Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

What in the name of all that's holy is Ramsdale doing on that list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

TheRat posted:

What in the name of all that's holy is Ramsdale doing on that list

, and I say that as an Arsenal fan. Goodness.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The Finn posted:

Yashin Trophy nominees
Marc Andre Ter Stegen - Barcelona
Thibaut Courtois - Real Madrid
Mike Maignan - AC Milan
Yassine Bounou - Sevilla FC and Al-Hilal
Aaron Ramsdale- Arsenal
Emiliano Martinez - Aston Villa
Andre Onana - Manchester United and Inter Milan
Ederson - Manchester City
Brice Samba- RC Lens
Dominik Livakovic - Dinamo Zagreb and Fenerbahce

Lmao Alisson left off the GK Ballon d'Or list for reasons I can't even fathom? In all seriousness what the gently caress? Come on man what

It’s because Liverpool are poo poo, hope this helps mate.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Be that as it may, Alisson was by far the best keeper in the league last season. Martinez is there for the world cup which is fair enough.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

We all know that award is for the player who waved his arms about and shouted a bunch while the footballers in front of him won trophies

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

"Manchester United made convicted paedophile Geoff Konopka 'guest of honour' at Old Trafford and celebrated his career despite him being banned from the game: Club 'were unaware ex-women's coach got four years for offences against girls'"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12489675/Manchester-United-Geoff-Konopka-paedophile.html

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

TheRat posted:

Be that as it may, Alisson was by far the best keeper in the league last season. Martinez is there for the world cup which is fair enough.

he won nothing and conceded more than brentford but yeah

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Eau de MacGowan posted:

he won nothing and conceded more than brentford but yeah

See: bad team

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
you don't have to stop goals to be the best keeper but he is the best keeper

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

If that's the stat you want to go by, Alisson and Leno prevented by far the most expected goals compared to any other keeper in the league last season (With Alisson ahead of Leno), and Alisson offers much more in every other area than Leno.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

They should award it based on who has the best beard

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
And who’s the best header.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
PK challenge to decide the winner

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

continuing free agent David De Gea conceeded less goals than all of these men

that's not to say that he's a better goalkeeper, but all the others are definitely worse

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

TheRat posted:

If that's the stat you want to go by, Alisson and Leno prevented by far the most expected goals compared to any other keeper in the league last season (With Alisson ahead of Leno), and Alisson offers much more in every other area than Leno.

Football is played on grass mate

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

FullLeatherJacket posted:

continuing free agent David De Gea conceeded less goals than all of these men

that's not to say that he's a better goalkeeper, but all the others are definitely worse

Allisson had one of the most shaky defenses infront of him with Henderson and Fabinho on their last legs. Alli should definitely be on the list. It makes sense why De Gea isn't on it. While his shot stopping was good, he did his typical mistakes in big games like cup final and europa league. Also when United's defense is actually decent with Varane/Martinez/Shaw core and Casemiro was one of their best players.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/LucasSposito_/status/1699852796516815069?s=20

https://twitter.com/LucasSposito_/status/1699857335223542110

https://twitter.com/LucasSposito_/status/1699833140204740917

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Man Utd will give him a new deal for this

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
they have a duty of care to antony, blah blah blah, anyway now he's off on loan to lazio while man u continue to pay all his wages

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
More allegations to take very seriously.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/ESPNUK/status/1700052602145198465

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Source: Erik eleven hag

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Mark Ogden's job description is poo poo stirring. He's never had particularly good insight or access and is little better than a ragefarming youtuber.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Football is played on grass mate

Huge if true.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
With all the domestic abusers and selfish assholes, it surprise me that people say Manchester United have a weak right wing

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

hadji murad posted:

With all the domestic abusers and selfish assholes, it surprise me that people say Manchester United have a weak right wing

Lmao nice

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Was at the tribute match for Gianluca Vialli last night.

gently caress Cancer.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Dudley posted:

Was at the tribute match for Gianluca Vialli last night.

gently caress Cancer.

Seems like a good time. Glad you could go and see some goals.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Essien's especially was like being in some weird stadium shaped time machine. Especially as he seems to have forgotten that human beings are supposed to age.

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/sep/11/paul-pogba-could-face-ban-of-up-to-four-years-after-failing-drug-test-in-italy

It pains me to say something nice about anyone associated with United, but SAF was right.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Souness Knew

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
It was all the criticism from Souness that drove him to this.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
today was the deadline for squad registrations. spurs managed to just crawl to the 8-homegrown minimum with 2 academy keepers who don't get game time ever. this in addition to Lloris still being registered means 5 out of our 25 over-21 squad are goalkeepers.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The system works

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
the bus with ten hands

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Jurrien Timber listed on Arsenals 25 man squad, how quickly is he returning from an ACL? Is he being kept on roster for champions league eligibility or something? Or is the knee not as bad as initially reported?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

Jurrien Timber listed on Arsenals 25 man squad, how quickly is he returning from an ACL? Is he being kept on roster for champions league eligibility or something? Or is the knee not as bad as initially reported?

Timber wasn't included in the Champions League squad, but can be added in January for the knockout stages should we get that far / he recover to justify the inclusion. I don't think there was anybody kept out of the squad to allow him on that 25-man list -- and it's not like he's needed for homegrown purposes. Hell, Cedric still got on the list :v:

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1702330199642341410

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Looks like he’ll spend the rest of his contract being little more than a… team viewer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

not sure if they're allowed to do that. sue them jadon!