Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
I watched it when I was about 15 and it blew my mind and got me into some great music and went with the whole CKY thing

rewatching in my 20’s was rough and i think I would actively hate it now lol.

bully was cool but probably would be the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

Earwicker posted:

yea its a shame that movie is so traumatizing because the music is actually extremely good. but its hard to hear without thinking of the movie

they used to use it for sky sports football in the UK

it reminds me of hanging around with nobheads

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

Earwicker posted:

thats a weird thing to use it for but then i remember when some cruise ship company used iggy pop's "lust for life" for their commercials so i guess people will just strip the context from anything

I think it works to get people into a weird headspace

people would zone out to that intro music and then be drunk with shark eyes and turn into monsters. granted some of that is just sport but yeah, that music does stuff behind the scenes.

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

sad question posted:

What is Larry Clark up to these days? Still making movies exclusively about teenagers loving? He always gave off major creeper vibes to me

last film of his I watched was Wassup Rockers

some Latino skater kids and don’t remember it being gross like Ken park or as dark as bully

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

Brain Curry posted:

His most recent film with a wiki summary:

Marfa Girl 2 is a 2018 drama film written and directed by Larry Clark. A sequel to his 2012 film Marfa Girl, the film follows the characters of that film, set in the West Texas town of Marfa.[2][3][1] The film has been noted for Clark‘s obsession with "raw sexuality" and unsimulated sex scenes.[4]

hmmmm.

The film follows Adam, a directionless 16-year-old living in the working class town of Marfa, Texas, and his sexual relationships with his teenage girlfriend, twenty-something neighbor, an aggressive local artist, and his pregnant high school teacher, while an unhinged, misogynistic border patrol agent watches over the neighborhood. What ensues is a web of sex, drugs, and violence as the Latino skater punks adjust to their gritty, aimless life in the dead end town.[2][3]

this 80 year old dude really wishes he was a little aids sk8r kid so bad