Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Early Access released August 2023
Purchase a Founders package for early access

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj2skkYKMUw&t=50shttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDrKSanUzfo
Play Wayfinder
Airship Syndicate Discord
User Feature/Suggestion Voting
Wayfinder Guides and Database
Wayfinder Wiki
Wayfinder Reddit

Free to Play
Action MMORPG
Solo or Squads
Role-lite
Dungeons and Open World
Matchmaking, Player Housing

Wayfinder has pieces of:
WoW mythic affixes
Dark Souls dodging
Warframe modding
Gear matters. Skill matters.
Content can be played entirely solo but it's best with a squad.

The Warmasters

Wingrave: Healing tank
Senja: Damage tank

The Arcanists

Kyros: Ranged AoE
Niss: Dodge damager

The Survivalists

Venomess: DoT healer
Silo: AoE CC

Swords and shields: Primary: Sword combo (+health damage) Alt: Shield combo (+guard damage). Can block and block counter.
Twohanders: Primary: Light attack Alt: Heavy attack. Can block and shoulder charge (+guard damage). More damage than swords but worse at blocking.
Daggers: Primary: 2 hit combo Alt: Flourish. Builds damage over time, flourish can damage and grant i-frames. Can parry for even more i-frames and damage.
Ranged: Rifles, Shotguns, Snipers, no defensive ability because they are ranged. Hit random targets on enemies for bonus damage and an active reload system.
More details on weapons

The world of Evenor was attacked by a mysterious force called the Gloom. Warriors fell in battle only to be recalled from the abyss as echoes of themselves. These Wayfinders can now travel the Gloom and seek a way to stop it before the world is consumed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRkveRxb_U8

Warning: Completing the tutorial asks if you want to change your wayfinder. You will have to replay the tutorial if you do. The initial wayfinder choices are all good. Silo and Venomess are solid because melee is brutal. Wingrave is the safest melee choice of the three melee wayfinders. Standard, non special weapons can be bought for currency and used immediately without crafting materials. Try them out. Be warned that you will die in melee. Often. Quests are fine for getting established. There is no leveling meta currently. You can fast travel to a checkpoint at anytime out of combat. Don’t worry about imbuements unless for a quest. Do any other side quests and priority quests until around level 20 or Reaver Woods. Warning: Old Kite and The Curator quests are long chains and repeatable. Don’t get bogged down until you have an alt.

Dungeons and characters have a rating. The rating value is dynamic and changes with your currently equipped items. It isn’t a hard rule. You can take on dungeons above your rating with skill. The number is a good guess at how hard it should feel.

Wayfinders and weapons get levels and unlock affinities. Skills and weapon masteries are safe to upgrade. Weapon affinities are safe to invest in because they use farmable resources. Focus on upgrading one weapon at a time. Wayfinder affinities require an affinity point and cap at level 30. Once allocated, the affinity point is permanent. The devs are working on a respec system. At worst, the affinity is sub-optimal. Here’s an estimate of what you should look for:
Warmasters (Wingrave and Senja): Weapon damage, resilience, health
Arcanists (Kyros and Niss): AP, anything other than defense
Survivalists (Silo and Venomess): Weapon damage, AP

Install echoes but don’t fuse them early on. Don’t waste resources on the buff potions. Gloomstone shards are the primary resource for upgrading your character. They are plentiful. Gold is plentiful too but it tends to be spent quickly. Any other resource can be farmed. Don’t sell accessories for gold until you know what you are doing. Around level 15-20ish, your character will plateau stat and rating wise. Then, start optimizing echoes and accessories. Gloomstones are used to upgrade affinities. Use the echo matrix to make gloomstones from gloomstone shards. The early game ends at Reaver Woods. You will be free to farm or progress the rest of the main storyline.

Lost zones (dungeons) are unlocked by quests, usually in the open world. Once available, any zone can be selected at the Gloom Gate in Skylight. Dungeons are either expeditions (regular runs) or hunts (boss runs). You can solo any zone. There are only two required fights per expedition. A player can run past everything and leave without their teammates if they want. Later, you can queue as a helper and get placed into an open squad of any zone, even zones you haven’t unlocked. Your character stats are scaled based on the dungeon. Helpers earn the same rewards plus a token, redeemable for shards and keys.

Death: Players either revive each other in combat or respawn at a checkpoint. Players can revive each other indefinitely. Respawning is handled differently depending on the type of dungeon. Expeditions allow respawning at checkpoints and enemies won’t heal in most cases. Players can revive each other in hunts but can’t respawn until the squad wipes. Bosses reset after a wipe.

There’s a progress bar at the top of the screen with three chests. These are bonus rewards called Arclight. Advance the bar by killing enemies and doing events. Having players respawn will progressively lock bonus chests for that run. Revive people as much as possible. Just about anything not combat is considered an event. Even the dumbest “insert a key" interaction gives experience.

