Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

It really isn't that complicated.
I unlocked Senja and thought I'd use the helper queue to randomly pop in to places for XP.. it kept yeeting me into places I was WELL under geared for so, lesson learned I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Drop rate for Wayfinder bits seems painfully low, been trying to complete Venomess for a while (albeit playing pretty casually) and I'm 2/9 for her poo poo. Also while the server has gotten a LOT better, still seeing all sorts of issues. Between stutters, rubber banding, but then also just things breaking entirely.

Server freaked out during the dodge walls bit of The First fight while I was trying to pick someone up, I die, the dude I was trying to pick up gets perma frozen in an invincible get up state, and the other dude was long dead.
https://i.imgur.com/sfWU4Ym.mp4

Farming Devourer Claws, keep getting matched with the same guy, going fine, then one run he just explodes. Maybe the dude turned on cheat engine randomly for one run or just got a miracle crit, but given all our other runs together were far more "typical", my current theory is server shenanigans.
https://i.imgur.com/kPUlBps.mp4

And just absolutely everything around the Dread Legion fight, twice I've had to abandon it because it became unwinnable due to the orb dudes not dealing enough break damage and he doesn't spawn extra so he just floated up top, invincible and forever spamming ground AoEs. Let alone the questionable fight design of platform to the next area, but don't go too fast or you outrun the boss and take a ton of damage, but also if you spawn in while the fight is in progress you're just eating a ton of damage as you try to run to wherever he's at currently.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Skippy McPants posted:

It's a known bug. If you push him out of the arena, he just dies.

They tried to patch it by putting a wall over the balcony, but you can still pull it off by making him jump backward into the kill zone. Just go in with daggers and parry him with his back to the balcony and he'll die pretty quick.

That's an even funnier answer than I could've hoped for.

In semi related news, down to just needing archaic bones and floral shards for Venomess now. Still wishing I could sell all these extra Senja summoning bits I don't need

PrinnySquad fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 11, 2023

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Honestly I mostly find the art really nice, a shame there's no turn off UI button [afaik]. Stylized and clean, but also in the vein of EA blues there's only 1 open world zone to really get the most out of it.

Randomized co-op PvE action RPG is a fun formula in general, but also on the note of EA blues, there's been a fair amount of poo poo that's been broken in my 40 some hours of game time.

https://i.imgur.com/G4348ar.mp4

PrinnySquad fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Sep 14, 2023

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Game is pretty good on the steam deck.

Did you have to do any special setup to get it running? The one time I tried it just locked up on the login screen.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Grinding Archaic Bones really fuckin sucks, so if you're getting premium, at the bare minimum getting that token out of the way would save a headache for her (but not for the others).

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Mr. Pickles posted:

So like... unlocking a single weapon or wayfarer is somewhat locked behind 100s of hours of grind

Does this mean I need to upgrade the initial weapon set (vanguard)?

Level up your starting weapon and keep progressing the story. Once you have levels and a decent starter weapon, grinding out other things becomes way less of an ordeal. You can buy the basic versions of other weapon types to try them out, but I would not say investing in them beyond an initial try out period is worth your time/money. Also, just by advancing the story, quests etc., you'll generally end up on your way to building out a few weapons without too much extra grind (if you're lucky.)

For context, I've played a chunk, but haven't gone whole hog or anything

I have a few crafted weapons

But have a bunch more I could finish off without too much trouble

Probably spent 5x as long unlocking Venomess as I did any single weapon.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

quote:

WARNING: On first load of the SELL screen, equipped accessories display on the ALL panel and can be sold without warning the player. They do not appear on the ACCESSORY panel.

That sure is a thing they pushed to live.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

24 Remnant Nexuses
8 Silo medallions

Not a single god damned Tempest Essence.

The design of the grind where you're hoping for the super rare single piece, instead of constantly building a pile of less rare bits really makes things feel far more tedious, even if the hypothetical end result took the same amount of runs to complete. Completely obliterated my corporeal form.

PrinnySquad fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Sep 25, 2023

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Mr. Pickles posted:

I decided sword&board loving sucks and purchased a Typhoon axe to grind Executioner with until I unlock my lava sword

Aint too bad at all. That L1+R1 slam dunk is certainly more enjoyable than the sword&board buff, mainly because you get to spam it, whereas the sword and board move is just always on CD

This echo works very nicely for crowd clearing with greatswords. Pretty sure I got it in one of my 50 runs at the boss in Codex Halls trying to finish Tempest.

