Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Smashed Mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Smashed Mouth

Hey Now!

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

He’ll be chilling in the great Astro Lounge in the sky…

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.
Why is that article written like JRPG dialogue?

quote:

His substance abuse was also mentioned to us back then ... which we were told had contributed to his declining state.

It's an incredibly sad development for fans of his ... and for music lovers everywhere.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
First Jimmy Buffet and now Smash Mouth. A sad, sad time for novelty musicians the world over.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Well the drinks keep coming and they dont stop coming

Rollos
Aug 11, 2007

Hold on, won't be long

Milo and POTUS posted:

I liked all star there i said it. I was young and impressionable and we were all riding the post mambo number 5 high and looking for the next upbeat jam the time was right anybody could have done it but smash mouth? they did it and I liked it I apologize for nothing
It's a good pop song but it's just one of those songs that got overplayed WAY too much on the radio and movies and commercials.

atvrager
Jun 15, 2007
fear

Milo and POTUS posted:

I liked all star there i said it. I was young and impressionable and we were all riding the post mambo number 5 high and looking for the next upbeat jam the time was right anybody could have done it but smash mouth? they did it and I liked it I apologize for nothing

you could play mambo number 5 guy in tropico, pinnacle of gaming

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

He ate a bite of the eggs, didn't like them, then a goon got up and ate the rest

Mr rear end in a top hat celebrity chef Guy Fieri loaded the eggs with so much chile they would have been inedible for most people. This was not part of the agreement.

Thoughts and prayers.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Sounds like he was drinking almost constantly. Apparently he had cardiomyopathy from drinking as well as the alcoholic wet brain. I wonder if he ever even attempted rehab? Pretty mufh textbook death of a drinker.

The sad thing is, he had the means to get help, but rehab/recovery only works if you want it to. It could have saved him. I heard a talk from a guy who did finally recovery and he had liver disease too. I think it also takes luck at that point. He said he was wll jaundiced and would end up the hosital trying to drink hand sanitizer.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0af6Z7ELETA

quote:

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMwOvPQtUUw

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

gently caress drinking to your death sounds really hosed

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
In his soon to be honor I will share an appropriate funeral dirge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkdMMXrW7y4

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

GolfHole posted:

It's really bad and probably worse than any other drug. or maybe most

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

GolfHole posted:

Continuing to drink for a decade after getting diagnosed with cardiomyopathy, wet brain, and heart failure: not great

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Who was the singer from that emo band that got the wet brain at like 28? Yeah so before you even get to liver failure you can get permanent brain damage from drinking.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
drat that sucks.

When do you think was the last time he had a drink prior to his death-beddening?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
almost certainly not long. Hours or days. Alcohol suuuuucks. I'm glad I don't drink anymore

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

He's growing slowly numb to the boatman's nearing drum
As he contemplates Hell on his deathbed

The years start comin' and they don't stop comin'
'Cause I'm in Hell forever and that's really bummin'

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Judging by the hole in my functioning liver...

pig labeled 3
Jan 3, 2007

Animal-Mother posted:

The years start comin' and they don't stop comin'
'Cause I'm in Hell forever and that's really bummin'

But the medical man beg to differ
Judging by cirrhosis in the ultrasound picture

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

GolfHole posted:

SomeBODY once told me it's a rough way to go. :(

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

The ice he skates is gettin' pretty thin

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

BigBadSteve posted:

Mr rear end in a top hat celebrity chef Guy Fieri loaded the eggs with so much chile they would have been inedible for most people. This was not part of the agreement.

Thoughts and prayers.

Apparently Guy Fieri is nice irl

Also he’s fluent in french

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Who was the singer from that emo band that got the wet brain at like 28? Yeah so before you even get to liver failure you can get permanent brain damage from drinking.

I managed permanent damage to myself before 30. Being drunk constantly isn’t nearly as fun as it sounds.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Sounds like Sum 41

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
he should have eat the eggs

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

i liked his side project papa roach

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Shrek is hate.
Shrek is death.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

BeefThief posted:

The ice he skates is gettin' pretty thin

the liver's gettin' worn and 'cause in my life sinned...

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

the ICU he skates

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
my bloated face
alcohol diseaser

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Liver failure seems like a weird thing for a famous person to die from. I thought they could just swap those out.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Milo and POTUS posted:

Well the years stop coming

goldmine

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Devils Affricate posted:

Liver failure seems like a weird thing for a famous person to die from. I thought they could just swap those out.

Pretty sure you can't get a transplant if you're a known degenerate alcoholic. Maybe a billionaire could do it, but Smash Mouth wasn't quite that successful.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

done

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

FuriousGeorge posted:

Good night sweet prince, i'll always remember you for that Chickady China, the Chinese chicken song.

That was the Barenaked Ladies

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Devils Affricate posted:

After Papa John Phillips got the new liver and kept on drinking the celebrity organ train started derailing.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

That was the Barenaked Ladies

I saw them once at Rock Fest near Chicago. Metallica and STP were headlining so no one was sure why they were there. They almost got booed off the stage.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

That article didn’t mention us or the eggs a single time.

Shoulda been a dozen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
I'd like to post in memory of Mr. Mouth the flash game I made back in 2011 about eating the eggs

Egg Mouth by HJE-Cobra on Kongregate

Honestly kinda surprised Kongregate is still running and allows you to still play old Flash games