Wayfinders are crafted from Omen. Double click the wayfinder icon to see the parts and hover to see the resources required. Weapons come from Arsenal in Market Row. Standard weapons cost gold. Legendary weapons are crafted and have 20% better stats than the standard variants. Similar types of weapons are functionally the same, only with different special abilities. Crafted items take resources or special items. Most high quantity, common resources come from using imbuements to spawn them in lost zones. Dungeon difficulty increases the amount of common resources rewarded. Low quantity, rare resources come from hunts and zone events.

Of course, you can buy wayfinders and weapons with premium currency from the shop.
Note: Some of Venomess’s resources are found in the reward tower this season!

Imbuements are items found in lost zones or crafted at the echo matrix. They can be added and combined to make modifiers to the zone’s mechanics. Currently, there is no reason to use them except for quests and changing the resources found in breakable rocks and chests.

Modifiers can be combined

Wayfinders and gear have slots to equip echoes. Echoes upgrade two stats or one stat greatly. Echoes have a cost based on the power granted. The total value of installed echoes can’t exceed the item’s capacity. Echoes are dropped by enemies and each individual echo can have different rarities. The rarity determines the level. The higher the level, the more times an echo’s listed stats can be increased via fusing.

Fusion is adding echo dust and echo fragments to a base echo. Each fusion adds experience to the base echo and with enough experience, the base echo’s stats increase. The echo’s rarity determines how many levels or stat increases it can receive. Example: A common echo might be leveled three times and improve its stats portionally. A rare echo might be capable of ten levels. However, capacity cost increases with stats.

Echoes and items’ echo slots have a type. Matching an echo’s type to the slot’s type halves the echo’s capacity cost. There are special echoes called rush types. They drop from bosses. These modify core abilities, like dodging, ground slams, taking damage, etc. When fused, rush types do not get increased stats like regular echoes. Their capacity cost decreases.

Wayfinders can equip a weapon and three accessories. Weapons use the wayfinder’s weapon power, crit rating, and crit power stats. Accessories have listed stats that modify the character. Accessories come in sets with bonuses for equipping 2 and 3 items. Wayfinders and weapons get more capacity and slots as they level. Rarity determines the number of slots in accessories. The level determines the capacity. You may see many versions of the same accessory. Some accessories can be crafted by a vendor, which is useful for completing sets.

Players have the following stats:
Max health
Resilience: reduced guard damage received
Physical resistance: reduce weapon (regular attacks) from enemies
Magic resistance: reduce ability (special attacks) from enemies
Weapon power
Ability Power: increases ability numbers, not just damage but heals, etc
Crit rate: frequency of crits
Crit power: amount of extra damage from crits
Break power: increases damage to enemies’ guard

Guard is a unique mechanic to wayfinder. When players or enemies take damage, their guard value is lowered. At 0 (“guard break”), any damage will briefly stagger the character and potentially chain stun them. Guard affects players, enemies, and even bosses. Guard breaking is like a soft version of interrupt. Bosses have an “unstoppable” mechanic which allows them to proceed and perform scripted actions after a sustained guard break.

Characters heal over time when out of combat, slow at first then faster.
This interacts with poison and fire somehow to keep you alive (sometimes)
You cannot access your character screen at all in lost zones
Press F1 (PC) to see buffs
Under your health bar: Buffs are on the left, debuffs on the right. Rush echo abilities show up when off cooldown
Quests can be selected and most importantly de-selected in the quest screen to reduce clutter
Niss/Wingrave/Silo materials come from earlier lost zones than Senja/Kyros/Venomess
Crafting more of an owned buff potion increase its charges
Weapon scroll drops do not have a purpose currently
Heroic Kyros and future heroic wayfinders have slightly better stats
Physical and magical reduction stats don’t appear to have an effect on poison or fire damage. Could be so minor, it's unnoticed
No need to kill all the flora’s mushrooms unless there’s an arena. Jump over it silly!
It takes around 30+ gold piles with Greed mutators to see a substantial benefit or damage increase

temple fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Feb 20, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

How does this play with strictly a controller?

From what I've heard, its plays fine with controller. Its supposedly designed for the PS5. The shooting is basic and has a zoom. The melee is probably better on a controller to be honest.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

drat Dirty Ape posted:

You may want to make a note in the OP that this is $20 in early access with a plan to have a free to play release (just looked it up because OP says it features free to play but it doesn't yet).
I made a note. Purchasing a founders package gets early access.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

:vince:

temple
Jul 29, 2006

This is an update to be slowly phased in
Wayfinder - Inventory + Server Update - 6 September 2023

quote:

Phase 1 - Player inventories will be limited to 100 accessories and 300 echoes.

