Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Edward Mass posted:

What if I have both? What then?

You roll your eyes whenever you see the stupidity people post about Bsky on mastodon like I do I imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Mastodon is all software engineers and no funny shitposters. It was always gonna turn out this way.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

a tale as old as time

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Am I the only one getting an error from the Goonsky feed?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

bluesky is for popular people now. no room left for goons :woof:

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
It came back.
Not sure what happened.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
I feel as long as Bluesky keeps the ship sailing straight, continuously improving on their platform (and allowing videos + gifs, jfc), they'll keep getting bumps in users every time twitter shits the bed due to wtv latest of Musk's antics.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The invite codes are now gone. Like tears in the rain...

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://bsky.social/about/blog/02-22-2024-open-social-web

Bluesky is enabling federation, so people can start hosting their own servers.

drwiii
Aug 23, 2005

You guessed it: Frank Stallone.

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

Twitter is huge in Japan. His loving with the platform is plainly making it worse probably

Birds were huge in Japan a hundred years ago. The whole weblog thing is way overproduced these days. If I can get a few months' worth of "Blues Kentucky" laughs out of the way, I'd probably want to see what the whole Bluesky software system is all about. What a burden..

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Talorat posted:

Welcome new folks! Feel free to add yourselves to the goonfeed here:

Add yourself to the GoonSky feed

You can add the GoonSky feed to your feeds here

And don't forget:

It seems like Goonsky only includes direct posts from goons and not reposts from other sources. Is this intended behavior? I feel like a goon repost is still posted by that goon and should be included. It's your decision, of course; I'm just wondering.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I prefer it to be just direct posts by goons. Feels more intimate. :mmmhmm:

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

SimonChris posted:

It seems like Goonsky only includes direct posts from goons and not reposts from other sources. Is this intended behavior? I feel like a goon repost is still posted by that goon and should be included. It's your decision, of course; I'm just wondering.

It doesn’t have reposts yeah, I believe that’s an option I can toggle if people would like that, but otherwise I think it’ll probably stay as direct posts only.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

huh

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Sounds like a good way to get prions.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

just seems like a hyperbolic anti-taxidermy argument

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

TrashMammal posted:

just seems like a hyperbolic anti-taxidermy argument

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

just seems like a hyperbolic pro-skullfucking argument

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Culture happens on bluesky. It just does.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Oh dear

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

e: ^^^oh deerskull

easy to scoff, but when you think about it many relationships could be improved by flipping them to taxidermy mode

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

MrQwerty posted:

Culture happens on bluesky. It just does.

"Does" you say?

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I like this new episode.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
OK OK, I'll give you an invite to Bluesky. Just promise me you won't talk about skullfucking

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

bluesky seems epic

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
It's possible there are no normal people online anymore.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

we finally made lowtax’s worst nightmare happen. a world where everyone is a goon

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

To the blood gods I offer my blood.
To the skull gods I offer my cum.

Blood and cum are equal in my very personal beliefs, you see.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I have skulls in my house, for sex.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

do they even bleach the things first or is the urge that uncontrollable

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

Somehow I just noticed skullfucker's handle and it's occurred to me that they're probably some kiwifarms/4chan troll. The skull loving jokes people made were still kinda funny.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

there's too much politics now and not enough titties, we need to rebuild the wall

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

been at this long enough for a proper review

sausage party still going strong when the clock ticks into the witching hours. nothing all that weird in my follows, but for whatever reason they’ve got me tagged for a hearty dose of masculine energy in the for you feed after dark

never been all that great, as is the way with wieners, but as the masses roll in the vibe has tilted noticeably towards desperation. haven’t seen a beefswelling worth so much as a raised eyebrow for awhile. artful dongers, rare before, now smothered to extinction by the rising tide of mediocre horndogging

still no politics. for you by day maintaining at mostly people posting about their cats. sadly getting far less opossum posts. thought i was curating my likes and follows for more of those—but alas, despite my best efforts, the catfluencers seem to have won out

such a bizarre mess. vast majority of the accounts i’d like to see in my feed still just placeholders

wondering what it would take to pull up from this hose dive? probably a skill issue. still not sure how i feel about this bluesky thing

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I just searched for and followed a few custom feeds that only had what I wanted. There seem to be some options available:

Occasionally one of the custom feeds I mainly browse start to get poo poo up by someone but a block takes care of that pretty easily. I've completely removed all the default feeds except for following which I'm not even sure you can remove.

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

FYI, the ability to mute words not in yet but should be coming soon (according to a bsky dev).

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
So is the platform dead? They opened up but everyone is still on Twitter?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Popoto posted:

So is the platform dead? They opened up but everyone is still on Twitter?

Not really? They're still adding improvements (that admittedly should have already been part of the site) and they added another 2 million users after opening up. The place is definitely busier than it was, and I've started seeing a couple of news agencies start to post there as well.

Sadly it's just hard to break the inertia of Twitter. People still posting there "so their stuff gets seen" even as actual engagement with said stuff drops off a cliff.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
twitter is unfrotunaelty Too Big To Fail and i will be gassing this thread on tuesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Ben Mezrich's "Breaking Twitter" is full of stories where the people who actually build and operate Twitter tell Elon to avoid doing a stupid thing and he smashes the You're Fired/I Don't Care button every time.

Jack Dorsey turned out to have been trying to recruit Elon to help right the Twitter ship for a while, though Dorsey also described what a do-over would look like and it's exactly Bluesky and federated social media.