Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

The satanic panic would be funnier if people didn't literally get locked up and lose years of their lives to that bullshit.

I remember people in school talking about Kids, and the weird serial-liar kids would just keep making up increasingly outlandish stuff that happened in it, because none of them wanted to admit that they never actually saw it.

When I finally saw it years later, it was just a movie about a little sociopath being a little sociopath. Basically someone took all those moral panic news stories about teenagers and rolled them up into a film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

We did watch a lot of scare-tactic stuff about AIDS though. Basically AIDS was everywhere, and if you didn't already have AIDS, you were going to get AIDS, and then you were going to loving die.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

deep dish peat moss posted:

The world should never know. But my assumption was that they saw pics of sperm and thought they were just little fish and maybe big river fish could swim up there and get a girl pregnant too?

Or they learned about how fish eggs are fertilized and thought that milt did the same for humans?