Players can sell their accessories at Venge

Players can break down echoes into “Echo Dust”. That dust is then infuse into your echoes. (The dust system is currently 1:1 meaning an echo right now that infused gives you 150xp, you’ll get 150 dust)

Phase 2 - You will only be able to access your inventory and swap weapons and characters at a Signal Fire or Skylight.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Xun posted:

Wasn't DE working on some sort of slow paced open world thingy? Is this it or something else?

https://www.soulframe.com/en

temple
Jul 29, 2006

This game is unplayable. Either its people with no business in the dungeon or its people abandoning the group to find trickster first.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

pre:
Artifact	Location	Runs
AP	        The First	52
Gold	        Maras	        70
Heal	        Twins	         9
Break           Reaver King     54
                               184 Total
I'm free.

temple fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Nov 26, 2023

temple
Jul 29, 2006

PrinnySquad posted:

I unlocked Senja and thought I'd use the helper queue to randomly pop in to places for XP.. it kept yeeting me into places I was WELL under geared for so, lesson learned I guess.
There's no point unless you want keys

The nagging issue with the game right is gold. If gold was removed from upgrades, maybe lower the thousands of shards earned, it would be better.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

koreban posted:

I’ve put far too many hours into this game and I’m finding myself going back to it consistently. The content is real light, but what’s here is very interesting and has a lot of potential to turn out great if they don’t flub it with bad monetization or the like.

Gold being the limit is only really early on. Once you can run Repository, you can greed it out and get 10-15k per solo run.

I really enjoy the feel of changing out a weapon and getting an entirely new experience out of the same Wayfinder. I’ve been focusing pretty hard on Venomess in the current “endgame”, although I’ve unlocked every Wayfinder and weapon, gotten Wingrave to 30, and maxed 6 or 7 of the weapons so far. I’m chasing down rare accessories and echoes, and hunting for blue and purple versions of echoes.

Its something can't be explained or demonstrated just how fun and different each weapon plays. I started with silo, switched to niss, then went back to silo, now playing windgrave. They all play different but punchy. Each weapon in handles situations differently while using the same mechanics.

I can see repository having a lot of gold but I never thought it was that much.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

I've been playing the hell out of this game the last couple of weeks and having a lot of fun. I've got a question for anyone who purchased a pack with a premium tower upgrade though. I've got far enough along the season unlocks that I should be able to summon Venomess this weekend, but I'm thinking I'll likely bump up to a Founder Pack with a premium pass that gives the instant unlock at some point before the season is up. My understanding is that we'll be able to upgrade characters through awakening using extra/duplicate unlock parts from the tower at some point. So I'm trying to figure out, does the premium unlock give the four parts over again if you've already unlocked her by way of the tower? If not then I'm guessing I should wait until I buy the higher tier pack before unlocking her to ensure the awakening parts are available when that finally becomes an option. Anyone got her before purchasing the upgrade?

I started off with Niss since I played a ton of Hades and figured a hit-and-run style character might tweak the same circuits in my brain. Turns out that muscle memory definitely did help right out the gate, but I had to unlearn some bad habits soon after since the stamina and dash cooldowns mean you can't spam them nearly as much. The combo system with the daggers was also an adjustment, but there's a lot more depth to it than it seems like on the surface. Very happy with it so far. Plus it's just so goddamned lovely to look at.

You don't get parts. You get either tokens or the character unlocked. I have all characters with 2 tokens to spare (1 from compensation). oh yeah, I got niss the old fashioned way.

You just get more keys with premium from my obserservation. So with the founder's pack, you can bank any parts you have for the future and buy her with a token.

temple fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Sep 16, 2023

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Mr. Pickles posted:

So like... unlocking a single weapon or wayfarer is somewhat locked behind 100s of hours of grind

Does this mean I need to upgrade the initial weapon set (vanguard)?
Its not that long. It looks daunting.
You need:
1 special item for the main "blueprint" that comes from mostly anywhere.
1 (3 total) specific drops for each part, usually from bosses.
12 special resources, from events or bosses.
Then a bunch of random high tier resources most people will already have or get in a 2-3 runs

Boss drops are a "blueprint" type part and a special resource (among other things). Usually, its farming one, maybe two bosses, and gathering resources.

Like Titan's Bane "shell":

Pristine Unstable Spectra (high tier dungeons with Chaos modifier)
Trickster's Coin (event)
Pyre's Torch (boss)
Calcified Spectra (high tier resource)
Gold

The "form" part is the same but swap Trickster for Phoenix events
The "spirit" part swaps Pyre's Torch for Dread Legion drops

temple fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Sep 22, 2023

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Next wayfinder no ETA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW0cG_gGqxg

Next patch, sometime next week

quote:

The Echo Fusion system has been overhauled. Players can now break down their Echoes into Dust. Using the Echo Dust, players can increase the Rank of their Echoes.

Increased XP gained from Boss Hunts by 3x. Increased XP gained from mini bosses in Expeditions by 1.5x

Inventory Limits: Echoes (300) and Accessories (100). Added warnings for when players are approaching either item limit. When you have reached the limit, you cannot pick up anything else until you are back under the limit. On first load of the SELL screen, equipped accessories will display on the ALL panel and can be sold without warning the player. They do not appear on the ACCESSORY panel.

