Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Looks like you already found it.

Joking aside, this was a fun challenge and I am a loser/coward for not participating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

For anyone still bookmarking this thread, I would love a critique of my entry. I think my compositions at somewhat flawed, since my #1 goal was to remain unnoticed in order to avoid offending people, but even with that I thought I’d be a shoe-in to win for exemplifying the theme

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

blue squares posted:

For anyone still bookmarking this thread, I would love a critique of my entry. I think my compositions at somewhat flawed, since my #1 goal was to remain unnoticed in order to avoid offending people, but even with that I thought I’d be a shoe-in to win for exemplifying the theme

I don’t necessarily vote based on clearest use of the theme.

For a critique: I thought it was a little overdone. I knew the story before all the images were presented. It might have been more successful with a pair rather than the whole set. Sometimes you just don’t get votes either. It’s not a big deal.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

None of the photos are particularly strong by themselves and that isn't improved when shown in a series. You've pointed out your own problem, your compositions aren't great.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
You definitely understood the assignment (and got lots of votes, so congrats). I liked it, but it just wasn't my favorite. For me, I preferred something with a little more room for the viewer to come up with the story in their head. Your series was pretty direct. I guess that's kind of what nitsuga said. Nothing struck me as necessarily bad about the photos themselves, but documentary/street is not really my wheelhouse.

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
id say first 2 photos aren't different enough to warrant both being included.

if i was presenting the same set I would ditch one of the first 2, and then crop everything that remains into the most visually engaging triptych i could find

an intense real life situation like that is a challenging thing to capture from a respectful distance, so you have to go the extra mile to make the composition pretty after the fact

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Thanks! Not sure why I decided to ask my question in such a cringey way yesterday, but I appreciate all of your thoughts!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

you're posing on SA, we all have a cringe quota to maintain

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

it's all good in the woods