Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Thanks Ants posted:

It is funny. I'd be tempted to agree with people saying that they're only six games into the season and to give it time, but they're back to playing completely different teams each week when they'd probably be better just sticking with a squad for a few games even if a couple of individuals turn out to be shitter than the bench options. Utd have a pretty tame run of PL games which could take all the pressure off ten Hag in the sack race, leaving room for Poch to step up.

Chelsea’s lineups have been pretty consistent (consistently poo poo). Gusto in for James, Caicedo in for Chukwuemeka, Chilwell in for uh…somebody (Mudryk?). Some of those being enforced by injury. Of the other outfield players I’m pretty sure Thiago Silva, Disasi, Colwill, Gallagher, Sterling, Fernandez, Jackson have started every league game. They’re poo poo but I don’t think the issue is that Pochettino is tinkering madly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

skasion posted:

Chelsea’s lineups have been pretty consistent (consistently poo poo). Gusto in for James, Caicedo in for Chukwuemeka, Chilwell in for uh…somebody (Mudryk?). Some of those being enforced by injury. Of the other outfield players I’m pretty sure Thiago Silva, Disasi, Colwill, Gallagher, Sterling, Fernandez, Jackson have started every league game. They’re poo poo but I don’t think the issue is that Pochettino is tinkering madly.

I think he was talking about Man Utd not Chelsea there.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Dudley posted:

I think he was talking about Man Utd not Chelsea there.

Nope, he's replying to this:

J Hume posted:

With Fat Frank it was funny, now it's sort of sad. The fact that I'm feeling any sympathy for Chelsea is proof that we're in the bizarro timeline.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Well then he's paying no attention because like the guy says the only stupid thing Chelsea AREN'T doing is chopping and changing.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Look I just see all the names that I have no idea who they are and assume they're rotating like mad

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Apparently FSG have sold a 100-200m stake in Liverpool to a US investment firm, and they're using the money to pay off debt leftover from Covid, stadium expansion, training ground upgrades, and past transfer spending. Making sure to send a message to everybody that Jurgen does not have 200m burning a hole in his transfer fund.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Aka “the Mbappé war chest”.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
in truly timely tottenham fashion, who never saw a good vibe they couldn't poo poo up: they're doing a crypto nonsense in 2023 lol

https://t.co/1sjEJwyJbD

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

vyelkin posted:

Apparently FSG have sold a 100-200m stake in Liverpool to a US investment firm, and they're using the money to pay off debt leftover from Covid, stadium expansion, training ground upgrades, and past transfer spending. Making sure to send a message to everybody that Jurgen does not have 200m burning a hole in his transfer fund.

Also, it's basically just some mates from FSG, according to the Athletic: "New York-based Dynasty Equity was co-founded by Jonathan M. Nelson and K. Don Cornwell last year and this is their first investment. David Ginsberg, who is vice-chairman of FSG, is also a senior advisor at Dynasty."

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Nuclear Spoon posted:

in truly timely tottenham fashion, who never saw a good vibe they couldn't poo poo up: they're doing a crypto nonsense in 2023 lol

https://t.co/1sjEJwyJbD

This is some dumb rear end poo poo

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Blinkz0rz posted:

This is some dumb rear end poo poo

The sponsorship is pretty bad too

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Is that crypto? The first 5 are free, and they are non-transferrable. Meaning there is no expectation that they will somehow become worth more. I think its more like buying gift cards than an NFT

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

blue squares posted:

Is that crypto? The first 5 are free, and they are non-transferrable. Meaning there is no expectation that they will somehow become worth more. I think its more like buying gift cards than an NFT

The ones they’re gifting are a separate tier to the ones they’re selling.

“The non-transferable free token” vs “Spurs Fan Tokens will become available to non-Members for an initial price of $2 each (approximately £1.65)”

And

“Use of free Fan Tokens does not involve using Chiliz. Chiliz - a cryptoasset on the Chiliz blockchain - would only be required for the purchase of additional Fan Tokens. There is no financial commitment on the Chiliz blockchain with gifted tokens. If you sell your Fan Token on the platform, you will be paid in Chiliz, although free tokens cannot be sold or transferred.

