Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

A viking comedian named Jerry Steinfilled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Oh boy, Seinfeld! That's where I'm a viking!

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

:dudsmile:

deep dish peat moss posted:

It's because there was no good music released between 1970 and 2008, OP.

No I can think of at least 3

Larry Cum Free fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Sep 5, 2023

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

hth

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfDTCa5r46Y

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Larry Cum Free posted:

:dudsmile:

No I can think of at least 3

You're right, I forgot about the Shrek soundtracks

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Larry Cum Free posted:

When Jerry and George were trying to think up a code word or song to sing as a warning signal, George suggests “how do you solve a problem like Maria” and Jerry suggests “lemon tree” and neither of them know wtf the other one is talking about. of course they don’t! Why didn’t they pick a normal song?? They only know weird old show tunes and folk songs??

This is in like 1993? Why didn’t they just say oh let’s sing a Pearl Jam song, or Michael Jackson or Abba or freaking Peter Gabriel?? Do they not know any regular music? You never see them listening to any music!!

they are both enormous dorks, op

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Larry Cum Free posted:

They could use popular, well-known artists from the 60s and 70s :confused:

Is there an implied backstory in both George and Jerry's childhoods where they don't listen to popular music for whatever reason? Like they were forbade or some trauma? Was anyone else involved - i.e. Jack Klompus or Lloyd Braun's parents??

there’s a whole episode about desperado by the eagles

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

if i was mid 30s in 90s new york i’d probably try to catch more hip hop shows tbh

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Totally unrealistic show.
The soup nazi would have been shot the first day he tried any of that poo poo.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

git apologist posted:

there’s a whole episode about desperado by the eagles

Yeah, but that's all Puddy: a character portrayed as bizarre for enjoying classic rock and professional sports and (correctly) telling the cast that they will go to hell.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Yeah, but that's all Puddy: a character portrayed as bizarre for enjoying classic rock and professional sports and (correctly) telling the cast that they will go to hell.

Puddy isn't in The Checks.

naem
May 29, 2011

happyhippy posted:

Totally unrealistic show.
The soup nazi would have been shot the first day he tried any of that poo poo.

the soup nazi was just a standard new york resident it’s not even an exaggeration

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

i'm watching this show now

jerry calls the cops for totally unwarranted reasons. he just called 911 because he's acquainted with someone accused of a crime

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Which is the nicest Elaine hairstyle?

I like the bed hair.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Elaine is perfect regardless of hairstyle, just like george

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i didnt think herman kahn could top on thermonuclear war but with the release of on seinfeld i was happily proven wrong.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Modal Auxiliary posted:

puddy was portrayed as bizarre because he was a loving weirdo, the staring, ‘yeah that’s right’, dip for dinner, ask the 8-ball, etc

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I loving love when Puddy is sitting on the couch just staring when Kramer calls for garbage disposal installation help

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Puddy was cool and so was the crazy car mechanic played by that one Frankenstein lookin dude

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Puddy was cool and so was the crazy car mechanic played by that one Frankenstein lookin dude

Brad Garrett?

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
did you know there is an episode of Seinfeld where in the background you can see a ghost behind Jerry's bike rack??

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

sex excellence posted:

did you know there is an episode of Seinfeld where in the background you can see a ghost behind Jerry's bike rack??

Checks out!
https://youtu.be/3e-KN8j518s?si=4UnZYhTMX6gm0aBs

Wait, doesn't check out.
https://youtu.be/zfEiU98MuoE?si=gwcSBPBfNKCRh1_P

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
All of the recurring side characters represent one of the seven deadly sins.

Banya - Sloth
etc.

naem
May 29, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/Qbx4mlk.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Larry Cum Free posted:

When Jerry and George were trying to think up a code word or song to sing as a warning signal, George suggests “how do you solve a problem like Maria” and Jerry suggests “lemon tree” and neither of them know wtf the other one is talking about. of course they don’t! Why didn’t they pick a normal song?? They only know weird old show tunes and folk songs??

This is in like 1993? Why didn’t they just say oh let’s sing a Pearl Jam song, or Michael Jackson or Abba or freaking Peter Gabriel?? Do they not know any regular music? You never see them listening to any music!!

Because Jerry and George are completely detached from society. Oh sure they may interact with society through their day to day lives, but they don't understand it, because they are sociopaths, living in their own little bubble, playing their little games. Their ignorance of modern pop culture is character building OP.