Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

MarcusSA posted:

It seems like a system for a character you really really like.
:hmmyes: all of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Collecting the modifier symbol things is loving AWFUL. I'm on that quest where you repeatedly have to use 3x shadows on every loving map one after another, and every time I log in, I think about how much running in circles looking for mining points I'm going to have to do, then log back out. They really need to come up with a better/more passive system than this. Warframe's works fine because you're actually playing the game and collecting resources as a byproduct. Here, I'm either running laps around an overworld avoiding enemies entirely or rapidly logging in and out over and over to open the same chest for an hour.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

MrTheDevious posted:

Collecting the modifier symbol things is loving AWFUL. I'm on that quest where you repeatedly have to use 3x shadows on every loving map one after another, and every time I log in, I think about how much running in circles looking for mining points I'm going to have to do, then log back out. They really need to come up with a better/more passive system than this. Warframe's works fine because you're actually playing the game and collecting resources as a byproduct. Here, I'm either running laps around an overworld avoiding enemies entirely or rapidly logging in and out over and over to open the same chest for an hour.
Can't you craft them at the echo matrix? You mean the shadow imbuements?

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Yep those things. You have to farm the stupid mining points for the materials to craft them

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
The game certainly has some grindy bits, but I can't say I've ever been low on any imbuements. Seems like I'm just constantly picking up more and more running levels normally. I don't even remember the last time I had to craft any. Have you been running imbuements for every level even when not needed or something?

Try running the Eventide level a few times if you need gloom shards for crafting. All the deposits give you shards in that level, so you can get a bunch fast. It's also good for memory fragments. You can get around 1,600 to 1,700 of those per run when you get the tree event.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Discord AMA 01.06.24

quote:

Q: Punchy weapons when? -Hiro

A: Not anytime soon, we have a new weapon type well underway and it isn’t that.

quote:

Q: People have been curious how exactly Heroic Kryos will interact with the Archetype level system. -SorrowSan

A: Don’t quote me on this, also the system has changed a lot BUT. I believe he doesn’t count towards the level system. He can have the same bonuses and such but you can’t get an “extra” point w/ him. I THINK.

quote:

Q: Will the next update include the new large social area? -SilentArrow

A: No, but we’ll have am update this week on our revamped release timeline for Jan - March! Stay tuned!

quote:

Q: Should we expect most free cosmetics to come from places like the helper coin shop/event shop in the future? -Revolvable

A: We think it’s a good way to do it, we also have some new systems coming online that will have cosmetics, again look for that news this week. It’ll be pretty exciting and I hope put an end to those that are worried that we’re giving up. The team has some aggressive goals and even if something slips a week or two, there is still lots of stuff coming over the next 3 months.

quote:

Q: Is there any news about vestige and essence drop-rates being adjusted soon? -Lycii

A: We have an idea for drop rate increases, so yes. Look for the solution there in the coming weeks.

quote:

Q: What's going to happen to our remaining Eventide currencies, lures, imbuements etc. after the 12th? -veesus

Imbuements at the very least will be converted to last I heard. -SorrowSan

A: This is correct. -SolidAge

quote:

Q: Is the end goal for Seasons/Reward Towers to resume a regular scheduled cadence down the road? Or will they always be “when they’re ready” going forward? -Whendel

A: No, we’ll have a regular release of them with a character right now. They’re tired together since you get the character that way too.

quote:

Q: Will there be any kind of "daily dungeon" or "weekly dungeon" that has increased rewards? -Arctiq

A: KINDA. Jobs is our version of this system and it can include increased rewards but also exclusive rewards. Look for info later this week but it’s coming a lot sooner than some might think!

quote:

Q: Weapons balance patch when? 80% of weapons are extremally bad. -Grinch

A: Our data does not show that at all. Yes some are overturned, but we’ll be doing another pass in an upcoming hotfix to nerf a few, but mainly buff others.

quote:

Q: Will Kyros' Eventide hood be updated to show Heroic Kyros’s head when worn on him? -Slepy

A: Maybe in the future but currently not planned.

quote:

Q: You off anywhere nice? -Dave

A: Back to Austin!

quote:

Q: Will there be any way to increase Helper Coin gains in the future? -Eupnea

A: Not planned, but we’ll have a refresh every few months and even some higher tier items perhaps.

quote:

Q: If I may ask a follow up, is there a determined cadence the team is aiming for with the scheduled reward tower pace (I.e. every 90 days, 6 months, whatever it may be) or is that not determined or shareable yet? -Whendel

A: Well it was 90 days, but we adjusted that schedule once we had to pivot and publish on our own. We don’t have an update as to the new cadence but once we do we’ll share it.

quote:

Q: Hi SOLID! Do you know if there's plans to increase housing decor limits before we get Neighborhoods? (and presumably larger houses) -Deekkru

A: YES! We actually had a convo about this the other day. While I can’t promise monumental gains, as the team gets better and better at performance and optimizations we’ll be increasing it slightly. I think the next one is a small bump, but a bump none the less!

quote:

