Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
It's gonna be a Lord of the flies situation in like three days lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.

zer0spunk posted:

I have no idea if burning man is a fun thing because anyone I've ever met that attends/makes it their personality was insufferable as gently caress when I asked them about it.

you can have fun at any festival if you want to have fun at a festival

burning man is just really loving expensive, a massive personal logistics nightmare and hopefully it doesn't turn into an open desert mudbog that far outside civilization, because you probably only packed clothes for 100+ in the day and 50 at night with no moisture

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

MrQwerty posted:

you can have fun at any festival if you want to have fun at a festival

burning man is just really loving expensive, a massive personal logistics nightmare and hopefully it doesn't turn into an open desert mudbog that far outside civilization, because you probably only packed clothes for 100+ in the day and 50 at night with no moisture

eh, i've been to festivals that had absolute poo poo scheduling, weather nightmares, 0 working bathrooms..I gotta disagree that all festivals can be fun..unless you meant with drugs.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

zer0spunk posted:

eh, i've been to festivals that had absolute poo poo scheduling, weather nightmares, 0 working bathrooms..I gotta disagree that all festivals can be fun..unless you meant with drugs.

lmao

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Clear skies and no lines to the Porta Potty.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
I just don't think I'm going to get an honest review of what it's like from anyone that refers to themselves as a "burner" seventeen times a minute

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

I had "Burning Man attendees get trapped in the desert with no supplies after it falls apart" sketched out as a horror movie idea a couple years ago, and then it actually happens. I give up!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

istewart posted:

I had "Burning Man attendees get trapped in the desert with no supplies after it falls apart" sketched out as a horror movie idea a couple years ago, and then it actually happens. I give up!

Multiple Bigfoots converge on the feed lot.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

quote:

The weather-related disruptions have caused suspension of the cleaning and emptying of thousands of portable toilets.

Lol

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I watched some tiktoks of people bitching and crying and watching a TV under a tarp lol

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
anyway it doesn't end until Monday right? are they expecting to not have a way out by Monday?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

bet they are feeling pretry foolish

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Burning Fellow

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Flaming Guy

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

AGAGAGAGAGAERGRGAGAGAGRFGFG!!!!

- A Burning Man

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Sid Vicious posted:

Flaming Guy

Hot Male

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Sounds like this festival is... on fyre :radcat:

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

redshirt posted:

Jose Canseco shows up looking for people to join to his Bigfoot hunting party. He also converges on the feedlot.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

AARD VARKMAN posted:

anyway it doesn't end until Monday right? are they expecting to not have a way out by Monday?

that's why I've always been sketched out by "go to a festival further away from civilization than any other one on the PLANET, also it's in the OPEN DESERT but it NEVER RAINS!"

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

IM AT BURNING MAN reading CASTENEDA and making GBS threads MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

IM AT BURNING MAN reading CASTENEDA and making GBS threads MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!

The Old Lady with mushrooms is here

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

MrQwerty posted:

that's why I've always been sketched out by "go to a festival further away from civilization than any other one on the PLANET, also it's in the OPEN DESERT but it NEVER RAINS!"

If there's any group of people with enough combined genius to survive this kind of thing, it's the attendees of burning man

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

AARD VARKMAN posted:

If there's any group of people with enough combined genius to survive this kind of thing, it's the attendees of burning man

Absolutely, my girlfriends' best friends' ex is totally not the kind of dude who says he's "really busy working on art" when what he's doing is listening to a laser cutter run and posting on facebook.
He is definitely one of the top geniuses I'd have on my team if I were there right now.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

istewart posted:

Did you have "the portapotties fill and trucks can't arrive to empty them" as the inciting event because imo that's what it'd be

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

Did you have "the portapotties fill and trucks can't arrive to empty them" as the inciting event because imo that's what it'd be

It's always the portapotties.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

redshirt posted:

Bigfeet, surely

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

burning man more like making GBS threads man

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight
All those wet furry suits, the smell.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Aragosta posted:

All those wet furry suits, the smell.

Most days I'm sure they'd be happy for liquid cooling.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Seth Pecksniff posted:

It's gonna be a Lord of the flies situation in like three days lmao

This time, everyone is Piggy

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Wait, does Jose Canseco mean this Bigfoot?

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
Where there's Burning Man, there's Fyre

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i think they're expecting more rain tomorrow

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."
lmao I google mapped where burning man is, and its like 15 miles away from the nearest town. Imagine eating your last loaf of artesian rye, your trench foot getting red and starting to feel hot, shivering under your waterlogged fursuit, your gut feels hard because you're too shy to poo poo in the communal pit, and all you had to do was walk 15 miles back to the shell station for a slim jim

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LaserPrinter69 posted:

lmao I google mapped where burning man is, and its like 15 miles away from the nearest town. Imagine eating your last loaf of artesian rye, your trench foot getting red and starting to feel hot, shivering under your waterlogged fursuit, your gut feels hard because you're too shy to poo poo in the communal pit, and all you had to do was walk 15 miles back to the shell station for a slim jim

15 miles of open desert*

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They should just start the fire and evaporate the water.

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

Aqua Man

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

15 miles of open desert*

I'd just follow the Moon.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

MrQwerty posted:

15 miles of open desert*

Just do the trek at night. Should be fine I’m sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
They should close the roof imo