzw3-lktda

bsky-social-nrnb7-wuvxh

bsky-social-nv4o2-fvivf

Sarah fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Sep 30, 2023

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

MA-Horus posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1707915765977055584?t=CXqZPkt-cflbBv09Yalizw&s=19

Hes bragging about hip firing a sniper rifle?

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

RFC2324 posted:

but it's a 50 cal isn't that so cool?!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

MA-Horus posted:

His Suckcockus moment

The man is an embarrassment elemental

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
Incidentally, while waiting for my husband to finish up an appointment, the waiting room at the doctors office had daytime tv on. The Kelly Clarkson show and on it, someone stated a guest was an "elon musk lookalike" and it wasn't an insult. Do normal people think like that? I'm so far removed from the realm of normality at this point.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Sarah posted:

Adding in that NSYNC presented at this years VMAs and has a new single out. Boy Bands going to exist in any version it seems.

bsky-social-5pzw3-lktda

bsky-social-nrnb7-wuvxh

bsky-social-nv4o2-fvivf

Grabbed the first one

orange juche fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Sep 30, 2023

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Sarah posted:

bsky-social-5pzw3-lktda

bsky-social-nrnb7-wuvxh

bsky-social-nv4o2-fvivf

Took this one. It's about time to bail out.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Pine Cone Jones posted:

but it's a 50 cal isn't that so cool?!

Truly an achievement, it's not something that could be done by, say, someone twice his age could accomplish...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXEK7rcqO-Y&t=91s

I'm thinking the Light .50 might not have a ludicrous amount of recoil

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
He's a divorce golem with a fetish for breeding and attention. Add to that a shitload of ketamine and there you go.

And note, in his backwards-hat video, he's wearing a Dead Space shirt. He usually takes the opposite messages from the media he consumes.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Is musk really a current event? I'm here for news! There are plenty of threads to post apartheid clyde being an idiot. Everything that jackass does isn't newsworthy. Maybe I'm alone here and yelling into the void.

In news world, the Texas DPS proudly posted a video of SPECIAL OPERATING GROUP rangers invading Mexico to cut down some trees on an island.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Also, Sarah Sanders used taxpayer money to spend $19k on a loving podium and then doctored documents when they were FOIAed. A whistleblower has come forward with the original documents and has said they will testify under oath.

https://arktimes.com/arkansas-blog/...podium-purchase

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also, Sarah Sanders used taxpayer money to spend $19k on a loving podium and then doctored documents when they were FOIAed. A whistleblower has come forward with the original documents and has said they will testify under oath.

https://arktimes.com/arkansas-blog/...podium-purchase

Is it actually a new used mustangs worth of podium or was she smart enough to get a 100 dollar podium and pocket the rest? Is the crime as stupid as I think it is?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Steezo posted:

Is it actually a new used mustangs worth of podium or was she smart enough to get a 100 dollar podium and pocket the rest? Is the crime as stupid as I think it is?

Circumstancial evidence suggests that she overpaid for the lectern to reimburse a donor consultant who traveled with her internationally. Notably $20k is the threshold for an open bidding process for AR. Then once the spending came out through FOIA requests that she tried to squash, the republican party reimbursed the state to try to pretend nothing happened. She then pushed through a new law that exempts her travel from FOIA requests.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Sep 30, 2023

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

The judge already was, and had expressed it pretty clearly in previous cases which is why this is probably the result Trump's team was hoping for.

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Friends, I would like to notify you that we are quickly approaching Fat Bear Week.

Probably not, if there's a shutdown. efb

Godholio fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Sep 30, 2023

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
The shutdown won’t make it a week. I have leave the second week of April and it’s not going to end up being free.

Also, as I’ve said, I’ll be shocked if air travel isn’t complete chaos day one. Controllers aren’t going to gently caress around again.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

RFC2324 posted:

To most reasonably sane people, a gun is a tool for putting bullets into a target. The fact that it's fun to shoot them is a bonus, although sometimes we let the fun part take over - whomst among us wouldn't seize the opportunity at least once to rock-and-roll Hollywood-style and not care what we hit with the spray if offered?

We might even video it and post it. But that's not the point of a gun, and it's not the point of range time.

