Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Silo!

(switches "easily" :airquote: between melee and ranged)

What it feels like:

Abilities
Firebomb
Bomb, fire dot.
Oil Bomb
Slows, explodes when fire bomb hits it. Nice radius. With ability points, it deals more break damage. Oil bomb gives a free fire bomb charge, so by using fire bomb first, he ends with 3 overall charges.
Proto-Clone
Taunt. Counts a free dodge so use movement buttons to control where he ends up to save on stamina. Ability points makes it do some AoE. Not worth it imo.
ARC Nemesis
Meh: the ability. It does a lot of AoE, slows, but isn't one shotting anything. It can clear waves and last long enough to kill respawns for those event types. Not bad, not great.

Stats: Mix ap and weapon power. Add crit power at 30.
Weapon: Ranged. Really hard to aim his bombs in melee but doable by locking on.
Ability points: Heavy IMO, max fire bomb and oil bomb. He gets a lot of uses of them.
Affinity: Discipline 1 gives 10% crit chance on debuffed enemies, which synergizes with his passive. Sorta similar to Venomess, its free stats that allows him to slot other stats. Going Instinct 1, Discipline 1, Focus 1 is well rounded. Focus 2 and Discipline 2 overlap, so Instinct 2 is probably a better bet. I have Discipline 2 and it's overkill on ability uses.

My first and a solid choice for a first wayfinder. Silo's abilities are generic on paper and feels that way in play. There's a finesse and gimmick free nature to him that I enjoy. Plastering enemies with fire bombs, dodging with proto-clone, and setting up a group for arc nemesis can feel good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

AMA with SolidAge

quote:

Solid did an AMA regarding DEs Host Migration.
What changes on the player end should we expect to see/when?
What changes is actually we’ll get stuff out to you faster and be a little more lean

Is there another content update planned before Founders season 2?
This obviously impacts the entire roadmap and we’ll give an update on that soon.

Will AS look for a new publisher?
We will, but we also operated the day to day for Wayfinder so really not a ton changes for us or even you the player.

When the next open world map will shine for us, maybe S2 or S3? And will bring mounts with it?
One of the things we’re talking about is doing more faster, maybe that means even some grey box or unfinished tiles in new lost zones, only time will tell but speed will be paramount.

Since DE was handling the Feature upvote (as far as I know), will you guys be looking into a new way to let us give feedback on the game ?
Yes

What about handling the servers? You guys plan on going peer-peer?
No plans. We always handled the servers, that doesn’t change. DE handled the accounts, queue, login.

Are daggers imbalanced? Or are the other melee weapons just under-performing?
All melee is under performing. Updates coming!

Guild system possibly affected?
We’ll obviously prioritize what makes sense to put out but content we had in the hopper doesn’t just go away

Would you say season 2 is still something we can expect in late nov early dec after these recent changes?
Season two is def delayed at this point. It doesn’t mean content isn’t coming but what we’d call “season 2” is

Will we likely see 5 or more founder's seasons? Free to play imo should still be a priority
I don’t know the answer to this, we’re prioritizing getting fast content out and being bold with changes
AMA with Snarf

quote:

Affinity Respec Soon?
Might be coming sooner than we were planning b4. No promises, but it's on the more immediate docket.

How's the timeline coming for release?
Road map and timeline is more than likely adjusted. We will still be working on consistant and meaningful balances, stabilization, bug fixes and content.

What's up with the lag in matchmaking problems?
The main issues seems to be with extreme matchmaking (OCE partying with someone in USA for example) it's a tricky bit of coding, but theoretically there should be hosting in the middle ground of the two IPs. Obviously when it's half the planet away and meeting in the middle ground there can still be a bit of lag, and we can't change the laws of physics sadly. That said of there are issues with how our matchmaking is identifying/classifying QOS we will work to address it so the correct server hub is spun up and the best quality connection is established.

Wait wait, DE was slowing you guys down?
I wouldnt say that. They helped on alot of fronts we are going to need to figure out now, but things will always go slower when there are multiple checks and balances

When OCE servers?
We use AWS, and I believe they have servers we spin up out there, it's just a matter of if oce folks are trying to party with non oce folks and getting a bad hub.

Grendal delayed?
Not necessarily, all the work on him is still moving forward as intended.