Bug Fixes:
Accessories are now able to be sold at Venge’s Shop in Skylight. All acquired Accessories will be sold at their intended cost per Accessory level.
Fixed Tooth & Claw, and Epitaph displaying rifle or shotgun skins.
Kyros: Fixed an issue causing Kyros' “Siphon Radiant” Ability buff to exceed its intended value of 10%.
Venomess: Fixed an issue causing Venomess’ Soothing Vapors Affinity Perk to not function. Soothing Vapors now correctly displays visual feedback that you are healing. Fixed an issue causing Venomess' Ultimate to fire off in the wrong direction. Fixed an issue causing masteries to be locked on Venomess. Reward Tower reward emote “Kiss of Venom” will appear in the players' inventory if/when unlocked. The player will see this in their inventory when Venomess is equipped as the playable Wayfinder.

temple fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Sep 22, 2023

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Patch is live

temple fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Sep 23, 2023

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Anyone trying to 2 man Pyre is an idiot.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

The videos are terrible, I know.

Melee
Swords and shields

S&S are my favorites. Blocking doesn't cost stamina until it absorbs damage. Walk into crowds without fear. Shields get a generous block:stamina conversion. Only the strongest attacks can one shot through them. Radiant Dawn's weapon skill can block nearly anything without failing. Block countering with alt attack is fairly easy, maybe because the alt can be held. Countering with primary attack requires perfect timing. Alt attack breaks guard. Video on the complexities here. Sadly, S&S has low damage.
Block counter
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_s1unwiMAIN1xr43zx.mp4
Twohanders

Strong but slow. Weaving is cool, just switch the between primary or alt before the finisher. To learn finishers, use Commander Creed's echo. Twohanders can block but the stamina conversion is poor. Enemy combos will leak through and large hits will hurt. Using block on mild attacks like phoenix's aoe works though. They don't block counter but block+attack does a shoulder tackle that breaks guard at the cost of stamina. Not worth it. The big difference with twohanders is the weapon skill can be spammed. Momentum builds faster than any other skill builder. Epitaph and its ap buff is tailor made for Kyros. These can demolish groups of weaker enemies. Good weapons if you know when to dodge vs block.
Shoulder charge
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_s1unt3Rl2T1xr43zx.mp4
Daggers

Surprisingly powerful weapons. Four consecutive hits give a flourish pip. Empowered flourishes damage while granting invulnerability. Parrying is forgiving, parry early. It will "catch" the attack as long as its active. Sometimes, it will still grant invulnerability if late. Keep in mind when either playing Niss or using flourish that a parry follow up doesn't give any i-frames, unlike the other abilities.
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_s1uny5xkjt1xr43zx.mp4
All melee weapons have a combo counter that increases damage. S&S and twohanders build up to 2x while daggers go to 3x.

Ranged
Rifles

Rifles are the safest weapons. One button can control it. Hold primary to continuously shoot, tap to reload, tap to hit the reload sweet spot, and hold primary again to keep shooting. Pretty cool. Sometimes, a hotspot appears based on the yellow bar by the crosshair. If the bar fills, it gets a weapon charge even if you don't hit the hotspot. I don't really care for ranged in this game but some do. There is a good variety of rifle types.
One button
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_s1uo6b4QUF1xr43zx.mp4
Each weapon has stat differences and handles a bit different. Titan's bane is the best twohander. That's all I know.

temple fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Oct 1, 2023

temple
Jul 29, 2006

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

I haven't had as much trouble with the Archaic Bones, but I haven't done the grind for Kyros or Senja yet either. At least the event for the bones comes up a lot in my experience. I've done a bunch of reps in Bloodworks and the Pit doing that repeatable Kite quest for tower XP and I feel like the drill event pops up a little over 50% of the time. So I can get a pretty steady trickle of those since I tend to run those maps without matchmaking and they give a bone every time. It's the trickster coins that have been the bigger pain for me. That event seems way more rare in my experience and you may not get a coin. I did luck out and get the trrickster apartment item though, so I've picked up a few extra coins that way and that helped mitigate some of my poo poo luck doing Codex runs. Celestial Orbs comes up way too seldom too and I still do that every chance I get because I want the home item that can give. I am an absolute dumbass sucker for the home cosmetics.

Solo run undercroft straight to the 4 stair room. Abandon if it is the curator. Even you get a coin, you can abandon and keep it.

I didn't need bones but passively got them doing events. I had 12 by the time a weapon needed them. Coins are the same but I did farm undercroft a few times

Orbs can be found by checking the map layout when you load into Undercroft. Video

The hardest farm is Pyre bar none. AS said they will change it but it's bad for a number of reasons.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

October 14th (next saturday) is the protected date for the next update. Should be content. Maybe season 2.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

KYROS!

(not much on shields, idk where that came from)

What it feels like

Abilities
Savage Rake
Bread and butter skill. Hits to the left or right, then switches sides. 3rd strike (from ability points) hits center. Absolutely clears packs of enemies, even better with the heal from rank 3 ability points. Sorta awkward to aim, may want to focus at target. Mostly useful on its own. Takes a while to shine but when it does, it rocks (can say this about all his abilities).
Siphon Radiant
Decent AoE in of itself. Dread Legion rush echo can make it better. Ability points makes it :eyepop:
Arcane Focus
The single target spell. Tiny hitbox, dangerous to use in some situations as it leaves Kyros wide open. Can be used with Instinct to build up ultimate meter. Arcane Focus is good for breaking guards and popping enemies in general if a team is hitting and building its damage.
Hand of Reckoning
Supremely powerful, clears waves. Later (much later) it can clear mini-bosses and elites. Instinct can help with getting multiple uses.

