Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

How does this play with strictly a controller?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pandaal posted:

70% of the I’m playing this game is because it’s designed for console so controller support is 100%.

Thanks! I’d primarily play this on my portable.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m gonna guess that spending $50 on this is probably a bad idea?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oh ok thanks! It’s listed weird on steam so I wasn’t sure.

I’ll pay the $20 as this kinda looks like my jam.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s pretty lol that the default controller configuration on the PC is for the PS5 controller.

The button prompts are totally wrong lol.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Game is pretty good on the steam deck.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I like the art as well. :shrug:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

PrinnySquad posted:

Did you have to do any special setup to get it running? The one time I tried it just locked up on the login screen.

Actually no.

I’m using pretty much everything at medium but shadows turned down a notch.

Gets a pretty stable 40 overall and looks and plays good. I don’t think a 60 fps is possible unless you really drop the settings.

For some reason the npc interaction screens drop down to 20fps (it’s not really noticeable) and once you close that it slowly creeps back up to a locked 40. It’s a little weird but not game breaking.

I am using a resolution scale of 90 and I also turned vegetation down to low but overall it’s a very stable 40.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Sep 15, 2023

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pryce posted:

I finally have had time to put into this and it's...pretty good? I'm really concerned that it seems like no one is playing this game; matchmaking appears to be empty and I rarely see anyone in town. Hopefully that's just a "oh it's super early access and I'll come back closer to launch" and not a 'it's DOA' kind of issue.

I’m hopeful that once it goes fully free it will see an uptick in players.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Have they been tuning the performance at all? It runs ok but there gets some hitches in town and stuff

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

I think they’ve done some work and have more improvements coming. The game runs pretty flawlessly for me when I’m in a randomized level or boss fight. The only places where I get consistent hiccups are in the hub area, like you said, almost always at the same exact spot approaching the gate. So I’m wondering if there’s some behind the scenes loading going on right there.

Ok great! I need to start playing more I just haven’t had time.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Coolness Averted posted:

Game might currently be broken on PS5 or there might be some busy server issues, r1 interactions with NPCs have about a 10% chance of triggering. The winter version of the city looks nice.

I had this issue earlier on PC but it worked itself out eventually

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’ve been putting a lot of time into this game over the past few and it’s still a lot of fun but a few things,

The echo overhaul is going to change the game a lot so I’ve essentially stopped dicking around with them and just slot what looks ok and moving on. I’m not gonna waste my time upgrading them since it seems like a lot of this is going to get thrown out the window.

I really hope they improve menu performance lol. It’s most noticeable on my steam deck but even on my main pc you can definitely feel it chug when you go into the menus. Like on the deck I’ll get a smooth 40 fps then open the character menu and it drops down to 20 lol.

Overall I’m having fun and the Christmas even is pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

temple posted:

I've played on and off. The whole awakening system is a grind that even I can't suffer. There's the helper coin vender and it helps. But I thought it would be more interesting.

It seems like a system for a character you really really like.