Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Xun posted:

Wasn't DE working on some sort of slow paced open world thingy? Is this it or something else?

They just put out a looooooong gameplay preview. Definitely looks like it's still Warframe under the hood but much more methodical and slower-paced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PPPNbJ3UKc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pryce
May 21, 2011
I finally have had time to put into this and it's...pretty good? I'm really concerned that it seems like no one is playing this game; matchmaking appears to be empty and I rarely see anyone in town. Hopefully that's just a "oh it's super early access and I'll come back closer to launch" and not a 'it's DOA' kind of issue.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Lots of players have leveled past the early areas now, so I think those tend to get less traffic compared to the places where people grind materials or XP.

This is probably the issue I'm experiencing, I'm guessing. I hate when games don't have a 'full random' type queue, because this game has 27 different things to queue for technically (3x3x3 in the matchmaker, right?) so until you're in endgame you won't find people. They need to incentivize high-level players to queue with low-level or else the game feels dead early on.

Pryce
May 21, 2011
Well drat this feels muuuuuuch better. Tower XP needs to get fixed (or provide some form of catchup) but leveling actually feels good now.

Pryce
May 21, 2011
I actually appreciate that they're pausing Seasons and thinking about it again. I'm surprised to hear how much was being pushed on them from DE? Publishing varies wildly from company to company but I kinda assumed they were a bit more hands-off than they actually were. Curious to see if any massive business model changes come out of this.