Stats: AP but needs little crit rating/power and defense. Kyros isn't a glass cannon unless he's built that way.
Weapon: Any. Nothing is bad nor great on him. Epitaph is good because the weapon skill will increase AP. But epitaph has its own issues with feeling sluggish.
Ability points: Savage Rake to max. Siphon Radiant to max. Read the descriptions, it makes sense.
Affinity: Focus for the 5 shards. Then maybe Instinct for the extra ultimate meter. I was screwed out of the 5 shards but a maxed Instinct gives a lot of casts of Hand of Reckoning.

This loving guy. The last wayfinder I played and the best so far. Takes a while to feel his power but around level 20, he turns all the way up. Don't neglect weapon skill, break power, or crit stats. Criticals will melt enemies due to the many casts and wide area he hits.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Patch Oct 10th. Patch notes.

Live event: Call of the Void: Omen and Wolf need you! Strange rifts are appearing across the Highlands, and we’re calling upon your courage and curiosity to join us in unraveling its secrets. Your mission is to explore these rifts, where untold mysteries and surprises await your discovery.

New questions: The Final Score & Harbingers of Chaos: We’re introducing 2 new quests to challenge your skills. One of these quests will have you brave the fires of chaos as you confront the formidable Talon of Pyre in Harbingers of Chaos. The Final Score unlocks the fearsome Bloodbore, a weapon that has been constructed in secret within the Mines and is prepared to stop Wayfinders in their tracks!

New Boss: Bloodbore. New Weapon: Juggernaut - 2 Handed Breaker

The Trickster’s Chest event will no longer spawn. Other Trickster games (including a new one) will spawn instead in any biome.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Silence birds, charging bear. I wonder what's around the corner

gently caress you

aoe archer, aggressive af dagger guy, insta-death totem guy, hp sponge aoe witch with insta health drain homing mist

temple fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 18, 2023

temple
Jul 29, 2006

VENOMESS!

(who is the alchemist?)

What it feels like

Abilities
Transfusion
Good heal on demand. Never seen it do much damage.
Vampiric Blast
Now we're cooking. A grenade fueled by any venom clouds in its radius. Sucks up the cloud and clears most weaker enemies. Deals nice damage while also healing. Perfect for melee allies. Works like a mini potion if there are spare clouds and it's off cooldown.
Venom Thrusters
The ability that ties everything together. Lays down some clouds to get the whole shabang started. Pretty cool that it's a movement ability, really made me "get" her. Does decent damage to weaker enemies and primes the rest of her abilities.
Deep Breath
Just a bigger boom. Not impressive but good to use regardless. Works better with ability points. If this isn't a wow reference, I'm going to be mad.

Stats: AP mostly. Weapon power is nice too. There's a style where you go ap and crit power and use Focus 5 for crit rate. So, stack crit power since crit rate is free echo-wise
Weapon: Fast ranged weapons and daggers to build venom stacks. Anything will work because venom will finish off enemies.
Ability points: It depends, in a good way. Every ability gets more damage and more heals so it a matter of what you like.
Transfusion 3 for the bonus needles or Vamp Blast 2 for more damage or Thrusters 1 for the extra cloud or Deep Breath 3 for faster charging
Affinity: Another set of choices. A fair build is getting all three to 5 because the first upgrades are the best. Healer? Max Discipline. Damage? Max Focus for a damage build. Instinct is the most optional of the three.

Venomess is perfect. Kind of boring to talk about her because she's the most complete of the wayfinders. She lacks in defense but heals. Kyros does more burst damage but she is more consistent. Windgrave is easier and uses less resources to heal but hers are more effective. You can tell the devs played and made her efficient.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Season 2, the next big update is targeted for late Nov/early Dec

temple
Jul 29, 2006

WINGRAVE!

What it feels like: :nws:

Abilities
Righteous Strike
Weak ability but gets many uses when doing melee attacks.
Radiant Pulse
Really useful when used well. Most projectiles are nullified but with ability points, it gives solid healing. Don't expect to stop huge ranged attacks.
Judgement
Taunts are sus in this game but it can allow ranged allies to heal. Judgement isn't as needed when managing Wingrave's other abilities.
Divine Aegis
Easily the most useful ultimate. Teammates down, aegis. Everyone injured, aegis. Nasty enemy mash, aegis. End of the mission, gently caress it aegis. Be mindful of the windup.

Stats: Any combination of max health, physical resistance, break power, resilience. Maybe a little weapon power. Make him tough enough is all.
Weapon: Sword&shield and twohanders. His passive needs melee. Twohanders add a lot of damage to his usually weak output
Ability points: Radiant Pulse 3 and Divine Aegis 3 are good picks. Radiant pulse is crazy healing. Judgement isn't bad either.
Affinity: Imo Instinct and Focus to max. Instinct is extreme healing, Focus will help with surviving. Discipline seems weaker.