Other new Wayfinders on the way still?
Yes we have lots of new wayfinders we will continually add. The cadence may change, but Ultimately we are in control of our own destiny atm and we will do what we feel is best for the game and players.

Have you ever thought about expanding the Skylight as DLC content?
Live service, you can think of seasons as free dlc, but the goal is to continually expand everything within the confines of the lore. Might even see some additions to Skylight sooner than you think.

Is there any word on the UI update that is being worked on Snarf?
We have LOTS of improvements on the dev branch, it's all about rolling them out safely and maintaining stability. Live service is like juggling chainsaws.

Snarf. Would you consider a few changes on how we obtain / craft artifacts?
We do want there to be rare and meaningful chase items. But thay said we're open to evaluating and changing everything if it's not working the way we want. Even I have yet to get a boss artifact to drop xD.

Wayfinder on Gamepass?
For the time being were looking to keep things lean with a focus on stability performance rather than expanding.

Wait so this game is not going to be available for xbox?
We don't have any plans on changing long term release goals.

XP Buff

"Clever girl"

temple fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Nov 12, 2023

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Doing repeat Dread Legion runs now that I can beat it pretty consistently and trying to grind Senja. I'm frequently getting multiple big item drops per run. Got a dozen or so wins. So far I've landed:

10x Optic Cortex
4x Kyros summon parts
3x Dread Legion echo
and 6+ rare accessories

Not one part for Senja. I'm losing my god damned mind. I swear the game knows.

Also, they just announced a new patch coming soon to allow Affinity respecs. So that's good news.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

It really isn't that complicated.

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Doing repeat Dread Legion runs now that I can beat it pretty consistently and trying to grind Senja. I'm frequently getting multiple big item drops per run. Got a dozen or so wins. So far I've landed:

10x Optic Cortex
4x Kyros summon parts
3x Dread Legion echo
and 6+ rare accessories

Not one part for Senja. I'm losing my god damned mind. I swear the game knows.

Also, they just announced a new patch coming soon to allow Affinity respecs. So that's good news.

I spent far too much time unlocking Senja to realize I don't even like the way she plays.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem

PrinnySquad posted:

I spent far too much time unlocking Senja to realize I don't even like the way she plays.

Yeah, I don’t expect to be that into her at first, but the devs have said they plan to rework her since they know she has issues. I like her character design, so I’m hopeful the skill tweaks will make a difference down the line. If nothing else, unlocking her will satisfy my latent completionism.

That is, if I can ever get her drops. Got to around 25-30 Dread Legion runs in the tank last two nights and I’ve got one Senja drop.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Yeah, I don’t expect to be that into her at first, but the devs have said they plan to rework her since they know she has issues. I like her character design, so I’m hopeful the skill tweaks will make a difference down the line. If nothing else, unlocking her will satisfy my latent completionism.

That is, if I can ever get her drops. Got to around 25-30 Dread Legion runs in the tank last two nights and I’ve got one Senja drop.

Glad to hear she's getting a rework, as I quite like her general schtick but man it doesn't feel that great to play as it currently sits imo.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Have they been tuning the performance at all? It runs ok but there gets some hitches in town and stuff

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem
I think they’ve done some work and have more improvements coming. The game runs pretty flawlessly for me when I’m in a randomized level or boss fight. The only places where I get consistent hiccups are in the hub area, like you said, almost always at the same exact spot approaching the gate. So I’m wondering if there’s some behind the scenes loading going on right there.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

I think they’ve done some work and have more improvements coming. The game runs pretty flawlessly for me when I’m in a randomized level or boss fight. The only places where I get consistent hiccups are in the hub area, like you said, almost always at the same exact spot approaching the gate. So I’m wondering if there’s some behind the scenes loading going on right there.

