Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
When Jerry and George were trying to think up a code word or song to sing as a warning signal, George suggests “how do you solve a problem like Maria” and Jerry suggests “lemon tree” and neither of them know wtf the other one is talking about. of course they don’t! Why didn’t they pick a normal song?? They only know weird old show tunes and folk songs??

This is in like 1993? Why didn’t they just say oh let’s sing a Pearl Jam song, or Michael Jackson or Abba or freaking Peter Gabriel?? Do they not know any regular music? You never see them listening to any music!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
And when Elaine calls into that radio show to identify the weird old big band song and wins tickets for Mr. Pitt to hold up the Woody Woodpecker balloon in the parade

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
1993 was the peak of the diarrhea song's popularity the answer was right in front of their faces the whole time like wtf

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

True then the lady would also think they had diarrhea and excused their weird behaviour. That’s a much better plan

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

why not show reference real life thing?

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

cumpantry posted:

why not show reference real life thing?

Wow you’re great at synthesizing information very succinctly. I can’t help but think in a simpler time you would do quite well writing plot summaries for tv guide :rolleyes:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I guess that lemon tree song is Peter Paul and Mary? I've never heard it outside of that small snippet that he sings.

Looking at the lyrics now why are they saying that the poor lemon tree should be sad no one will eat their fruit? Why would you want your precious fruit and seeds to be wasted being pooped into a toilet? Take that Peter Paul and Mary :smug:

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Dixville posted:

I guess that lemon tree song is Peter Paul and Mary? I've never heard it outside of that small snippet that he sings.

Looking at the lyrics now why are they saying that the poor lemon tree should be sad no one will eat their fruit? Why would you want your precious fruit and seeds to be wasted being pooped into a toilet? Take that Peter Paul and Mary :smug:

Pretty sure it's in reference to lemon stealing whores

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Larry Cum Free posted:

This is in like 1993? Why didn’t they just say oh let’s sing a Pearl Jam song, or Michael Jackson or Abba or freaking Peter Gabriel?? Do they not know any regular music? You never see them listening to any music!!

thats kids music, Jerry and George are old

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

They’re supposed to be in their 30s I think

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Coooooo-stanza

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i think they start out in their mid 30s. which ... makes me sad.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
https://i.imgur.com/bNg0oB3.mp4

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Because, gently caress you OP.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

My favourite episode was the one with the awkward social foible

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Larry Cum Free posted:

Why reference 1960s artists when you can reference 1970s artists?!?!

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

sorry you don't understand Seinfeld OP maybe you'd prefer something more lowbrow like Rick and Morty

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

Schweinhund posted:

Why reference 1960s artists when you can reference 1970s artists?!?!

They could use popular, well-known artists from the 60s and 70s :confused:

Is there an implied backstory in both George and Jerry's childhoods where they don't listen to popular music for whatever reason? Like they were forbade or some trauma? Was anyone else involved - i.e. Jack Klompus or Lloyd Braun's parents??

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
its because tv shows use public domain music so they dont have to pay any money

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I don’t remember this particular plot point op

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I don’t remember this particular plot point op

thanks

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It must be awkward to be a writer for the show and to have Jerry Seinfeld come in and say "You should write a plot where I am justified in ogling a fifteen year old's breasts."

Also whose idea was it to have a plot point where Kramer has to use an enema?

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

The show was good but it was mostly Larry David, and after Larry left the show it went downhill plus it turns out Seinfeld the real life dude is just a huge rear end in a top hat

The show was/still is insanely popular tho

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Mega64 posted:

It must be awkward to be a writer for the show and to have Jerry Seinfeld come in and say "You should write a plot where I am justified in ogling a fifteen year old's breasts."

Also whose idea was it to have a plot point where Kramer has to use an enema?

It might just be myth but allegedly almost everything that happens in the earlier seasons of Seinfeld was something that had actually happened to Larry David.

naem
May 29, 2011

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Murdstone posted:

Coooooo-stanza

Can't-stand-ya!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

I still lol at man hands lady.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Where's Mulva?

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZrCLF-sZag&t=200s

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The_Franz posted:

Where's Mulva?

Far right, third one down

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

My favourite episode was the one with the awkward social foible

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

I still lol at man hands lady.

Aka Pam from True Blood.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

the dumbass almost had Garofalo at the altar and then he threw it all away

stupid, stupid man

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

It's because there was no good music released between 1970 and 2008, OP.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

this is now the seinfeld meme thread

https://beta.memesrc.com/search/seinfeld43/pig-man

first person to post all 150 psalms wins

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Seinfold

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
Shitfuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

Also Seinfeld was 38 and his future wife was 17 when they started dating, yikes!