Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Benne posted:

COOL
Matt Eberflus, Chicago Bears

Couple guys I’m keeping an eye on here. [...] Eberflus didn’t show much in year 1, and if the Bears (and specifically Justin Fields) don’t make a leap I’d question what he’s actually doing there.

Oh boy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I doubt the Bears, Eagles, Dolphins, Broncos, or 49ers would ever move. A few others too but thats all the thought I'm putting into it.

Not fair to lump the Bears here, since they wouldn't move because no city would want them.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Eagles almost moved to Arizona in '84 but it was stopped at the last minute due to league intervention and a re-structured lease agreement with the city for the Vet

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Probably Magic posted:

San Diego Chargers. Anaheim Angels. Seattle Thunder.

It was the Seattle Supersonics heathen.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Nervous posted:

It was the Seattle Supersonics heathen.

:thejoke:

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

a neat cape posted:

It seems hosed up that this is already year 7 in LA

If it makes you feel any better, I'll always call them the San Diego Chargers.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Let's call a spade a spade. Brandon Staley sucks poo poo and will be fired in January.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Let's call a spade a spade. Brandon Staley sucks poo poo and will be fired in January.

But will Pete Carroll??

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

D-LINK posted:

1. Green Bay Packers
2. Dallas Cowboys
3. Pittsburgh Steelers
4. ?
5. ?

The teams that own their own stadiums(NE, MIA, CAR, WASH, LAR) are pretty well guaranteed not to move I would expect, I don’t think you are going to depreciate your billion dollar assets by moving the primary tenant out and hoping it gets filled by monster truck rallies or whatever

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Washington is an interesting case though because FedEx Field is a dump in the middle of nowhere. I've seen enough from Josh Harris with the Sixers to know both of those things are not gonna fly. I'm curious as to how this is going to shake out

edit: to be clear I don't think they're leaving the DC area, but there will be lots of posturing especially when it comes to land acquisition if they want to move closer to the city

shyduck fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 11, 2023

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
you know i knew fedex field was in a weird spot but had never actually looked up exactly where so i pulled it up and turned on the satellite view and laughed very, very, hard

i love that there's a roundabout around it for some reason??? what the gently caress???

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Yep.

Took me a while, but I'm there now.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Guess we're gonna find out if Saleh gets an Zach Wilson Exception for this season.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Hard to disagree with Saleh getting a legitimate mulligan here

Ken Dorsey on the other hand… he’s falling on the sword for Buffalo but McDermott could be coming right after him

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

shyduck posted:

Washington is an interesting case though because FedEx Field is a dump in the middle of nowhere. I've seen enough from Josh Harris with the Sixers to know both of those things are not gonna fly. I'm curious as to how this is going to shake out

edit: to be clear I don't think they're leaving the DC area, but there will be lots of posturing especially when it comes to land acquisition if they want to move closer to the city

Maryland doesn't appear to have much interest in keeping them around although maybe that's changed with the sale. Last I heard was probably Nova although I'm not actively following it.

Apparently I'm really not because it was revealed over a year ago

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Sep 12, 2023

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Ornery and Hornery posted:

But will Pete Carroll??

If he keeps laying eggs like he did Sunday then I very much think thats a possibility!

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Carlosologist posted:

Ken Dorsey on the other hand… he’s falling on the sword for Buffalo but McDermott could be coming right after him

Yeah, a couple of more games like last night and you have to start considering how much longer McDermott has. Week 1, on the road, divisional rival, etc, but that was just embarrassing

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Carlosologist posted:

The way the defense played he's not going to need it.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
McDermott isn't going anywhere unless performances like that become the new normal (it is the Bills so never say never)

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Benne posted:

McDermott isn't going anywhere unless performances like that become the new normal (it is the Bills so never say never)
Yeah, McDermott definitely isn't getting the quick hook, even though the team always ends up having the same shortcomings. He would probably survive even if we missed the playoffs.

Still, last night should be setting off alarm bells about Allen's regression.

Nov 6, 2002

Carlosologist posted:

Yeah, you know the problem though. Joe Douglas deserves the blame - and to be fired - for this mess, and if he goes you have that awkward New GM/Old Coach combo.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Bills have the Raiders next week, so I presume they're gonna get healthy real quick

Also Saleh got handed a raw deal but... it's year 3, probably going into year 4 with no good plan at QB. Just cut him loose, he's done.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Yeah, you know the problem though. Joe Douglas deserves the blame - and to be fired - for this mess, and if he goes you have that awkward New GM/Old Coach combo.
Douglas has drafted well though, except for the Wilson pick at the beginning of his tenure. I imagine the Rodgers pick was in part influenced by the owner.

Kalli posted:

Also Saleh got handed a raw deal but... it's year 3, probably going into year 4 with no good plan at QB. Just cut him loose, he's done.
The QB is the GM's fault. Saleh should get some flak for hiring a bad OC/QB coach, but part of the problem there is that their original, well regarded, hire for the QB coach job died in a horrible accident.

What I am saying is that the team is better now than it was when Saleh was hired so considering some of luck here I feel like they should get some slack.

Nov 6, 2002

Douglas has drafted well though, except for the Wilson pick at the beginning of his tenure. I imagine the Rodgers pick was in part influenced by the owner.

He's now twice screwed up the most important position on the roster. How many chances does he get? Three?

, but part of the problem there is that their original, well regarded, hire for the QB coach job died in a horrible accident.

Jesus christ I forgot about this. Jets are cursed.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Kurgarra Queen posted:

Yeah, McDermott definitely isn't getting the quick hook, even though the team always ends up having the same shortcomings. He would probably survive even if we missed the playoffs.