What's not to love? He's not flashy on paper but feels good in melee. His heals aren't huge like Venomess but more consistent. Aegis can save any situation. Radiant pulse is fun. He doesn't do much damage but you don't need it. Equip sword&shield and park his round rear end in front of everything. In a pinch, righteous strike and radiant pulse does a little aoe.

temple fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Oct 28, 2023

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Titan Bane was ridiculous. Juggernaut is too.

temple fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Oct 31, 2023

temple
Jul 29, 2006

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

When designing and balancing a pve game, it seems like “give more fun things, not less” is always the winning move.

Play Warframe. There is a limit to power creep and fun

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Coolness Averted posted:

I think most people who paid for early access to a game with DE's name attached would be familiar with the way warframe is balanced and feel positively about the way you can break most content with almost any weapon or character.

I haven't unlocked that weapon, but the others I have feel underwhelming, so I'd certainly err on more power creep rather than less.

Like my ideal version of the game at the moment would fully remove stamina and make most nonboss mobs as easily destroyed as a common warframe mob, you're supposed to be mythic heroes reformed from the raw energy of the universe, not children with nerf weapons and bad cardio.

Just play warframe

temple
Jul 29, 2006

There's something I left off about Righteous Strike on Wingrave. It will reduce damage while swing by 25% and 50% with one ability point. Due to the delay in healing, it will block damage then heal you for most of it afterwards. RS recharges fast and lets you stay in the thick of things if timed well. I'm mostly using twohanders on him and they can't cancel once swinging. Big attacks are timeable. Sword&shield attacks can be cancelled easily.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

quote:

Patch Notes - 0.1.10.0
* Increased XP gains from all enemies by 386%

This includes mini-bosses & bosses in expeditions and hunts

* Increased XP of the expedition completion bonus by 237%
* Increased Reward Tower XP from all repeatable sources by 325%

Opening chests, breaking resource nodes, collecting memory fragments, completing events, and completing expeditions & hunts

NOTE: We’ll revisit this Reward Tower increase in the future when the job board has been released

* Added XP multipliers to each mutator slot

10% bonus for one imbuement. 20% bonus for two imbuements. 30% bonus for three imbuements.

* Fixed an bug on the expedition/hunt completion screen that was displaying the incorrect XP gained
* Fixed a bug with Wingrave's Divine Aegis upgrade at rank 2 resulting in exponential increases in damage
* Fixed Tooth and Claw VFX being misaligned when sheathed

Wow

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Just ran hollow heart and got 3 levels on my weapon

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Silo!

(switches "easily" :airquote: between melee and ranged)

What it feels like:

Abilities
Firebomb
Bomb, fire dot.
Oil Bomb
Slows, explodes when fire bomb hits it. Nice radius. With ability points, it deals more break damage. Oil bomb gives a free fire bomb charge, so by using fire bomb first, he ends with 3 overall charges.
Proto-Clone
Taunt. Counts a free dodge so use movement buttons to control where he ends up to save on stamina. Ability points makes it do some AoE. Not worth it imo.
ARC Nemesis
Meh: the ability. It does a lot of AoE, slows, but isn't one shotting anything. It can clear waves and last long enough to kill respawns for those event types. Not bad, not great.

Stats: Mix ap and weapon power. Add crit power at 30.
Weapon: Ranged. Really hard to aim his bombs in melee but doable by locking on.
Ability points: Heavy IMO, max fire bomb and oil bomb. He gets a lot of uses of them.
Affinity: Discipline 1 gives 10% crit chance on debuffed enemies, which synergizes with his passive. Sorta similar to Venomess, its free stats that allows him to slot other stats. Going Instinct 1, Discipline 1, Focus 1 is well rounded. Focus 2 and Discipline 2 overlap, so Instinct 2 is probably a better bet. I have Discipline 2 and it's overkill on ability uses.

My first and a solid choice for a first wayfinder. Silo's abilities are generic on paper and feels that way in play. There's a finesse and gimmick free nature to him that I enjoy. Plastering enemies with fire bombs, dodging with proto-clone, and setting up a group for arc nemesis can feel good.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

AMA with SolidAge

quote:

Solid did an AMA regarding DEs Host Migration.
What changes on the player end should we expect to see/when?
What changes is actually we’ll get stuff out to you faster and be a little more lean

Is there another content update planned before Founders season 2?
This obviously impacts the entire roadmap and we’ll give an update on that soon.

Will AS look for a new publisher?
We will, but we also operated the day to day for Wayfinder so really not a ton changes for us or even you the player.

When the next open world map will shine for us, maybe S2 or S3? And will bring mounts with it?
One of the things we’re talking about is doing more faster, maybe that means even some grey box or unfinished tiles in new lost zones, only time will tell but speed will be paramount.

Since DE was handling the Feature upvote (as far as I know), will you guys be looking into a new way to let us give feedback on the game ?
Yes

What about handling the servers? You guys plan on going peer-peer?
No plans. We always handled the servers, that doesn’t change. DE handled the accounts, queue, login.

