Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
You would think this might be Bert Kreischer's wake up call finally... but nope..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwyKdpSS-vi/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Addictions all suck but being addicted to alcohol is pretty much the worst addiction you can have, it's more destructive to your body and your life and the lives of those around you than virtually any other drug except maybe meth or PCP which makes it weird that it's so culturally-acceptable, also it's one of a very small list of drugs that can literally kill you if you quit cold turkey so if you drink a whole lot and decide to sober up please go see a doctor about it don't decide to just quit and try to survive the DTs

If you try to quit drinking and you get DTs there's about a 15-25% chance that they will kill you if you don't seek medical help

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Sep 5, 2023

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Horrorosaurus posted:

I'm glad for you, but especially happy for your kid!

Thank you. The concert was Everclear so I was all :kimchi: when they played Father of Mine but I didn't make a big deal out of it. I'll let him know about it later. My dad was an alcoholic rear end in a top hat but I've sworn that I would be a better father than he was and so far I'm succeeding.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

deep dish peat moss posted:

Addictions all suck but being addicted to alcohol is pretty much the worst addiction you can have, it's more destructive to your body and your life and the lives of those around you than virtually any other drug except maybe meth or PCP which makes it weird that it's so culturally-acceptable, also it's one of a very small list of drugs that can literally kill you if you quit cold turkey so if you drink a whole lot and decide to sober up please go see a doctor about it don't decide to just quit and try to survive the DTs

If you try to quit drinking and you get DTs there's about a 15-25% chance that they will kill you if you don't seek medical help

I've had seizures from withdrawals. It's real.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

BeefThief posted:

now im a bereaver

there it is

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

fyallm posted:

You would think this might be Bert Kreischer's wake up call finally... but nope..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwyKdpSS-vi/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

so youre telling me bert kreischer has a drinking problem and you want him to stop?!

if he stops, thats potentially 30 more years of stand up out of him and goddamn, the world is bad enough without you putting that evil into it.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Kill alcohol, Marry burt, and Kiss your rear end goodbye

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

OldAlias posted:

oh hey it’s me. opes are a weird one tbh. outside of their addiction potential they aren’t that dangerous on their own from a physical health standpoint, what makes them most dangerous has to do with the conditions surrounding the drug, leading it to being turbo adulterated. If you could get a source for pure stuff that would never run out (like say a script) you’d likely live a long and happy life and suffer minimal consequences

Having an oxy script doesn’t mean
you aren’t still a dope fiend
with an addiction
,Bro

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I'd probably literally fight someone if they offered me drugs to get off drugs.

Thank god it's over.

Oooh barracuda

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Drukqs

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
This thread is going into too dark a place.

Smash mouth was about songs for kids movies. And egg eating.

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved
And apologizing about your penis

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

there it is

I believe

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
And toking.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Got me talking way before Willow and Tara.....

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

OldAlias posted:

oh hey it’s me. opes are a weird one tbh. outside of their addiction potential they aren’t that dangerous on their own from a physical health standpoint, what makes them most dangerous has to do with the conditions surrounding the drug, leading it to being turbo adulterated. If you could get a source for pure stuff that would never run out (like say a script) you’d likely live a long and happy life and suffer minimal consequences

My super good friend used to say this kinda poo poo and now hes dead. Another guy i knew died the first time he used heroin. What a stupid loving post.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
Guy Fieri isn't even his real name. This fella got stuck with a liar look it up

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
A guy I worked with loved to drink and take Xanax on the weekends. He'd just get super hosed up for 72 hours, then back to normal and all over again starting Friday night.

One day his girlfriend couldn't wake him up.Heart attack in his sleep. 36 years old.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hey Now

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
@fart won't even make the tweet

sad egg man will never be played by Paul Dano in a movie

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

the media men beg to diffagh

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

also I expect Neil Cic to say smthn about this

ED: oh wait. he has
https://twitter.com/neilcic/status/1698738739411914875

JAnon fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Sep 6, 2023

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Alan Smithee posted:

@fart won't even make the tweet

sad egg man will never be played by Paul Dano in a movie

a shameful @fart

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

disappointing @fart

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Hey now
At the bar now
Gonna drink some
Then die~

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Death Mouth on Smash Bed

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

JAnon posted:

also I expect Neil Cic to say smthn about this

ED: oh wait. he has
https://twitter.com/neilcic/status/1698738739411914875

Lmao that song is a pro-click

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Wait, so the Smashmouth guy wasn't Guy Fieriri?!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

William Bear posted:

Guy Fieri prepared the eggs. That wasn't a one-time thing: apparently, him and Guy Fieri were friends.

https://twitter.com/GuyFieri/status/1698758086859669982

"Brutha," fuckin lmao goddamn Guy is a turd

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

And
The beers keep coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming
and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming
and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

Orange Crush Rush posted:

So we basically watched man spiral into several alcoholism after his six month old son died from leukemia, that he never recovered from huh.
I... I don't have anything witty to say here, that's just brutally sad.

I do not know how that affected the guy but yeah trauma can be a bitch and we only had a number of miscarriages before our two children were born. I honestly don't even know how many, and could never ask my wife. I have only one recollection of that whole time, and it's not good. Not because I was drunk as gently caress, I just don't remember.

If you had some pain in the past poo poo like that can bring up things you thought were long gone. This guy had the means to get therapy but idk maybe it's not a cure for everyone. What I know is I went on a downward spiral for years and only now have realised how little I remember of that time. That's only to scratch the surface of things we lost.

With ptsd and trauma overall, there's literal physical pain for you to enjoy if things go wrong. I had no means to get therapy, and as time went on and we said goodbye to pretty much everything I chose pain killers. Years of that will not only be hosed up even if you don't realise it at first, it also sets you back because there's still everything you chose to not go through waiting for you. Not to mention the guilt.

So lmao at one goon rushing in to inform a thread of how safe oxy and others actually are. He forgot to mention that it kills not only a pain in your back, but makes you numb emotionally. Yeah you can go on like that for years if you have a prescription and yes a controlled environment makes it safer but gently caress that's some bad take right there.

Horrorosaurus fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Sep 6, 2023

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I for one woudlve simply not drank myself to death

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I was there Gandalf. Went with Tails Butthole Guy. @fart was great on stage. Mouth didn't even eat the eggs he took like two bites. That fucker Rick ate the eggs. The ostrich egg was hollow it wasn't even an option. The goth jalapeno-bacon donut chicks were a hell of a choice for window dressing.

They threw on All Star and everyone was cheering like 'yes smash mouth you are doing it, you are eating those eggs.' Just a sea of screaming single moms there to see Guy Fieri add too many peppers to heuvos that weren't even rancheros. Absolutely heinous energy in the air. Rick ate the eggs and Mouth handed out signed CDs. Tails Butthole Guy had a lovely conversation with Smash but I was just soured on the whole thing. I never listened to music ever again. Sometimes I find the CD in my basement when I'm looking for my Sega Saturn games and yell "gently caress!".

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Sep 6, 2023

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
Yeah even if you can physically not die while taking those drugs the emotional constipation of never looking at what’s loving you up is seriously bad for you and will make your quality of life absolute dogshit. Hey now!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

BeefThief posted:

Death Mouth on Smash Bed

Big if true

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

Rip. He ain't the sharpest tool and he's dead.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

this thread really brought out the edgelords huh

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

:mods: pls change thread title to Smashed Mouth will never eat the eggs.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

smoobles posted:

this thread really brought out the edgelords huh

Hey now, you're a dead guy, get buried, decay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

BeefThief posted:

Hey now, you're a dead guy, get buried, decay