Ok great! I need to start playing more I just haven’t had time.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Senja has very obvious flaws and subtle strengths but she's still cool to me. I'd make her two abilities accumulate favor faster because fully charging them every 10 seconds kills the flow. Keep the charging window because it allows her to safely mitigate attacks. Her favor damage buff should get like red numbers or a visual effect just so it's noticed. Overall, she's tough and hits hard. She doesn't need a self-heal if she's showboating properly. There isn't a good reason to not give a little self-heal considering how much healing other wayfinders can dish out. And pummel feels bad with the long windup and no payoff. Mechanically, it's a mitigation move and the stagger is useful. Just too subtle.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

More doom and gloom news
https://massivelyop.com/2023/11/16/interview-wayfinder-pauses-seasons-as-it-hunts-for-a-publisher-and-rebuilds-roadmap/

quote:

MassivelyOP: It was my understanding – which may be incorrect or outdated – that Digital Extremes was not hurting for money, so why this sudden about-face when it comes to Wayfinder? Is Tencent somehow to blame? Is this really as simple as DE wanting to leave the publishing business? Why is it happening so dang abruptly?
Airship Syndicate Director of Marketing and Engagement AJ LaSaracina: I can’t speak for Digital Extremes or for Tencent. I can say that we began working on the transition plan with DE the second we were informed.

quote:

How exactly is Airship going to keep supporting the game – how much funding is it sitting on, how long can it go the way it is now, and is the company looking for a buyer or new publisher? Does DE have any hand in the running or funding of the game now? How about Tencent – might something like Tencent’s Level Infinite pick it up?
Airship right now has enough resources in both staff and funding to run the game for some time. In the meantime we’ll be talking to publishers, including some that have already expressed interest. We are confident that the terms of DE’s divestment make the game and the deal appealing to a potential partner.

quote:

Did Airship itself lose anyone, or was it all just DE folks who worked on Wayfinder publishing and infrastructure?
There have been zero layoffs at Airship.

quote:

Was the experience boost [last week] calculated with this move in mind, or was it a coincidence?
Publishers set priorities, and 3 weeks ago we went to DE and said that we wanted to switch up our focus. We believe that we needed to fix the fundamental issues with the game before we delivered more content and Founder’s Season 2 (the two content updates that did release, had been done prior to launch). DE approved this pivot.

XP was at the top of that list. Our next focus will be UI, loading, technical performance, drop rates and more. Our number one priority right now is to fortify the base of the game.

It’s important to note that the publisher has control of 1st party accounts, so in our case we are unable to update PlayStation at this time. These weekly patches will be for PC for the time being, and as soon as we’re able to update PlayStation we will. Those players will still be able to play as they normally would, but cross play will be disabled. This is entirely out of our control and we know it’s not what we advertised or envisioned for the game and we’ll update as soon as we’re able to.

quote:

Is there any kind of refund plan on deck?
As far as refunds go, that is entirely up to DE as they handle all payments.

quote:

Presuming that there’s funding for the game, how have the game’s launch plans altered? What is the prognosis for reviving the game with F2P and getting the player counts back up and into the profitable zone?
The honest and real answer here is that we don’t know. We’re putting a pause on our “season” structure and assessing our calendar. The team here agrees that just racing to F2P isn’t the answer. We are staying true to the vision of Early Access where we work with the community to fix fundamentals as well as implement meaningful changes.

But that doesn’t mean we’re not releasing content. We’ll be addressing the fundamentals mentioned previously while also releasing content along the way. Seasons were our “wrapper” of sorts. It included a new character, a themed Reward Tower, new weapons, new quests, new locations etc. Instead of waiting for a large seasonal drop, we’ll be taking those pieces of content and releasing them alongside the smaller patches + fixes we’re doing at the faster cadence. We’ll also be updating our Roadmap to be much more about what players can expect from the next patch both content wise and fix wise

quote:

I’m really worried for this game. I cannot believe a project with that much money and effort behind it is worth nothing.
The game definitely still has value. Airship is motivated (arguably more than before) to make Wayfinder a success. There is still a lot that we don’t know both about the transition as well as what the future holds but we aren’t slowing down. We’ll be hosting a community stream soon to talk directly to the community as well as give more info once we have it.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Honestly (if you believe AJ that is) this doesn't sound like doom and gloom at all to me. This game *is* pretty far along. It's functional, has a pretty well-designed core loop, great visuals, really satisfying combat, and the makings of what could be a promising cross-platform live service. I don't doubt there's already interest from other publishers, and if Airship actually does have the money behind it to bridge the transition to another publisher they could pull it off. Honestly with the XP buff and AJ mentioning adjustments to drop rates being on the radar, influence from a publisher *other than* Digital Extremes could be just what this game needs.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Oh, dang. I’ve been playing on PS5 so I guess it’s time to shelve it for a long while. That’s actually a real bummer