Still, last night should be setting off alarm bells about Allen's regression.

I want to know how much is Dorsey and how much is Allen—when they stuck with the short game they were doing fine, Allen completed like 80% of his passes under 10 yards and was moving the ball, then out of nowhere they just abandon that and start chucking it downfield where the Jets were actually placing their DBs. Is Dorsey telling him to do that, or is he just panicking and doing it himself? If it’s Josh, can you even coach that out of him at this point? He’s in his sixth year for gently caress’s sake and he had an entire half of a season+ where that wasn’t working out for him

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kalli posted:

Are you saying that’s what the jets will do or what the jets should do?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Saleh gets fired, joins Derek Carr in New Orleans, Saints are immediately good.

Alternatively, Bill has to retire for health reasons, Saleh resigns as HC of NYJ and heads north

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Are you saying that’s what the jets will do or what the jets should do?

I'm saying the odds of Saleh succeeding at this point are astronomically low.

Like say, the Jets end up where they were last year, 7-10 due to Zach Wilson sucking poo poo and they decide to keep him. He'll be going into year 4 hoping for a rehabbing Rodgers or <mystery box> on a team down a bunch of draft capital and huge cap problems unless Rodgers retires

Yes more teams should be the Steelers and weather the storm, but the odds of this working out are bad bad bad. Not Saleh's fault, but still should just go be a good coordinator for a few years and get a 2nd shot somewhere else.

Nov 6, 2002

Actually I would say Douglas screwed up the QB position three times already. They saw how goddamn awful Wilson was in 2021, and went into 2022 with Joe Flacco as QB2.

This whole saga is just more evidence that cutting bait on your failed blue chip QB is the way to go.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

The QB is the GM's fault. Saleh should get some flak for hiring a bad OC/QB coach, but part of the problem there is that their original, well regarded, hire for the QB coach job died in a horrible accident.

What I am saying is that the team is better now than it was when Saleh was hired so considering some of luck here I feel like they should get some slack.

Good lord! I missed this when it happened.. thats so hosed up

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Kalli posted:

I'm saying the odds of Saleh succeeding at this point are astronomically low.

Like say, the Jets end up where they were last year, 7-10 due to Zach Wilson sucking poo poo and they decide to keep him. He'll be going into year 4 hoping for a rehabbing Rodgers or <mystery box> on a team down a bunch of draft capital and huge cap problems unless Rodgers retires

Yes more teams should be the Steelers and weather the storm, but the odds of this working out are bad bad bad. Not Saleh's fault, but still should just go be a good coordinator for a few years and get a 2nd shot somewhere else.

Unless a clearly superior coaching candidate wants to inherit that sort of mess, then why can Saleh? Are you selling off Sauce & co and tanking? If not, then why dump the coach that has worked well on that side of the ball?

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Sheen Sheen posted:

I want to know how much is Dorsey and how much is Allen—when they stuck with the short game they were doing fine, Allen completed like 80% of his passes under 10 yards and was moving the ball, then out of nowhere they just abandon that and start chucking it downfield where the Jets were actually placing their DBs. Is Dorsey telling him to do that, or is he just panicking and doing it himself? If it’s Josh, can you even coach that out of him at this point? He’s in his sixth year for gently caress’s sake and he had an entire half of a season+ where that wasn’t working out for him
Even if it’s Josh being a loving idiot, it’s still the coaching staff’s job to get through to him. And it seems they’re…not.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Douglas has hosed up both QB and Offensive line year after year here ntm got horribly ripped off in the Rodgers trade. He 100% deserves to be fired. It's not even a question.

There is no way Woody Johnson would be able to hire anyone better though.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

If selah gets fired bring him in to coach as DC in Seattle during Pete's last year and then have him be the HC. I'm a big believer that Zach Wilson sucks and no coach can be good with him and I think Saleh is actually pretty good

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I would keep both Douglas and Saleh. The roster as a whole is 10000% better than what was inherited from the Maccagnan/Gase era. It’s not even arguable. I think they have the best roster in the division outside of QB.

Yeah they whiffed on the drafted QB. So did everyone else. Trevor is the only in that class worth a drat they didn’t have the opportunity to take him. They took a swing at an all-time great QB and it took a blood curse for that to fail.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

kalensc posted:

Unless a clearly superior coaching candidate wants to inherit that sort of mess, then why can Saleh? Are you selling off Sauce & co and tanking? If not, then why dump the coach that has worked well on that side of the ball?

Why would they sell off their best players and tank? I’m sure the next DC would appreciate having great players to work with and maybe the next coach and GM can do something about the terribly mismanaged QB and OL situations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Diva Cupcake posted:

They took a swing at an all-time great QB and it took a blood curse for that to fail.

He was nearly 40 and spent most of last year injured, him getting hurt in some way was hardly a long shot.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

I would keep both Douglas and Saleh. The roster as a whole is 10000% better than what was inherited from the Maccagnan/Gase era. It’s not even arguable. I think they have the best roster in the division outside of QB.

Yeah they whiffed on the drafted QB. So did everyone else. Trevor is the only in that class worth a drat they didn’t have the opportunity to take him. They took a swing at an all-time great QB and it took a blood curse for that to fail.

Douglas hosed up both QB and OL every year he's been here. That is friable.

That being said, I have no faith in them hiring anyone better.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I only feel bad for Dalvin Cook. But yeah, I don't think you can move on from Saleh because of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
If you were going to build a new stadium in DC where would be the best practical location. The Nats did a decent job finding a spot, not sure if you can fit a second stadium. Ultimate joke answer: fit a team in the pentagon courtyard.