Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
The weirdest thing about Bluesky so far is that the general vibe seems to be almost identical to the vibe of my Tumblr feed, right down to the fascist-shaming.

Can't complain though, I like my Tumblr and it's a decent enough way to look at cats and funny posts while I'm idle in a meeting or something.

It's nothing amazing, but it's not a bot-ridden hellscape yet so I'll probably enjoy it while it's chill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Comstar posted:

Every time I come to this thread, it's too late :(

I know social media is all about oversharing but c'mon, TMI dude.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Does this thing have an app yet by the way, or are there any apps in dev?

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
My first five minutes on Bsky had me encounter a bunch of people dunking on fascists, shitposting, and shitposting about dunking on fascists. It'll probably go to poo poo when it opens up, but for now it's a fun way to scroll for a couple of minutes, and most of the time I'll find at least something funny to share with my friends.

I don't know if I missed the boat or something but I really never found anything like that on Mastodon. It was very nice, and it had that vibe of being populated by LibreOffice and GIMP users, but it wasn't really very entertaining.

That said, if BS crashes and burns and the fun moves to Mastodon, I'll be on board.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Lucid Nonsense posted:

Dang, someone already took my username. I haven't looked at their posts, but if they are some kind of hosed up racist, just know that it's not me.

Shot in the dark, but if you have a domain/website you can control the DNS for, you can use that as your handle.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Escape From Noise posted:

I'm not sure I'm ready 2 skeet in the world's town square.

Elon bragging about his desecration of the digital town square while we're here pioneering the digital town cube

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Thought people usually used 22/7 for that approximation, but to each their own, I guess.

That aside, I figured the irritation and sense of futility when trying to figure out how to stop weird, lumpy guys from showing me their dicks unannounced was probably quite close to how it feels to be a woman on social media.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

wash bucket posted:

What's with all the code obfuscation? Has someone been scraping the forums to harvest codes?

Even ignoring the idea that non-goons were swiping them, I think most people were just having fun coming up with silly ways to present the codes.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Everything else I can figure out but what's the squid cluster about?

Does Bluesky have an especially large Splatoon community or something

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
I've never seen anything other than dunking on crypto poo poo in my tenure, but the site was originally backed by Jack Dorsey so it probably attracted at least a few of the wealth-obsessed crypto ghouls in its initial run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Post/name combo doing work here