Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will Ciryl Gane display his newly-honed takedown defense?
This poll is closed.
Stepping gracefully to one side as his opponent moves helplessly past him 0 0%
Lifting his hips above his opponent's head and thus preserving his center of gravity 2 33.33%
A sternly voiced reminder that wrestling is not cool and you should really stop it 1 16.67%
Falling over repeatedly 3 50.00%
Total: 6 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
Funny how you can barely hear the fighters even when they're in Bruce's face yelling in to the same microphone, directional mics are loving magic.

Anyway, here we go. I wasn't paying full attention but commentary was saying something that sounded like "first woman to fight in the ufc" which obviously does not describe any of these ladies so I must've misheard, was anyone paying attention? wtf were they talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

CarlCX posted:

First French woman to fight in the UFC. Although I think there have been, like, three in total.

Oh thanks, that makes more sense

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
We're not even halfway in the second round but I have a strong feeling this fight ends with at least 2 judges having it 30-27 for Fairn based purely on crowd volume.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

Trillhouse posted:

please stop playing paddy cake and start hitting each other.

most impactful strike of the fight was the eyepoke

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
This is good. I'm just gonna try to forget that first fight was even on this card.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

CarlCX posted:

I kind of wonder if they cut Kleydson. They knew he didn't have poo poo for Basharat and now he's 1 for 4. Poor Feethands.

Are you counting the weight miss as a loss? Which...I guess for the purposes of this conversation isn't totally unfair, especially since he also missed weight for the fight he won.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
I don't really know the contract stuff but I've gotten the impression only the fighter is bound by the number of fights left, and UFC can just release people whenever.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
is paris at 20 thousand feet or something? what's with this trashweight level of exhaustion

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
Always fun watching these cagewarriors folks get a rude awakening in UFC

Lets see how it goes for the 8-0 kid next fight

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
Holy poo poo I did not expect that last minute

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
Overall this was the saddest prelims I can remember seeing in loving years.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
cool finish

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
Was that a tap with the left hand?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007