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

omg chael crash posted:

Oh, dang. I’ve been playing on PS5 so I guess it’s time to shelve it for a long while. That’s actually a real bummer

I did overlook this part a bit. That really sucks, and I hope they can work out refunds for the console bros. It perplexes me a bit that any company does "early access" at this point of development that includes consoles with all the red tape involved in pushing out updates, and this situation (not being able to patch a platform because of a relationship with a publisher) was never even something that I was aware of before.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem
Yeah, I saw that too. The PlayStation issue is obviously really bad, but honestly I feel like most of the other stuff represents a positive change, provided they can get a publisher lined up. I hate how omnipresent the seasonal model is in gaming. Having a more consistent flow of new stuff to do and collect seems way better to me then getting a huge dump to grind through every 3-4 months. I feel like Airship has been a lot more nimble in their adjustments recently too. Quick fixes to the issues that irritate the community the most should always be priority when you’re doing EA. So I’m pretty happy with the game’s trajectory right now, but they’re going to need to secure funding to make it work.

Pryce
May 21, 2011
I actually appreciate that they're pausing Seasons and thinking about it again. I'm surprised to hear how much was being pushed on them from DE? Publishing varies wildly from company to company but I kinda assumed they were a bit more hands-off than they actually were. Curious to see if any massive business model changes come out of this.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Niss!

(it's a dark souls reference)

What it feels like:

Abilities
Shadow Step
Line aoe, damages twice, counts as a dodge. Works as a dodge too. Highly recommend locking on prior to using 2 charges because she will teleport in wild directions. SS is surprisingly flexible as damage or defensive. Will wipe out non elite enemies with ap.
Umbra Aura
This is a group buff, use it around teammates and they get a charge too. Makes SS even better. Should be used on cooldown and before engaging. Better than it seems.
Vengeful Shade
A tricky but strong abilities. Grants aoe damage and invulnerability when used but has a second step. Press attack to do a another aoe for more damage but no invulnerability. Doing the second attack can and will kill her in some scenarios. Respect it. But instead of pressing attack, she can use dodge and do a cool flip after the first attack. The dodge has some range so it can save your buns.
Gloom Shroud
Really difficult to use to the fullest. This gives SS unlimited charges during its duration. It can do huge damage in the right situation, barely any, or flat out kill you. Definitely want to save umbra aura and lock on (after its triggered).

Stats: AP, weapon damage. As before, mix in some crit rating/power at high levels. She shouldn't get hit too much.
Weapon: Daggers are good because she benefits from the pure invulnerability of parries. Everything else is okay.
Ability points: No bad choices if you max an ability. Personally, I maxed SS and vengeful shade for more SS charges.
Affinity: Discipline 2 is good in general, Instinct 2 is good for abilities. Focus feels like overkill but could help teammates if the orbs grant them lingering shadows.

She's another example of "boring on paper, awesome in gameplay." Niss embodies damage as support. She changes the way fights feel because enemies die so fast. With SS and vengeful shade, she has more survivability than it seems. She is rated challenging but not that hard ultimately. The first wayfinder I max leveled because she's hella good.

temple fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Nov 20, 2023

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem
Yeah, Niss is who I started with and I absolutely love everything about the character design and how she plays. She's easily my #1 favorite. Love the hit and run playstyle. Love that she has so many "oh poo poo emergency eject" options that also do killer damage. I seriously can't wait for them to add Awakening so I can get back to leveling her again. Just everything about her is fun to me.

EDIT - Also, Niss with Tempest is ludicrously good too. She's maybe the best in the game with a shotgun because she can get right in the pocket and blast fools with impunity since she has a ton of options to avoid sudden attacks and regain distance whenever it's needed. Pretty much the only time you're ever in real danger is if everything is on cooldown and you have no stamina, so as long as you leave a couple of abilities in the tank then you're free to go nuts with offense. It's really nice to catch an Equilibrium echo for her for this reason too, although that's a great thing to pick up for any character probably.

NObodyNOWHERE fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Nov 20, 2023

temple
Jul 29, 2006

The respec patch is live.