Are daggers imbalanced? Or are the other melee weapons just under-performing?
All melee is under performing. Updates coming!

Guild system possibly affected?
We’ll obviously prioritize what makes sense to put out but content we had in the hopper doesn’t just go away

Would you say season 2 is still something we can expect in late nov early dec after these recent changes?
Season two is def delayed at this point. It doesn’t mean content isn’t coming but what we’d call “season 2” is

Will we likely see 5 or more founder's seasons? Free to play imo should still be a priority
I don’t know the answer to this, we’re prioritizing getting fast content out and being bold with changes
AMA with Snarf

quote:

Affinity Respec Soon?
Might be coming sooner than we were planning b4. No promises, but it's on the more immediate docket.

How's the timeline coming for release?
Road map and timeline is more than likely adjusted. We will still be working on consistant and meaningful balances, stabilization, bug fixes and content.

What's up with the lag in matchmaking problems?
The main issues seems to be with extreme matchmaking (OCE partying with someone in USA for example) it's a tricky bit of coding, but theoretically there should be hosting in the middle ground of the two IPs. Obviously when it's half the planet away and meeting in the middle ground there can still be a bit of lag, and we can't change the laws of physics sadly. That said of there are issues with how our matchmaking is identifying/classifying QOS we will work to address it so the correct server hub is spun up and the best quality connection is established.

Wait wait, DE was slowing you guys down?
I wouldnt say that. They helped on alot of fronts we are going to need to figure out now, but things will always go slower when there are multiple checks and balances

When OCE servers?
We use AWS, and I believe they have servers we spin up out there, it's just a matter of if oce folks are trying to party with non oce folks and getting a bad hub.

Grendal delayed?
Not necessarily, all the work on him is still moving forward as intended.

Other new Wayfinders on the way still?
Yes we have lots of new wayfinders we will continually add. The cadence may change, but Ultimately we are in control of our own destiny atm and we will do what we feel is best for the game and players.

Have you ever thought about expanding the Skylight as DLC content?
Live service, you can think of seasons as free dlc, but the goal is to continually expand everything within the confines of the lore. Might even see some additions to Skylight sooner than you think.

Is there any word on the UI update that is being worked on Snarf?
We have LOTS of improvements on the dev branch, it's all about rolling them out safely and maintaining stability. Live service is like juggling chainsaws.

Snarf. Would you consider a few changes on how we obtain / craft artifacts?
We do want there to be rare and meaningful chase items. But thay said we're open to evaluating and changing everything if it's not working the way we want. Even I have yet to get a boss artifact to drop xD.

Wayfinder on Gamepass?
For the time being were looking to keep things lean with a focus on stability performance rather than expanding.

Wait so this game is not going to be available for xbox?
We don't have any plans on changing long term release goals.

XP Buff

"Clever girl"

temple fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Nov 12, 2023

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Senja has very obvious flaws and subtle strengths but she's still cool to me. I'd make her two abilities accumulate favor faster because fully charging them every 10 seconds kills the flow. Keep the charging window because it allows her to safely mitigate attacks. Her favor damage buff should get like red numbers or a visual effect just so it's noticed. Overall, she's tough and hits hard. She doesn't need a self-heal if she's showboating properly. There isn't a good reason to not give a little self-heal considering how much healing other wayfinders can dish out. And pummel feels bad with the long windup and no payoff. Mechanically, it's a mitigation move and the stagger is useful. Just too subtle.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

More doom and gloom news
https://massivelyop.com/2023/11/16/interview-wayfinder-pauses-seasons-as-it-hunts-for-a-publisher-and-rebuilds-roadmap/

quote:

MassivelyOP: It was my understanding – which may be incorrect or outdated – that Digital Extremes was not hurting for money, so why this sudden about-face when it comes to Wayfinder? Is Tencent somehow to blame? Is this really as simple as DE wanting to leave the publishing business? Why is it happening so dang abruptly?
Airship Syndicate Director of Marketing and Engagement AJ LaSaracina: I can’t speak for Digital Extremes or for Tencent. I can say that we began working on the transition plan with DE the second we were informed.

quote:

How exactly is Airship going to keep supporting the game – how much funding is it sitting on, how long can it go the way it is now, and is the company looking for a buyer or new publisher? Does DE have any hand in the running or funding of the game now? How about Tencent – might something like Tencent’s Level Infinite pick it up?
Airship right now has enough resources in both staff and funding to run the game for some time. In the meantime we’ll be talking to publishers, including some that have already expressed interest. We are confident that the terms of DE’s divestment make the game and the deal appealing to a potential partner.

quote:

Did Airship itself lose anyone, or was it all just DE folks who worked on Wayfinder publishing and infrastructure?
There have been zero layoffs at Airship.

quote:

Was the experience boost [last week] calculated with this move in mind, or was it a coincidence?
Publishers set priorities, and 3 weeks ago we went to DE and said that we wanted to switch up our focus. We believe that we needed to fix the fundamental issues with the game before we delivered more content and Founder’s Season 2 (the two content updates that did release, had been done prior to launch). DE approved this pivot.

