Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

So that's what that feels like

Mildly Interesting posted:

It's amazing to me that Taylor is giving you his "who are the real bad guys?!" speech at the same time that the bad guys are pouring gasoline on their own citizens(?) for no apparent reason other than to make sure you know that they are, in fact, the real bad guys. Also, I have no idea who Taylor is.

I am glad that I'm not the only one who was confused at that point, I think there's like a point being made of like "this chaos is a result of whatever" but Taylor isn't necessarily on the high ground here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
With these faces I just really want this with Modern Warfare Two 2, just to see the anime ghost stare.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Is that the one with the controversial mission?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

White Coke posted:

Is that the one with the controversial mission?

Do you have any idea how little that narrows it down.

(MW2(2022) doesn't have the No Russian mission and afaik, is an entirely new campaign)

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

Nalesh posted:

With these faces I just really want this with Modern Warfare Two 2, just to see the anime ghost stare.

Unfortunately no Hyperdimension girls but there is a Girls Frontline model mod for MW2 https://gamebanana.com/mods/308713

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

In Episode 7 we get a bit of a buff to our weapons and we kinda break things a little.

Episode 7 - Like a Potato ////// No intro/ending

Oh and here are links to just the new OP and ED, the ending credits illustrations were all done by Ginko

Mildly Interesting
Nov 24, 2012
There is no part of this video that is not absolutely ridiculous. I don't even know what to say.

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

There is no part of this video that is not absolutely ridiculous. I don't even know what to say.
It's gonna go a little deeper as it ramps up to the ending!

In Episode 8 we kinda find this frozen forest thing and see some canonical zombies

Episode 8 - Canonical Zombies ////// No intro/ending

homphgomph fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Nov 3, 2023

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

homphgomph posted:

In Episode 8 we kinda find this frozen forest thing and see some canonical zombies

Episode 8 - Canonical Zombies ////// No intro/ending

Oh hey, seems like the no intro/ending video still has those things in it?

Also, I'm not one to watch streams live (like, any stream, ever), but I wanted to say; I've been enjoying watching the VODs of your streams for a while now. I think since the Trespasser LP? I'm always up for some Trespasser. Well, I mean... maybe not always; the gap between the LP and whenever you streamed it seemed like just the right gap. The stream/s of it were good too.

Anyway, yeah; you guys are great and your streams are very funny.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I think the videos got uploaded with the wrong titles. The no opening/ending is longer than the one that says it has them, and the one that says it has them doesn't have them.

Also I'm very much enjoying the LP. Every time I wonder if there's any disrespect by making everyone anime girls the game lets me know that no, there isn't, this is more respect than the plot deserves.

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

Antistar01 posted:

Oh hey, seems like the no intro/ending video still has those things in it?

Also, I'm not one to watch streams live (like, any stream, ever), but I wanted to say; I've been enjoying watching the VODs of your streams for a while now. I think since the Trespasser LP? I'm always up for some Trespasser. Well, I mean... maybe not always; the gap between the LP and whenever you streamed it seemed like just the right gap. The stream/s of it were good too.

Anyway, yeah; you guys are great and your streams are very funny.

Hey thank you so much! That means a lot! Always wanted to keep the VODs going for this exact reason.

And yeah looks like swapped the episodes there, whoops, I fixed that up, sorry about that!

Shei-kun posted:

Also I'm very much enjoying the LP. Every time I wonder if there's any disrespect by making everyone anime girls the game lets me know that no, there isn't, this is more respect than the plot deserves.

Thank you! I'm going to be honest, we committed to the bit before I knew anything about the story. We kind of assumed a COD story wouldn't necessarily demand to be respected, just knew going into it there was no "No Russian"-esque mission, this one plays it fairly safe in that regard..

Sorry for the no update this week! I've been preparing for Extra Life, next episode will be up Monday with the usual Monday updates after that.

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

In episode 9 we take a ride into the Danger Zone™!

Episode 9 - Joe! Stop This Crazy Thing!! ////// No intro/ending

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
The inability to turn off the boosters was magical.

In the future, cyborg pilots sometimes get the zoomies.

Mildly Interesting
Nov 24, 2012
You know, this is a really good mod.

But it'd be an even better mod if the VTOLs you control were also tiny anime girls.

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

Shei-kun posted:

In the future, cyborg pilots sometimes get the zoomies.
This is what happens when you don't give Black Ops enough enrichment in their enclosure.

But it'd be an even better mod if the VTOLs you control were also tiny anime girls.
I'd also like if they changed the little rolly explode bots into anime girl heads rolling at you.

In episode 10 we (minus Jesse) parkour within our established limitations and maybe learn a little thing or two about impromptu brain surgery.

Episode 10 - Imagine Yourself In a Frozen Forest ////// No intro/ending

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
I don't think I've even really thought about the TMNT arcade game since I played it as a kid in like 1990 - but you know what, I remember that elevator fight, now that you mention it. It was probably the coolest thing I'd ever seen at the time.

I've been sitting here for a bit trying to think of something to comment on re: the actual game being LPed, but... it's CODBLOPS. Haven't had much luck.

I mean I guess it's one of the weirder COD games, at least, what with the bargain-basement Ghost in the Shell story/setting, but the bland writing really just makes me think about how much better GITS is at being GITS.

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

I forget if I said this in one of the episodes already or if I mention it later but as far as COD campaigns go it was kind of interesting to see them not just do the same modern warfare story. Beyond that happy surprise the story in this game is pretty thin and they don't dig too deep into the whole "Brain Chip" thing. It's a COD campaign so I know risk-taking isn't necessarily going to be a priority, but I feel like they could have done some more and at times I feel the campaign is a bit rushed or poorly paced at points. There's a weird thing that happens in the next episode that leaves us all very confused, it's sort of explained in the scene but we were so caught up in being like "wait what? why?" that we didn't really comprehend it.

I never once felt bad about playing this with the Neptunia girls, the anime coat of paint is precisely what it needed.

Also hell yeah that TMNT funicular/elevator part rules, that game just rules.

ginko
Mar 28, 2010

It is 100% proven to me that COD games would markedly draw a bigger audience with more digital crows. It's just facts.

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

Episode 11 where we wrap things up in a...manner

Episode 11 - Taylor

Thank you everyone for watching! The game itself is a fun co-op shooter and I'm glad to have played it with Katie and Jesse, shooting feels good and some of the set pieces were really fun. Outside of that I think the story kinda...well you'll see.

There's some zombie stuff that we recorded but I'm going to take a small break from editing with holidays stuff coming up but I'll eventually post a video or two of some of the wacky zombie things, both community-made and dipping a little into the actual maps.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Really, they should've added dinosaurs.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Very short game. Only made memorable by the addition of anime and the LPers making a running gag of the anime

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Enya in a COD game has to be the very definition of tonal whiplash.

homphgomph posted:

Also hell yeah that TMNT funicular/elevator part rules, that game just rules.

Oh, that's right - it was a funicular; automatically even better, then.

Anyway, thanks for the LP! Can't believe I forgot about the CODBLOPS game where you play as terrifying bug-eyed anime girls. What a weird decision that was.

As for which anime it's better/worse than:

Worse than: Ghost in the Shell is the obvious comparison.

Better than: Uhhhhh..... This is hard. I haven't watched anime in years. Insert whichever tedious, by-the-numbers Shonen fighting anime you can think of, I guess. Can't stand those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game
I fell behind a couple episodes, but I'm all caught up now. I about died at this part when it came up.

https://imgur.com/2kjUGaa.mp4

Always a great LP with you folks. This has been a fun ride. Your vods are solid too and every once in a blue moon I actually catch a stream.