To Musk and people like him it's a boom-boom toy that makes him look cool and feel powerful. That's what he thinks he's accomplishing by posting through it like that: "This made me feel like a badass. Aren't I a badass here?" Firing a big gun from the hip is putting on a costume, the same way that wearing a cowboy hat or makingstealing stupid memes is. It's adopting the trappings of something he admires and wants to emulate, and completely failing to realize that there's anything deeper there that he's missing.

He may chuckle at the meme. But that's not why he posts it. Same thing.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Godholio posted:

The judge already was, and had expressed it pretty clearly in previous cases which is why this is probably the result Trump's team was hoping for.

Probably not, if there's a shutdown. efb

Why would this be the desired outcome? Is it so they can appeal any further conviction?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Mr. Nice! posted:

In news world, the Texas DPS proudly posted a video of SPECIAL OPERATING GROUP rangers invading Mexico to cut down some trees on an island.

Didn't North and South Korea almost restart the war once because of something similar with trees?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Whole lotta shutdown-related movement in the last hour. Probably will find out if there's a shutdown in the next few hours:

https://twitter.com/JulieNBCNews/status/1708133349397541261?t=ReFOBJYH9S-TMie-mawbrA&s=19

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1708142410264440917?t=dDpqAat40J6cT1tYNtqBKw&s=19

Republicans dropped the insistence on heavy cuts, border bullshit, and dumb policy. Ukraine appears to be out (but supplemental coming), but everything else is in. Will be interesting to see if it passes.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Didn't North and South Korea almost restart the war once because of something similar with trees?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_axe_murder_incident

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Let's see what drives one of the dozen or so obsessives responsible for over half the recent school book bannings?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2023/09/28/virginia-frequent-school-book-challenger-spotsylvania/

quote:

Petersen grew up hating books.
Shocker!

quote:

That changed about 15 years ago, around the time Petersen’s daughter was born. Petersen had always loved Asian and Middle Eastern culture. When she spotted a novel with two Chinese sisters on the cover in a Ross Dress for Less store, she sat down with it and couldn’t stop reading. She finished the book, “Shanghai Girls” by Lisa See, in a day.

Let's learn a little bit more about the book that turned her into a literary expert

https://www.amazon.com/Shanghai-Girls-Novel-Lisa-See/dp/0812980530 posted:

Pearl is a Dragon sign, strong and stubborn, while May is a true Sheep, adorable and placid. Both are beautiful, modern, and carefree . . . until the day their father tells them that he has gambled away their wealth and that in order to repay his debts he must sell the girls as wives to suitors who have traveled from California to find Chinese brides.

an Amazon review posted:

The girls meet their husbands briefly, Pearl's husband is Sam and he is her age, but May's husband, Vernon, is only fourteen years old and cannot consummate the marriage. Pearl sleeps with a total stranger, her husband, but hates the experience and incredibly the sheets of her marriage bed are examined by the man who arranged the marriages, as proof of the consummation and Pearl's virginity.

God forbid your kids read The Diary of Anne Frank though.

the article posted:

She had begun attending school board meetings in 2020, first to protest pandemic school closures and then mandatory masking.

There it is! The internet was indeed a mistake.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Discussion Quorum posted:

There it is! The internet was indeed a mistake.

To be fair - the internet is making it where books bans like this are practically unenforceable. If you want to read a book, its on the internet, even if Chuds ban it at your Library or School.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I miss when the internet was cool like 1997 when you could say you had an internet girlfriend in canada and it was true and there was just dial up so the school couldn't get through to your parents to tell them about the incident

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Looking like a shutdown may be averted pending late votes. But the House GOP wanted to vote on the CR with literally 20 minutes notice, so Democrats got a bit too desperate in delaying things to read the bill:

https://twitter.com/Olivia_Beavers/status/1708181356268663219

Sounding like it will clear the House (after a long motion to adjourn wraps up)

https://twitter.com/bresreports/status/1708184720238899260

The $6B Ukraine funding is the sacrifice, but Senate GOP thinks that the correct time to have the Ukraine funding fight is in Biden's supplemental, which will be due in the next 45 days anyways.