XP was at the top of that list. Our next focus will be UI, loading, technical performance, drop rates and more. Our number one priority right now is to fortify the base of the game.

It’s important to note that the publisher has control of 1st party accounts, so in our case we are unable to update PlayStation at this time. These weekly patches will be for PC for the time being, and as soon as we’re able to update PlayStation we will. Those players will still be able to play as they normally would, but cross play will be disabled. This is entirely out of our control and we know it’s not what we advertised or envisioned for the game and we’ll update as soon as we’re able to.

quote:

Is there any kind of refund plan on deck?
As far as refunds go, that is entirely up to DE as they handle all payments.

quote:

Presuming that there’s funding for the game, how have the game’s launch plans altered? What is the prognosis for reviving the game with F2P and getting the player counts back up and into the profitable zone?
The honest and real answer here is that we don’t know. We’re putting a pause on our “season” structure and assessing our calendar. The team here agrees that just racing to F2P isn’t the answer. We are staying true to the vision of Early Access where we work with the community to fix fundamentals as well as implement meaningful changes.

But that doesn’t mean we’re not releasing content. We’ll be addressing the fundamentals mentioned previously while also releasing content along the way. Seasons were our “wrapper” of sorts. It included a new character, a themed Reward Tower, new weapons, new quests, new locations etc. Instead of waiting for a large seasonal drop, we’ll be taking those pieces of content and releasing them alongside the smaller patches + fixes we’re doing at the faster cadence. We’ll also be updating our Roadmap to be much more about what players can expect from the next patch both content wise and fix wise

quote:

I’m really worried for this game. I cannot believe a project with that much money and effort behind it is worth nothing.
The game definitely still has value. Airship is motivated (arguably more than before) to make Wayfinder a success. There is still a lot that we don’t know both about the transition as well as what the future holds but we aren’t slowing down. We’ll be hosting a community stream soon to talk directly to the community as well as give more info once we have it.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Niss!

(it's a dark souls reference)

What it feels like:

Abilities
Shadow Step
Line aoe, damages twice, counts as a dodge. Works as a dodge too. Highly recommend locking on prior to using 2 charges because she will teleport in wild directions. SS is surprisingly flexible as damage or defensive. Will wipe out non elite enemies with ap.
Umbra Aura
This is a group buff, use it around teammates and they get a charge too. Makes SS even better. Should be used on cooldown and before engaging. Better than it seems.
Vengeful Shade
A tricky but strong abilities. Grants aoe damage and invulnerability when used but has a second step. Press attack to do a another aoe for more damage but no invulnerability. Doing the second attack can and will kill her in some scenarios. Respect it. But instead of pressing attack, she can use dodge and do a cool flip after the first attack. The dodge has some range so it can save your buns.
Gloom Shroud
Really difficult to use to the fullest. This gives SS unlimited charges during its duration. It can do huge damage in the right situation, barely any, or flat out kill you. Definitely want to save umbra aura and lock on (after its triggered).

Stats: AP, weapon damage. As before, mix in some crit rating/power at high levels. She shouldn't get hit too much.
Weapon: Daggers are good because she benefits from the pure invulnerability of parries. Everything else is okay.
Ability points: No bad choices if you max an ability. Personally, I maxed SS and vengeful shade for more SS charges.
Affinity: Discipline 2 is good in general, Instinct 2 is good for abilities. Focus feels like overkill but could help teammates if the orbs grant them lingering shadows.

She's another example of "boring on paper, awesome in gameplay." Niss embodies damage as support. She changes the way fights feel because enemies die so fast. With SS and vengeful shade, she has more survivability than it seems. She is rated challenging but not that hard ultimately. The first wayfinder I max leveled because she's hella good.

temple fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Nov 20, 2023

temple
Jul 29, 2006

The respec patch is live.

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Yeah, Niss is who I started with and I absolutely love everything about the character design and how she plays. She's easily my #1 favorite. Love the hit and run playstyle. Love that she has so many "oh poo poo emergency eject" options that also do killer damage. I seriously can't wait for them to add Awakening so I can get back to leveling her again. Just everything about her is fun to me.

EDIT - Also, Niss with Tempest is ludicrously good too. She's maybe the best in the game with a shotgun because she can get right in the pocket and blast fools with impunity since she has a ton of options to avoid sudden attacks and regain distance whenever it's needed. Pretty much the only time you're ever in real danger is if everything is on cooldown and you have no stamina, so as long as you leave a couple of abilities in the tank then you're free to go nuts with offense. It's really nice to catch an Equilibrium echo for her for this reason too, although that's a great thing to pick up for any character probably.
I love her too, so much I don't play her too much so I don't get bored of her.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

There's a bunch of updates ready for the December patch but the big one is AS confirmed they will publish the game themselves. They are launching PS5 updates soon and PS4 next.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Big Patch is on for Friday 15th Nevermind live now

temple fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Dec 14, 2023

temple
Jul 29, 2006

https://www.airshipsyndicate.com/wayfinder-updates/2023/12/12/eventide-patch-notes
Patch notes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Playstation patch should be available today. The original file size was too big yesterday