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Yeah, Niss is who I started with and I absolutely love everything about the character design and how she plays. She's easily my #1 favorite. Love the hit and run playstyle. Love that she has so many "oh poo poo emergency eject" options that also do killer damage. I seriously can't wait for them to add Awakening so I can get back to leveling her again. Just everything about her is fun to me.

EDIT - Also, Niss with Tempest is ludicrously good too. She's maybe the best in the game with a shotgun because she can get right in the pocket and blast fools with impunity since she has a ton of options to avoid sudden attacks and regain distance whenever it's needed. Pretty much the only time you're ever in real danger is if everything is on cooldown and you have no stamina, so as long as you leave a couple of abilities in the tank then you're free to go nuts with offense. It's really nice to catch an Equilibrium echo for her for this reason too, although that's a great thing to pick up for any character probably.
I love her too, so much I don't play her too much so I don't get bored of her.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

There's a bunch of updates ready for the December patch but the big one is AS confirmed they will publish the game themselves. They are launching PS5 updates soon and PS4 next.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Finally able to affinity respec my Niss, have to do a full respec in the UI, which is nbd. But it did not give me remotely close to the amount of gold back it takes to put all my points back in.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem
I believe the devs have said that only the materials are refunded, not the gold.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

They gave me like 2500 gold which is just a oddly low amount. The materials are put in a special reserve though so you can't use them on anyone else.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem
gently caress yes. Awakening will be in the December patch. Both characters and weapons.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Big Patch is on for Friday 15th Nevermind live now

temple fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Dec 14, 2023

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
So is that patch going to be rolled out to all platforms? Or are they still in the spot where ps4, ps5, and steam are running different versions?
I know last week they got ps5 in line with pc, but that left ps4 on its own.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem
Oh poo poo, patch is live for me. Just loaded into a new login screen. There's a blurb that says they're still waiting on Sony to approve the patch preview.

EDIT - Woo snow. New weapons are up. Looks like it's the whole patch. Awesome.

NObodyNOWHERE fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 14, 2023

temple
Jul 29, 2006

https://www.airshipsyndicate.com/wayfinder-updates/2023/12/12/eventide-patch-notes
Patch notes

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Playstation patch should be available today. The original file size was too big yesterday

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Eventide event is live. Still some bugs. Many npcs have updated graphics now.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Wooooooow they mega nerfed Dread Legion. It's absolute cake now

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Trickster gives multiple coins
New tiles, events, and ambushes
Bones are easier to farm, they drop in multiples from those detonator spawns in the deep

temple
Jul 29, 2006

2023 Fireside Chat transcript

quote:

Happy Eventidings to one and all.

Reprioritization Housing and Monetization will be taking a back-burner. This isn't to say you won't see the occasional new item, but there may be more of a lack of content for these fields. Still planning on doing new Reward Towers.

In regards to their microtransaction stance. Never pay to win. Free, fair, and fun to join in. Able to express yourself, not being too restrictive with cosmetics.

Having content feel rewarding is being focused. Pity Mechanics are being looked into. Drop Rates are being investigated. Drop Rates are looking correct on the back-end. But from the voices of the community & other empirical data, rates are seeming off. Especially for Vestiges, although this could be just bad RNG they'll be double checking the rates just to be sure.

Game Performance is currently a High Priority subject for the team. Looking into having a "legitimate" re-run system to reduce the number of loading screens. Working on getting Wayfinder fully Steam-Deck certified. Adding Pre-Caching for Shaders. FSR3 Upgrade Eventually DLSS after baseline priority is cleaned up. Connectivity Loading Times Etc.

Focusing on Community Feedback:

Raids have been bumped up because it's been highly requested. Mounts & New lost zones continue to be planned for 2024 as they're quite requested. Lots of UI and QOL systems coming down the pipe.

Airship Syndicate will be taking a (much deserved) Holiday Break for about a week. The transition of service from Digital Extremes over to Airship Syndicate is still a work in progress. There some things they still need to figure out as well, especially in terms of working with Sony. Especially with the patches sometimes lagging farther behind then they're supposed to. Not fully in control yet, still working on that. Still looking for a "Forever Home" for Wayfinder, that is to say- a new Publisher. But until then they'll continue to self-publish. There will be emergency coverage in case everything breaks! (The team is REALLY BAD at keeping themselves from working...)