PrinnySquad fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Sep 26, 2023

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

I hear as far as guns go, Tempest the shotgun is stupid good. But after spending far too long to unlock it, I've realized I don't really care for how guns feel in this game so I've barely used it.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Tempest was the first thing I unlocked through grinding and it was almost totally by accident, so I'm surprised that anyone had to work for it much. Drops are so luck dependent that I realize this may be completely atypical. All the components are definitely available early though. I find daggers the most fun so far, but Tempest is so strong once it's fully leveled that it's hard to go back. This has been especially the case now that I've started unlocking other characters. It's just so much easier to get early leveling done when you have a big fuckoff gun that can carry you through higher level bosses and dungeons that you shouldn't be able to get away with during the extra-squishy phase. It's a fun weapon. You get into a nice rhythm of shoot-move-shoot-move since you've got that longish pause between shots. Arcstorm is also very strong with similar feel, but better range.

About 50 runs to get the essence, everything else was a breeze.

Coolness Averted posted:

I had the opposite experience, where I wanted to like sword and board, and I did until I started hitting roadblocks and mechanics that actively stymie melee like DPS race boss fights or bosses that ignore taunt. Melee in general is way too weak in this game once you factor in how much you have to keep moving or need to have reserve stamina to escape aoes.

I predominantly use daggers and iframe through anything threatening. Cleared through all currently available content without much fuss beyond weapon agnostic boss jank.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Archaic Bones are the absolute worst thing to try and get, random event on a particular map that you get 1 out of, and anything needs'em generally wants 15.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Bones had maybe a 30-40% chance of popping in my experience, and out of the things that ask for 15 drops, it's the only in one my experienced restricted to a specific zone. Trickster can spawn wherever, Loot Goblins wherever, Bones are in certain zones and other events can override their potential spawns.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Coolness Averted posted:

Is the helper queue bugged? Or just not actually implemented? Every time I've used it, it's tossed me in an expedition or hunt that was level 20+ regardless of my level.

If it's just going to toss you into any random instance that isn't empty regardless of if you'd actually be a help I don't really think it should exist, or shouldn't unlock unless you're level 30.

Unfortunately that's "working as intended" in its current state.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

The helper queue world really benefit from some degree of power matching too. Can easily get matched into a mission where you're massively under geared and just a hindrance.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

quote:

Lowered the damage and break damage output of Titan’s Bane’s Weapon Ability. (We still want this weapon to feel powerful, this change is intended to tighten the gap between Titan’s Bane and other 2 Handed options). Additionally, Molten Cleave Weapon Ability: Base Damage reduced by 50% & Break Damage reduced by 80%

An 80% cut in break damage, welp at least I didn't finish leveling it I guess. Or maybe the other 2Hers were really just that awful?

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Good stuff. Wish they would do some retroactive adjustments with tower xp as well. I have around 200 hours of game time and I’m still at level 95 on the tower. I came on after the early queue issues too.

Yeah playing for a few hours to grind something and not get a single tower key had me giving on it just about tbh.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Doing repeat Dread Legion runs now that I can beat it pretty consistently and trying to grind Senja. I'm frequently getting multiple big item drops per run. Got a dozen or so wins. So far I've landed:

10x Optic Cortex
4x Kyros summon parts
3x Dread Legion echo
and 6+ rare accessories

Not one part for Senja. I'm losing my god damned mind. I swear the game knows.

Also, they just announced a new patch coming soon to allow Affinity respecs. So that's good news.

I spent far too much time unlocking Senja to realize I don't even like the way she plays.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Yeah, I don’t expect to be that into her at first, but the devs have said they plan to rework her since they know she has issues. I like her character design, so I’m hopeful the skill tweaks will make a difference down the line. If nothing else, unlocking her will satisfy my latent completionism.

That is, if I can ever get her drops. Got to around 25-30 Dread Legion runs in the tank last two nights and I’ve got one Senja drop.

Glad to hear she's getting a rework, as I quite like her general schtick but man it doesn't feel that great to play as it currently sits imo.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

Finally able to affinity respec my Niss, have to do a full respec in the UI, which is nbd. But it did not give me remotely close to the amount of gold back it takes to put all my points back in.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

They gave me like 2500 gold which is just a oddly low amount. The materials are put in a special reserve though so you can't use them on anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

I might be looking forward to an Echo catalogue more than anything else.