Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
My purple pocket is supposedly at my house.. Unfortunately I'm at work for another 4 hours :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Aardvark Barber posted:

My green model is getting delivered today, debating doing a button swap with my black unit.

Is your black one the first one or the later revision? I'm not sure about the face buttons but I know the power and volume ones were altered to be less flush. I have liked the feel of the d-pad on my new one just slightly more so I've been hesitant to mess with it.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Got my transparent purple Pocket yesterday. Absolutely love this thing so far. Gameboy and Gameboy Color games feel absolutely perfect on here. I think I prefer them to GBA games on it due to the letterboxing of widescreen GBA games. Oracle of Ages in particular looks and plays so drat well on here.

One thing that is a bit of a bummer: I put the console to sleep while playing a GBA game overnight. Woke it up in the morning, played a few minutes, and put it back to sleep. A few hours later I picked it up off my desk, woke it up and it started the game up but reset it. Not sure if i lightly bumped the cartridge or what, but it has me hesitant to put it to sleep when playing a cartridge game without saving again.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

There’s some issues with cartridge GBA games in sleep mode. Hopefully the 2.0 update (which comes out before year’s end) fixes it.

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
Transparent Red came yesterday. What a great little device.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
That's beautiful. Really kinda makes me wish I had tried to get one and maybe sold my black one.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Since Duo pre-orders are still open, is it likely to still ship in 2023 if I order now?

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

What cases are you guys using? I have a couple DS case but while it fit's inside, they're a little too soft for my liking.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

IG-88 posted:

What cases are you guys using? I have a couple DS case but while it fit's inside, they're a little too soft for my liking.

Bought a 3DS LL (XL) case from Japan after I was tipped off they were relatively cheap. It's not as snug as I would like but if it protects the AP from the elements, who am I to complain?

Not that I take it outside mind you. My Miyoo Minis do that job for me.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

IG-88 posted:

I still need to find a good one too. I've just been carrying it around in the box it came in, which is less than ideal.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I got one of these and it gets the job done. Pretty much any case for a 3DS XL will work fine.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
I carry mine around in my pocket yolo and store it in one of those Waterfield cases at home to keep out dust.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Ordered a new clear transparent Pocket on Ebay, was $335 taxed and shipped total. Using an Ebay fee calculator, the seller lost -$4.70 and I got to pay $50 more than I should have :argh:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Jotego CPS2 just went public. I just tried with Aliens vs Predator and it works great.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It works fantastically. It’s amazing having all 3 Darkstalkers games plus MVC1.

Hopefully CPS3 could be possible as well.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
After n64 and Saturn, that’s the last core I’m truly anticipating. Street fighter 3 is just about my favorite game ever

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I doubt those 2 will come to Pocket but could CPS3 be possible?

I’d like Sega CD and Virtual Boy too, which is apparently being worked on.

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!
N/M

Coffee Jones fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Oct 27, 2023

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

The Automator posted:

After n64 and Saturn, that’s the last core I’m truly anticipating. Street fighter 3 is just about my favorite game ever

Sadly I think those 2 will be Mister/MARS only. I don't think the FPGA in the pocket is big enough for them.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Substandard posted:

Is the ez flash omega the recommended gba flash cart? I was going to order one but there was a note on the page that says it does not work with the analogue Pocket so I didn't pull the trigger.

I would 100% only be interested in something with RTC functionality.

I haven’t tried it exhaustively but it booted up and ran a few games fine with my AP. Didn’t even bother to update the firmware on the Omega.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
It's impressive that it can pull off playing any 5th gen games. I guess 6th gen technically counts with the late era Neo-Geo games too.

CPS3 is likely too much for the AP but since SFIII 3rd Strike is the only game on that board that matters in my opinion, it's not a big loss

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"
Question on the jotego cores — they seem to operate but have a scrolling credits overlay and there’s no way to get rid of it (or insert coins). There seems to be no mention of this online — what gives?

Edit: or is this the paywall stuff everyone’s been yelling about?

Goreld fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Nov 4, 2023

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Goreld posted:

Question on the jotego cores — they seem to operate but have a scrolling credits overlay and there’s no way to get rid of it (or insert coins). There seems to be no mention of this online — what gives?

Edit: or is this the paywall stuff everyone’s been yelling about?

Yes, those cores need a key you get from supporting their Patreon while in beta. They will not need that once they leave beta and go public.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
I was playing the D&D games last night and in the heat of things triggered the core credits and paused the arcade title though I'm not sure how. Getting to the Analogue menu (Down + Select) and choosing Resume fixed it

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://x.com/analogue/status/1724819848704713150?s=46&t=zpYUUMLitkL1LQfCkNP_qA

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Trying to decide which color is the least popular and thus the most likely to remain in stock the longest

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

bone emulator posted:

Trying to decide which color is the least popular and thus the most likely to remain in stock the longest

Silver and blue.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I think silver will be the most popular along with indigo. If I had to guess, I’d guess orange will be the least popular one.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 15, 2023

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
drat those look so good

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Piss yellow is gonna go first for sure

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

SeANMcBAY posted:

I think silver will be the most popular along with indigo. If I had to guess, I’d guess orange will be the least popular one.

But spice orange is the coolest GameCube color, which might influence matters

acksplode
May 17, 2004

My first gaming handheld was a silver Game Boy Pocket and good grief I can't believe I'm even thinking of double dipping on a $250 device because of colors nostalgia. gently caress

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

I'm not going to buy one of those.... since I have a black Pocket I need to sell, the glow pocket and a clear pocket. But if I did it would be silver, I expect that to be the atomic purple of this bunch.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Give us the real poo poo analogue. When’s the firmware update

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

RME posted:

Give us the real poo poo analogue. When’s the firmware update

Sometime before the end of the year they confirmed a few weeks ago so it’s gotta be soon.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

it’s gotta be soon.

Lol

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Resellers were losing money on some of those transparent pockets. With these colors not being all that special I wonder if this might be the first time they don't all sell out and have a bit of stock on hand.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Sometime before the end of the year they confirmed a few weeks ago so it’s gotta be soon.

Eh the last firmware update was supposed to have been q1 and came out middle of q2 so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Eh, I believe them this time unless there’s a major bug. Makes no sense to say an update is coming in only a few weeks and not deliver.

I just hope the openfpga GB, GBC, and GBA cores also add frame blending as an option along with the filters.