Free 2 Play won't be the first half of 2024 anymore. Still pushing for 2024, but no specific date set.

"Swivel" Steve Commentary:

Two of the major holes in wayfinder right right now are...

No Endgame Content:

Raids:

Raids are going to REQUIRE 6 person parties. It's needed for Mechanics. It's going to be VERY HARD, you're currently grinding power for what? Raids will be the answer to that question. Planning to come out AFTER Archetype & Armory Level, it's going to be expected for raids. Designed so you can venture in around maybe 3 Awakenings worth of power. But it won't be REQUIRED. Skill can bridge the gap. Will drop some Cosmetics and High Level accessories. You will be able to queue for raids. Teamwork will be important. Although you won't be "required" to have certain builds, it'll help much much more than other content. Gameplay Weapons & Weapon Skins will be tied to Raids.

Mythic Hunts:

Super Hard Mode of every hunt in the game. Raises the cap of Awakening to 5, the materials for it comes from these. Coming out just before the Raids. Maybe Expeditions in the future- but Mythic Hunts only for now. Black Gloomstones will be wiped from everyone, they're only supposed to drop from here. Affinity Cap will be raised to 25 and have a 3rd affinity perk. You'll need a Black Gloomstones to reach it. Just harder, no new mechanics. Will also have cosmetic drops.

The lack of Archetype Levels & Armory Levels:

Armory Level. Armory level is going to be huge for leveling new weapons. Every time you level a weapon to 30, your armory level will go up. As your armory level goes up, every weapon you use gets stronger. Not just the ones from the same class.

Archetype Level. Leveling characters of the same archetype will give you talent points & progressively increase the stats of Wayfinders from that Archetype including things like equip level. Later on, you can spend the talent points in an Archetype tree. (Coming in Archetype v2) Talent points will be spent on a per-wayfinder basis. For example, at Warmaster Archetype Lv15 all Warmasters will have 15 points to individually spend however they want on the tree.

Misc:

Group Size increases will allow for venturing out into lost zones such as Highlands or the Expanded Frostmarch with group sizes larger than 3. Lost Zones will remain limited to 3 players though. Loadouts are something they want to get in. It's on their radar, but still a ways off. There will be ways to search for the things you want to put in your loadouts faster. (Echoes / Accessories / Etc.) This is likely referring to a UI overhaul for filtering.

Echo Overhaul:

This is a bit further out. It'll be a total rework of the system. This will be shifted to a Catalogue system instead of being individual items. Once you obtain an echo you will own it forever. Echo Quality will be based off the highest one looted. You'll be capable of upgrading Echo qualities using Memory Fragments & dust. Should RNG not be on your side. Echo Capacity costs will no longer go up as you rank up the echo. Will only be able to equip one of each echo in a loadout. Think of it similar to how Rush echoes work right now. (Weapon + Accessories + Wafinder) You no longer have to worry about sharing the same echo between multiple Wayfinders & Weapons. As you loot echoes you can't use anymore, it'll automatically convert to dust. It also slowly upgrades echoes of the same type that dropped.

"Combat" Cam Commentary:

Would you call it... (Cammentary?) Favorite Weapon in the Game? Before, Titan's Bane. Now, Windmother's Fang. (SAME!) Working on some new weapon classes & types. Starting with some new Subclasses for the weapon types that don't currently have them. (Twin Strikers / Guardian Weapons) Spears, Wands, Tridents, Gunblades, nothing is off the table in the future.

The "Awesome" Engineer Broo-kay Commentary:

Mounts Was told to "Make it like Elden Ring" Can mount Anywhere except Lost-Zones & in places you really shouldn't... like the Bar. You won't know how much you miss Mounts until you don't have them. (Can confirm! Such a QOL thing.) You used to be able to Bunny Hop on mounts. Not anymore though! Other un-mentioned Shenanigans too. Mounts are pretty, cute, adorable, and feel quite lively and pretty. (Could've used like 4 more descriptors!) Can quickly transition between mount and combat. Attacking will drop you off the mount immediately. Mounts have cosmetic saddles which are Dyable. They will NOT have Echo slots. Mounts themselves WILL NOT be dyable.