As Socios.com is a global app with users all around the world, Chiliz provides one single value and measurement across multiple currencies. Although the market will not have an impact on the initial $2 cost of a Spurs Fan Token, the cost of future open-market purchases may vary.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Annoyingly I can’t even do a “Spurs fans are used to swapping an asset with real world value for pretend football things like Roberto Soldado” joke because they spent the Kane money on Maddison/ Van de Ven and they’re doing quite well.

loving Ange

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
What's the exchange of spurs fan tokens to leeds fan tokens. Sensing a major arb opportunity here, follow and RT for fan token trading tips 🔥🔥🔥

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Chiliz, maybe tax fraud

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1707698055623954792

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
"As a club, we condemn acts of violence and abuse. We recognise the importance of safeguarding all those involved in this situation, and acknowledge the impact these allegations have on survivors of abuse”.

we acknowledge the impact but we don't care lmao

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Hope Antony enjoyed his normal and uneventful mid season annual leave

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

nawilo_420 posted:

"As a club, we condemn acts of violence and abuse. We recognise the importance of safeguarding all those involved in this situation, and acknowledge the impact these allegations have on survivors of abuse”.

we acknowledge the impact but we don't care lmao

safeguarding all those involved in the situation, especially the alleged abuser

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Unlike Greenwood he hasn’t been charged with anything, he’s not on remand awaiting trial. He’s engaged with the police. Coaches can pick first team players for a variety of tactical/fitness/astrological reasons, so proving constructive dismissal because he’s sat next to Maguire for the next few months is, fittingly, a non starter. First team training is a different matter though, so United saying he can train as normal is probably the legally sensible thing to do from their perspective.

Wonder if they’ve moved their legal team into Carrington full time yet or are still shuttling them in.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

the sex ghost posted:

What's the exchange of spurs fan tokens to leeds fan tokens. Sensing a major arb opportunity here, follow and RT for fan token trading tips 🔥🔥🔥

More importantly, can these be slurped?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If you have enough gas you can slurp them

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Total Meatlove posted:

Unlike Greenwood he hasn’t been charged with anything, he’s not on remand awaiting trial. He’s engaged with the police. Coaches can pick first team players for a variety of tactical/fitness/astrological reasons, so proving constructive dismissal because he’s sat next to Maguire for the next few months is, fittingly, a non starter. First team training is a different matter though, so United saying he can train as normal is probably the legally sensible thing to do from their perspective.

Wonder if they’ve moved their legal team into Carrington full time yet or are still shuttling them in.

From the wording of the statement I would fully expect Ten Hag to be picking him for games, partly because the manager likes him, but also because the other options on the right wing are pretty ropey now that Sancho is banned from the cafeteria and has to bring a packed lunch in to run round the cones on his own

But yeah, unless any charges are actually filed against him then it seems silly to keep him out indefinitely.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

FullLeatherJacket posted:

From the wording of the statement I would fully expect Ten Hag to be picking him for games, partly because the manager likes him, but also because the other options on the right wing are pretty ropey now that Sancho is banned from the cafeteria and has to bring a packed lunch in to run round the cones on his own

But yeah, unless any charges are actually filed against him then it seems silly to keep him out indefinitely.

As part of the Retro Reds series I thought it was Evans in defence, Rashford swapping to the right and Scholes on the left?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

up pops a smiling Jesper Blomqvist and so on and so on

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
My 'Antony has not been charged with sexual assault crimes so its fine to play him' shirt has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my shirt.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I see Chelsea have signed a shirt sponsorship deal with a company that's existed for all of 2 years and was already a supplier and is no way a vehicle to funnel £40m into the club and make it look like sponsorship.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Hey tbf 40m is enough to sign a 21-year-old with 18 league appearances on a 9-year contract

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Thread title also works for most referees.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

I see Chelsea have signed a shirt sponsorship deal with a company that's existed for all of 2 years and was already a supplier and is no way a vehicle to funnel £40m into the club and make it look like sponsorship.

Hell, it’s worked for Manchester City so far.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Man I thought I was going insane yesterday when the Diaz goal was ruled out for off side, and Gary Neville and the commentator were just like 'yup that's fine, what a shame'. Turns out they're both just full of poo poo I guess.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66976232

quote:

Darren England has been replaced as the fourth official for Sunday's Premier League game between Nottingham Forest and Brentford after his error as the video assistant referee during Liverpool's defeat at Tottenham.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Coward pgmol won't post the audio transcripts of their weekly 'yeah we got that one wrong and also we won't be doing anything about it and will probably do it again' calls

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The audio was “i love spurs, me”

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

VAR seems to be getting worse season after season instead of better, which is both hilarious and baffling. It feels like we’ve already had more howlers and PGMOL apologies this season than all of last.

Edit: lol alright admittedly that’s probably just bad perception on my part since it looks like PGMOL had to issue 11 (seriously?!?) apologies last season.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/soccer/news/var-apology-list-premier-league-pgmol-referee-mistakes/hhw8byssj025djuce3gbd2pp

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Oct 1, 2023

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

get rid of all of it until it works as seamlessly as the goalline tech does

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
It's just so odd when they're loving up decisions which are so simple that someone off the street would be able to get them rite right.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Continuing to gently caress up offside calls is particularly stupid, they could've just adopted the automated offside tech that was introduced at the World Cup. They use it in Italy and the decisions are fast and you get definitive images right away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

get rid of all of it until it works as seamlessly as the goalline tech does
Nah they’re still better than relying on on-field refs. People forget how poo poo they are