Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

those 3 months in the mid 90s when "cd-rom" was it's own genre of software

I have this memory of gawking at a 7th guest demo in a compusa in New Orleans in the 90s when two lady cops walked up to me and were super impressed by the fmv stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

it was the era when I was a kid in the 90s and thought computers were magic

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

the geocities era

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

remember dead pixels? and how you couldn't return your lovely 4:3 lcd monitor with a 10hz refresh rate unless it had like 5 of them and they were all roughly in the same spot and it wasn't close to the edges? that owned, because it meant that crt was still the dominant tech and those had a degauss button

I always complained loudly about this and got a refund anyways