Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Yeah, someone let me know when I can order one without going through a scalper. Just the regular model.

I was checking on its dock because I want to guarantee the thing will still play somehow even if the screen/battery goes to hell in the future. Apparently it's completely proprietary and nothing but their dock can do HDMI or accept controllers? Yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

DisposableHero posted:

I have an older black one but I think that'll become my brother's Christmas now.

Hey, it's me ur brother

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

bone emulator posted:

Trying to decide which color is the least popular and thus the most likely to remain in stock the longest

Silver and blue.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Used this opportunity to finally snag one of these things, regardless of color. Got the silver one. Pretty touch and go, though: process was a massive pain between a CAPTCHA I had to solve 6-7 times and a queue wait list.

Oh yeah, if it's not obvious, the orders are open and live and you need to rush if you want one of those.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Woo, my silver Pocket got here! Not only does it look gorgeous by itself, but the screen is something out of this world. Have been playing Mario Land 2 DX (the rom hack) and some Truxton 2.

It was super expensive between the limited model price, the absurd shipping costs, plus EU VAT on top of it, but I can't really say it wasn't worth it.