Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

MarcusSA posted:

How does this play with strictly a controller?

70% of the I’m playing this game is because it’s designed for console so controller support is 100%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

MarcusSA posted:

I’m gonna guess that spending $50 on this is probably a bad idea?

You can spend $20 and if you like the game (+ gain a better understanding of what you’re getting in the $50 package) you can upgrade to the $50 one by just paying the difference. As “early access pricing” goes it’s about the least predatory way to go about it.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Mr. Pickles posted:

I am playing like 1-2 dungeons a day, game can't hold my interest for much longer. Its not a bad game, aesthetics are good and combat is good but progress is bland to say the least

Its certainly a huge leap forward from Warframe though, that is for sure.

Honesty what kills it for me is the load times. I like everything about it and am not opposed at all to fighting the same boss 30 times for a crafting mat. What I am opposed to is 10 minutes of menus and load screens between every encounter.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Have to imagine they’re just finally reacting to the chorus of “I like grindy games and this is bad even for me.” The game really is good but the xp gain was just minuscule.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Honestly (if you believe AJ that is) this doesn't sound like doom and gloom at all to me. This game *is* pretty far along. It's functional, has a pretty well-designed core loop, great visuals, really satisfying combat, and the makings of what could be a promising cross-platform live service. I don't doubt there's already interest from other publishers, and if Airship actually does have the money behind it to bridge the transition to another publisher they could pull it off. Honestly with the XP buff and AJ mentioning adjustments to drop rates being on the radar, influence from a publisher *other than* Digital Extremes could be just what this game needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

omg chael crash posted:

Oh, dang. I’ve been playing on PS5 so I guess it’s time to shelve it for a long while. That’s actually a real bummer

I did overlook this part a bit. That really sucks, and I hope they can work out refunds for the console bros. It perplexes me a bit that any company does "early access" at this point of development that includes consoles with all the red tape involved in pushing out updates, and this situation (not being able to patch a platform because of a relationship with a publisher) was never even something that I was aware of before.