Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

This game looks beautiful and the base combat is enjoyable. But dang I hope they have a lot more actual content playspace for f2p launch.

Highlands zone is like one single nice WoW zone, and that's the whole explorable space of the game. And while it's nice there isn't crafting time, all rare material gathering being based on random possible events spawning in dungeons is quite brutal.

I'll probably play casually another week or two and then wait for many patches.

Edit: I play almost entirely with an Xbox controller on PC and it's great. Except a couple input bugs/omissions like if you go to world map (y) while moving cursor it will keep moving in the new map view even without input.

Also you can't preview reward tower items or zoom out camera on controller.

Chance fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Sep 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Uh yeah this game has a lot of spaces that need giant improvement. Art is not one of them. The game is beautiful and looks like top tier wow or riot art.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

It is not like Warframe at all except some surface system types. You mod weapons and characters with echos. You have set characters instead of making your own. And the majority of the game is re running procedural dungeon content to get crafting materials and blueprint drops.

But there is no player trading and the grind to get materials is long.

Procedural dungeons don't have nearly enough tiles and rare material drops are locked behind rare tiles or random event spawns so it feels very bad compared to Warframe.

In Warframe you run jackal ten times you have ten rhino blueprint parts. You might miss the one you need but it's consistent to get a drop.

In Wayfinder you might run codex halls ten times and never see the one event that can drop a halycon orb crafting material. And when you do see it you get 1.

Oh and you need 3x of any Wayfinder character blueprint part (still also three part types and a main bp so ten individual drops), not the 1 per part you would in Warframe. And again those are rare drops from bosses. Not all three from the same boss mind you.

I really like the game, it has fun action rpg combat, but it's the roughest imitation of Warframe systems as they were in their worst forms.

Oh and the mods are like Warframe a few years back when individual mods can only be on one character or item at a time so you need to farm and level many duplicates.

Edit crossplay is only PC and PlayStation. Game not out on Xbox yet

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

I don't get what the load times even represent. I have the game on a really fast nvme drive and it still feels slower than loading into open world in warframe on my switch.