Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."
What happens when 70,000 tech bros drive into the middle of the Nevada desert to take shrooms, and then a one in ten thousand year rainfall happens?

It turns out, you get 70,000 stranded tech bros quickly running out of food and water. Every "burner" as they like to be called is supposed to bring enough supplies to last until the "mass leaving" on Monday, but no one's leaving. How long will the community of sharing last before people start to siphon gas? How many burners will get a billionaire boot to the face when attempting to cling to the side of a rescue helicopter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I think that guy ate all the other burners' food.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Lol rekt

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.
How was it Dick Fontaine

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
seems the last one in 10,000 year rainfall event was just last week

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I blessed the rains

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

I wanna see the Juggalo Gathering get gentrified the same way Burning Man has because I want to see tech bros get chased with a hachet for bogarting designer meth.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I wanna see the Juggalo Gathering get gentrified the same way Burning Man has because I want to see tech bros get chased with a hachet for bogarting designer meth.

I hope the Gathering of the Juggalos stays just as pure as it has always been because that poo poo's way funnier than any other festival

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Let this Burning Man produce flowers in the rain

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
You can’t burn a man when it’s raining duh

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Wet Man

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

You can’t burn a man when it’s raining duh

You can though, just need to stoke the fire more.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

This is absolute weak sauce poo poo, 4 years out of 5 Glastonbury in the UK turns into a solid foot of mud and it's not only expected it's considered part of the experience.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I know someone who was supposed to go to burning man this year, but she broke up with her deadbeat artist boyfriend instead and totally ate: a ticket she bought, another ticket she was gifted for another person who couldn't figure out their ride situation, and a parking pass that was also gifted.

Her current concern is whether or not she's going to lose friends over that and I told her, "lmao you just threw thousands of someone else's dollars gifted to you for a specific purpose away, I think you know what's gonna happen."

Bet she's happy she didn't get rained out though!

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Sep 2, 2023

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Back in my day we burned a man at Burning Man. And we were all thankful for it.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2023/sep/02/burning-man-festival-mud-trapped-shelter-in-place

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Pity if they all died

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
burning man more like raining man !!

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

quote:

In a separate communication, they warned burners – as festival-goers are known – to “conserve food and water, shelter in a warm space” as temperatures in the desert dipped into the 50s.

Someone will need to get these ladies some jackets :ohdear:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Vampire Panties posted:

Someone will need to get these ladies some jackets :ohdear:

JAFFA KREE!

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat
Good im glad of it

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat

Nooner posted:

Lol rekt

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

hi

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Hallelujah it’s burning man

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Because at heart I am a pyromaniac, I will watch the Official Fire and help put it out when the time comes.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
We didn't start the fire (because it rained)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/zIrkXIf.jpg

That is allegedly the oldest flame in the world.

Zoroastrians.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Luckily, the cannibal auction of meatslaves will accept all forms of cryptocurrency

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I'd rather the Gathering get scheduled and relocated literally right next to Burning Man just to watch the chaos unfold

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

ElectricSheep posted:

I'd rather the Gathering get scheduled and relocated literally right next to Burning Man just to watch the chaos unfold

This is our collective mission. We can do this, for real.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Looking forward to the snowrunner DLC where you have to rescue burners from a muddy desert

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Wait how are they running out of supplies if it was supposed to last the entire thing but it got cut short?

Death By Yogurt
Apr 3, 2007

All their poop will get mixed with the mud and they'll drown slowly in their stinky mudpoop.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Death By Yogurt posted:

All their poop will get mixed with the mud and they'll drown slowly in their stinky mudpoop.

Into the recycler.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I’m sure they won’t turn to cannibalism. :ohdear:

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
pivot the whole thing to Drowning Man, charge them double for entry again, profit. I like to think in solutions

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2023/aug/28/burning-man-protest-climate-change-environment

“They’re delusional, it’s idiocy,” fumed Molly, a festival attendee. “They think they’re going to fix climate change by blocking Burning Man? I don’t care what their argument is, they can go gently caress themselves.”

Too bad they couldn't block the dipshit parade for longer

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
I have no idea if burning man is a fun thing because anyone I've ever met that attends/makes it their personality was insufferable as gently caress when I asked them about it.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Steadiman posted:

pivot the whole thing to Drowning Man, charge them double for entry again, profit. I like to think in solutions

That Atlantis twist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Sophy Wackles posted:

I’m sure they won’t turn to cannibalism. :ohdear:

they will have to eat the man