Lost Zones:

No reason for mounts in lost zones. Once you're on a mount you can realize why it doesn't work in a lost zone. (No Headroom if you ask me) Will be incentivizing the exploration portion of it. Arclight bar be calculated differently to make you want to go out and explore.

In regards to when your asked for logs. PLEASE send them in immediately after the problem occurs if possible! Only send when they're REQUESTED by the team. They should primarily be sent to Snarf or Solidage.

Sometimes networking code just causes "Black Magic" so not every bug can be found initially.

Your Favorite Wayfinder? Senja!

Speaking of Senja When you pull, you'll be able to combo immediately into a big punch!

On that note, Kyros has a mini rework in... "the works". It won't be as vast as Senja's rework but he's next up on the docket for sure. We want to make sure all of his abilities feel integrated and able to combo properly. Ironically, Kyros was the most OP character in Dev.

New Personas on their way! So much more awesome then the ones we've got so far! New Wingrave persona is awesome and was teased in the Eventide Video. (You all know the one.) No Genderswap Personas "CURRENTLY" in the works, but still possible.

New User Experience There'll be a refresher to how the story is presented. More lore will be added and streamlined.

Lead Producer Matt, known as "Matt" aka "Matt" Everyone is getting a new style slot a "Signature" slot. Shoes for Silo Belts for Niss

We love the ideas of Personas / Skins with alternate skill vfx and animations but don't have the time. "Here's the thing though, we have tech for Alternative Animations Now!" -Broo-Kay

Lead Concept Artist Virginia, works with bad-asses (You are one of those bad-asses yourself, you know.):

We take the ideas from the Community or Airship and run with them. We're tied in to how we can best serve production. Highly excited to see the new skins, weapons, gameplay content, revamps, and seeing everything get better and out into the player's hands. Wants to make Concept Art loading screens. (PLEASE!) Loading Screen Randomizer coming.

Touching on personas & styles. Right now we as a team are working hard to establish Wayfinders who they are as characters, and how the world works with them in it. I'm sure that look will expand, and we'd love to fulfil that for every player type, how they'd want to play, and that customization. It'll just be time and bandwidth. Wayfinders will be getting alternatives "base skins" themselves. They won't change the Wayfinder itself like Personas but will adjust their base look. Like Senja's base look is a little leather bikini thing. She'll be getting a base skin that's not that, it's still Senja, but it will adjust that. More parts will come down the line- like- pants for Senja instead of just skirts.

VERY SOON we'll have Wayfinder "Barks" and "Conversation" between people will be in there as well.

President Ryan:

We know the game needs new content. We had to prioritize bug fixes first. We're here with our actions, instead of our words. We're Giving it our all, and listening to you all.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

I might be looking forward to an Echo catalogue more than anything else.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Game might currently be broken on PS5 or there might be some busy server issues, r1 interactions with NPCs have about a 10% chance of triggering. The winter version of the city looks nice.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Coolness Averted posted:

Game might currently be broken on PS5 or there might be some busy server issues, r1 interactions with NPCs have about a 10% chance of triggering. The winter version of the city looks nice.

I had this issue earlier on PC but it worked itself out eventually

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’ve been putting a lot of time into this game over the past few and it’s still a lot of fun but a few things,

The echo overhaul is going to change the game a lot so I’ve essentially stopped dicking around with them and just slot what looks ok and moving on. I’m not gonna waste my time upgrading them since it seems like a lot of this is going to get thrown out the window.

I really hope they improve menu performance lol. It’s most noticeable on my steam deck but even on my main pc you can definitely feel it chug when you go into the menus. Like on the deck I’ll get a smooth 40 fps then open the character menu and it drops down to 20 lol.

Overall I’m having fun and the Christmas even is pretty cool.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I've played on and off. The whole awakening system is a grind that even I can't suffer. There's the helper coin vender and it helps. But I thought it would be more interesting.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

temple posted:

I've played on and off. The whole awakening system is a grind that even I can't suffer. There's the helper coin vender and it helps. But I thought it would be more interesting.

It seems like a system for a character you really really like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem
Yep, I won't be grinding every character, but I've been having fun getting my Niss up so far. Almost got her to 3-star now, but I stopped to level Heroic Kyros to 30 because I'm dumb as gently caress. He does look pretty bad rear end though.