Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

That was the Barenaked Ladies

Portland, Maine's Favorite Band

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I am feeling insurmountable grief for the Smash Mouth man :sigh:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Should of eaten the eggs. RIP

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Happy Landfill posted:

I am feeling insurmountable grief for the Smash Mouth man :sigh:

His disrespect to the forums very own @poop will not be forgotten, even in death

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Perhaps we should all eat the eggs

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

HEY NOW!

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

somebody once told me the goons were gonna troll me
it happened once and soon i'll be deaaaad

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

HJE-Cobra posted:

I'd like to post in memory of Mr. Mouth the flash game I made back in 2011 about eating the eggs

Egg Mouth by HJE-Cobra on Kongregate

Honestly kinda surprised Kongregate is still running and allows you to still play old Flash games

i love kongregate but the death of flash really hobbled it

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Well they can't all be Lemmy, can they

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
smash mouth to the preist giving last rites: now im a belieber

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Smash Mouth death the bed.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

An urge to rise, even though dead....

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Who was the singer from that emo band that got the wet brain at like 28? Yeah so before you even get to liver failure you can get permanent brain damage from drinking.

Benjamin from The Breaking Benjamins has it but I’m not sure if he’s the guy you’re talking about

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

maybe sum 41

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

[spoilers for the movie The Mist]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4nZUEkAsw8

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Wasn’t this guy a nazi

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

rivetz posted:

Well they can't all be Lemmy, can they

This made me look it up, and Lemmy just barely made it to 70.
Which, in Lemmy years, was about 110 so good for him.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

I love you sid

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Code Jockey posted:

I love you sid

what did he do

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013
Just looked up the Constitution of Smash Mouth and in the event of his death the next highest-ranked Smash Mouther has to grow a goatee, frost his tips, and buy a bunch of bowling shirts.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

RapturesoftheDeep posted:

Just looked up the Constitution of Smash Mouth and in the event of his death the next highest-ranked Smash Mouther has to grow a goatee, frost his tips, and buy a bunch of bowling shirts.

And you don't stop you keep on keepin on you don't stop

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

*Attenboroughishly* thus, the cycle of mouth continues for another generation

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I've been calling shrek smash mouth for like 2 decades now

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Someone should have checked whether the eggs had any fetuses in them.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I managed permanent damage to myself before 30. Being drunk constantly isn’t nearly as fun as it sounds.

Alcohol is a bitch like that. I drank heavily from 20-30 and then really went balls to the walls from 30-40 before I finally pumped the brakes. I somehow managed to avoid serious permanent consequences but there's plenty of people who have died long before they got to the point I did.

It can be totally unpredictable and seemingly random how alcoholism can affect people differently.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

joke all you want but this is basically white people's 9/11

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

MrQwerty posted:

wonder if things would have gone differently if he'd eaten the eggs

They would have absorbed a significant quantity of alcohol

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sh7EN9AZCc

best smash mouth video, disregarding the weird subtitles

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

:argh: beat me to it!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

MrQwerty posted:

*Attenboroughishly* thus, the cycle of mouth continues for another generation

spared no expense on the alcohol budget

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

root beer posted:

Benjamin from The Breaking Benjamins has it but I’m not sure if he’s the guy you’re talking about

I think that's it.

And yes alcoholism is terrible. Once you're at the point of drinking all day everyday no one is having fun. Alcoholics don't really actually enjoy drinking in most cases if that makes any sense.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

this is probably my future. I’m drunk pretty much every day.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

pencilhands posted:

Go to rehab.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

rip smash mouth guy fieri. when i think of you i'll always think of 3 things. eggs, shrek, and alcoholism. pretty much those three things.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

pencilhands posted:

It's time to grow a goatee, don a bowling shirt, slick your hair back and find a cover band pencilhands

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I think that's it.

And yes alcoholism is terrible. Once you're at the point of drinking all day everyday no one is having fun. Alcoholics don't really actually enjoy drinking in most cases if that makes any sense.

Yeah, that's real. When you're in the depths of drinking, you're just doing it to avoid the withdrawal and having to deal with reality. I don't think I could ever really enjoy drinking for the rest of my life. It might feel like a brief escape but nothing like the fun I remember when I was much younger.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

pencilhands posted:

You should quit (I say as a sober alcoholic). A friend of mine died from liver failure. It took about a month after he was hospitalized before he passed. He was conscious for the first two weeks but his mental capacity progressively deteriorated. He was a brilliant scientist, but the last time I saw him he could only speak very slowly, and struggled with basic concepts.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

MrQwerty posted:

It's time to grow a goatee, don a bowling shirt, slick your hair back and find a cover band pencilhands

:smithmouth:

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

In all seriousness in the Smashmouth thread, if any of you find yourself drinking every day and can't quit on your own, you will need some kind of recovery group and probably at least detox to quit. Rehab is the best option if your insurance will cover it or you can afford it out of pocket. Don't just try to white knuckle your way through it. And don't wait until you do permanent damage or start hitting rock bottom in a social sense.

Anyway that's my PSA. Time fo check the Star Trek thread to see if there's anymore Garak posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013
Too bad he didn't follow his own advice to "put away the crack before the crack puts you away, you wanna be there when your baby's old enough to get laid" (not sure if the last lyrics are right, I could never really make them out.)