Q: Do you think jobs, daily login rewards, ect... will fill the gap in memory fragment availably? -Micks909

A: Jobs will be a great way to get memory fragments.

quote:

Q: What's your most anticipated update that will come sooner or later this next months? -Baihou

A: Probably performance. The team has done some work under the hood and we met with Epic right before the break so we’re now chugging away at some server and client fixes that make a big difference.

quote:

Q: Grendel When? -Drakhan

A: The kitty is coming! He’ll be out before the end of Q1 currently. Again things could change but we’re saving him for some of the other big things we have planned and will go into in the update that’ll come out this week.

quote:

Q: I think I can ask on behalf of everyone here. Mass echo matrix crafting when? Please say very very soon like the next update :copium: -Whendel

A: I have to check WHEN this goes in, but yes the work on it is being completed now.

quote:

Q: To me personally, the Arcanist blue orbs feel pretty bad to pick up because it breaks combat flow and doesn't feel impactful. Is there a chance we'll see any adjustments there? (Like increased pickup range or a different effect?) -Artale

A: Interesting thought, I’ll have to bring it to the team.

quote:

Q: Will Grendal, mythic, armory tree, Archtype skill-tree, mounts, and new big zone drop in ONE patch, or will we get bits here and there? -2Tapp

A: We’re well on our way of working on the new overlands zone and it’s massive. I can’t say that we’re holding Grendel BECAUSE of this, but we do want to make a splash when it comes out.

Note: Apologies for the "non-answer" above. Assume they'll come out in bits here and there.

They'll try and group them up best they can into "a big update" but won't be adverse to releasing in chunks. -Sorrow

quote:

Q: Will mounts have a stamina/riding speed system a la ESO? -Lazy

A: We have some design ideas for mount progression. They won’t be in day one though.

quote:

Q: ...Are Guild houses something you would deem interesting? -The Slunk

A: Guild homes are something we’d like to do. Neighborhoods is kinda the version of that we had planned, but as mentioned before those were put on hold for a bit while we focus on actual content.

quote:

Q: Plans for shared loot? Tired of someone in the squad getting a recipe or artifact but nothing for me. -Lazy

A: That’s not really shared loot. I assume you meant the same drops per character? Not planned right now.

quote:

Q: Will we be getting pets for outside of the home stuff? like following us during missions? purely cosmetic. -Zalm

A: The next evolution of pets is in Skylight.

quote:

Q: Your game does have some VERY competitive people. Do you have Leaderboards or Official tournaments in mind? I know my group would LOVE competing on leaderboards for hunts etc. -2Tapp

A: We plan to channel some of that for Raids as well as Mythic Hunts which will be exciting.

Little more on raids, we’re planning them to be hard, like very hard. They are designed as end game content and won’t be something you can juts waltz through.

quote:

Q: Will the raids be one big crazy fight or a gauntlet/series of fights? -Whendel

A: Currently it’s 5 fights.

quote:

Q: Are there are any plans to look over the Masteries system and make the 3 options more of a personal choice? Some are absolutely worthless in comparison with other options.

A: Masteries will be replaced totally in the coming weeks with the archetype system. Stay tuned.

Note: This doesn't mean the levels you earned for them are worthless. -Sorrow

quote:

Q: I don't want to be grumpy but mythic hunts being just a sphere 5 ain't that exciting. -Grinch

A: They aren't.

quote:

Q: Will there be VERY unique cosmetics for like "World first raids" or "Rank 1 on leaderboards". So you know people with angel wings, are the rank 1 on this specific raid, or they were world first? -2Tapp

A: I can confirm they’ll have exclusive cosmetic drops.

quote:

Q: Are the cosmetics exclusive to the world firsts/top ranks? Or exclusive to the raids? -Deekkru

A: Raids.

quote:

Q: Do you intend to make raids require a "role" to be filled up like someone building around supporting the team or just be more of a mechanically involved content where each participant is out there on his own for survival? -The Slunk

A: Yes, if you walk into these without the proper comp you won’t be successful.

quote:

Q: Is the new echo system still coming after raids and Mythics? -Lunarium

A: Yes, it’s after raids and Mythics.

quote:

Q: Will there be a Power Level limit to Raids to avoid someone queuing that may not even be level 30 or is that just fair game and punishment? -SilentArrow

A: I believe that is planned.

quote:

Q: Another question for SOLID: Do you know if there's plans to change Evenor's appearance for other seasons beyond winter? -Deekkru

A: Not being discussed right now.

quote:

Q: Can we even get the tiniest tease about the second character (looked like a new character anyway) that was shown in the December stream? The one with pink hair. -Whendel

A: Maaaaaaybeeeee.

quote:

Q: Update to the road map coming this week as well? -Necrodancer

A: Yes, the roadmap will be updated.

quote:

Q: Solid, I am going to slightly rephrase what someone else said, will have raids have an intro version for people to learn mechanics of the real one? Or just this first one? -Regulator-Zero

A: No, raids will be challenging and hard and you will die figuring them out. That’s the point!

quote:

Q: Do we have a rough ETA for the transition to UE5? -DeltaTroopa

A: I think i mentioned it before but we have plans in the next few weeks to scope this out fully so it’ll be later in the year.

quote:

Q: ...While there will be content to whet the appetite of the people who crave challenge, it will not, nor should it ever be, the primary focus. -Advarious (ShameDaddy)

A: We don’t plan on locking any critical things like vestiges or parts behind Mythics or Raids.

quote:

Q: ...Is it like people in other instances showing up in yours but not really being there? -Slowheart

A: This is a matchmaking issue we plan to address in an upcoming hotfix it’s high on our list. Same with traveling and losing each other.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Patch 0.2.3

**Daily and Weekly Jobs are now available in Skylight**
- Upon completing the main quest “Bad Omens” you will receive the Priority quest “No Better Friend” to unlock Jobs! Complete this priority quest to gain access to the Job system!
- The Job Board is available in Skylight near the Great Lift and behind Lord Halar’s Hut
- You can also find a Job Board in Lower Skylight and and in Deepwood Holt.
- All boards contain the same quests.

**Performance **
- Mouse smoothing is now OFF by default resulting in a smoother gameplay experience in the event of sudden frame drops.
- We will add this option into the settings menu in the future.

**Bug Fixes**
- Fixed an issue where the Gloom Collapse mutator wouldn’t start correctly
- Fixed a crash in the Mines during the “Bond of Blood” quest
- Fixed an issue where Signal Fires could appear inactive in the Highlands on the map
- Pages for “Restoring the Archive” will now spawn when using Greed or Solar mutators
- Reduced the frequency of the Farseer beam attack
- Fixed an issue where max gear level would display as 1 after changing echoes
- Radiant Dawn weapon ability will now properly refresh instead of stacking

temple
Jul 29, 2006

New Patch today. Mainly the performance and UI. The echo matrix can craft multiple stones now.
New UI

edit: Just realized goblins and reavers are the same enemy.

temple fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Feb 16, 2024

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Yeah, performance looks to be greatly improved in the places I’ve been. The new UI looks nice too, but there’s a really annoying bug in the echo system now. On your weapon echoes screen, it will show that some slots have been unequipped, but the echoes that were previously slotted will still count against your score total. So you probably can’t slot anything back in the empty space. The workaround is to unbind all weapon echoes then go into the selection menu and scan down the list for anything that shows it’s still equipped on that weapon. If you rebind them nd unequip again, you can clear the slots for real. You can fill all slots normally again after that.

It a really obnoxious bug and can kneecap your stats pretty bad until you take time to fix it. I didn’t notice at first and did a run in Reaver Woods. Initially I thought they had nerfed weapon damage by about half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Senja! (v2)

Pretty good rating. She's not easy but not that hard either.
What it feels like

Gladiator Pummel
Now does passable damage! Wouldn't devote a full AP build to it but it does kill regular enemies at least.
This is a subtle ability. Pummel's power is mitigating damage on demand. A fully charged punch will stagger enemies regardless of guard. Hard to land but can potentially cancel a special attack. There's a skill to knowing when to do a short one for favor or a long charge to reduce damage. With 1 ability point, the next attack hits harder.
Gain Favor
Taunts twice, buffs teammates, gains a lot of favor, aoe damage, and reduces damage. Use it on cooldown. You can move during it now.
Lighting Grasp
Probably the most useful ability for combat. With buffs flowing, pull in groups and pop them. Sometimes, the lighting will outright kill enemies.
Thunderous Glory
Very different from v1. The initial aoe will kill most gloom level enemies. Fills favor. The chain lighting is useful and lasts a while. The damage buff is significant against bosses/solo enemies too. Not quite as flashy or game changing as other abilities but comparable.

Stats: Resilience first and foremost, weapon power, whatever else. AP is an option (not the best option). Defense is important.
Weapon: Twohanders. They block, they break guard. But they do a lot of pseudo aoe damage and that's what she needs. Try Bloodsong for the heal.
Ability points: Gain Favor benefits from all 3 upgrades, especially level 2 for more mitigation. 1 point in Lighting Grasp to pull everything.
Affinity: Discipline Instinct 1 is almost required for mitigation and works for both pummel and gain favor. Focus 1 is like extra resilience. Instinct 2 is good for further pumping her damage.

I never talk about Mastery but Stalwart Momentum (Executioner, twohanders) looks really good. Heavy HItter is more useful imo because breaking stops the enemy entirely. Heavy hitter is more consistent as well. I also never talk about passives but her heal over time from showboating smoothes out damage taken. In v1, she healed between fights. Now, she lasts longer without needing breaks.

It will seem like I'm selling her. She's not a healer like Venomess or Wingrave. Doesn't have the raw damage of Silo/Kyros. But she's more like a group focused Niss. Her favor and abilities buff everyone's damage and adds up over a run. Combined with her attracting enemies from teammates. She can handle the damage too. Senja is an accelerant and fun as hell to play. We'll see when raids come out if her damage buffs are enough to make her viable.