Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

My VAR opinion is that they give pens for handball far too easily

Unless it's giving my team pens in which case it's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Vegetable posted:

Nah they’re still better than relying on on-field refs. People forget how poo poo they are
wrong but fast is better than wrong but slow, and maybe better than right but slow

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:

jesus WEP posted:

wrong but fast is better than wrong but slow, and maybe better than right but slow

ive come to the conclusion that fast but (possibly) wrong trumps every other option.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

if that one guy re-did his “managers as your new step dad” rankings, everyone would be a 0 next to Big Ange

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Thanks Ants posted:

Unless it's giving my team pens in which case it's good

Var is still making the same mistakes refs made because its still refs with the ultimate decision. Now just instead of watching a player run the entire length of the field just to turn around and see a flag up for a goal he was a mile onside for you just get everyone standing around gormlessly after any possible incident while they check for a blade of grass being disturbed 4 minutes previous to the goal and they still get it wrong.

Get rid of it.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Crowdsource it, let 500,000 randos tap GOAL or NO GOAL on the official You Are the VAR app of the Premier League, brought to you by Saudi Arabia

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

Eric the Mauve posted:

Crowdsource it, let 500,000 randos tap GOAL or NO GOAL on the official You Are the VAR app of the Premier League, brought to you by Saudi Arabia

agreed. we should also use socios fan tokens

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1708557583928201532

Liverpool Football Club acknowledges PGMOL’s admission of their failures last night. It is clear that the correct application of the laws of the game did not occur, resulting in sporting integrity being undermined.

We fully accept the pressures that match officials work under but these pressures are supposed to be alleviated, not exacerbated, by the existence and implementation of VAR.

It is therefore unsatisfactory that sufficient time was not afforded to allow the correct decision to be made and that there was no subsequent intervention.

That such failings have already been categorised as “significant human error” is also unacceptable. Any and all outcomes should be established only by the review and with full transparency.

This is vital for the reliability of future decision-making as it applies to all clubs with learnings being used to make improvements to processes in order to ensure this kind of situation cannot occur again.

In the meantime, we will explore the range of options available, given the clear need for escalation and resolution.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Lmao, I love AI now

https://twitter.com/brfootball/status/1708547557620691337?s=46&t=Jl91I_6B7i5oyOtlhhpf1w

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

:cripes:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Lol is that the girl from Stranger Things above Salah?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
the good news is that even if the VAR officials gets sacked they had a successful midweek audition officiating in the UAE league so they should be OK to keep making mortgage payments

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

tbp posted:

the good news is that even if the VAR officials gets sacked they had a successful midweek audition officiating in the UAE league so they should be OK to keep making mortgage payments

lmao the conspiracy is still on

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Frankston posted:

that’s just Ben Doak

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Frankston posted:

Labron’s in there too lmao

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

It's great that we've given up all the joy of being able to celebrate goals and having continuous play in exchange for the calls being blatantly hosed up by the VAR anyway.

Rogue0071 fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Oct 1, 2023

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
very cool that udogie is now receiving a shitload of racist abuse because jota's a dummy

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021

Nuclear Spoon posted:

very cool that udogie is now receiving a shitload of racist abuse because jota's a dummy

thats not cool imho

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

It’s more the interpretation of handball being “no contact ever, that ball is lava” instead of a higher standard of intent and action (ye olde ball to hand vs hand to ball guideline) being kept, IMO. VAR just lets them check more and apply the rule.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Liverpoo fans sure cry a lot

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

How long do we give them before the :okpos: wears off?

Tuesday?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Thread