Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Saleh is exactly the kind of coach the Steelers would give a lifetime job to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Rich billionaire owners are the reason teams move in the first place, since they like to pit cities against each other to get public money to build new stadiums to hold non-football events to get even richer. The league generally begrudgingly accepts moves, rather than pushes for them. Green Bay is one of the top 5 least likely teams to ever move, for historical and economic reasons.

1. Green Bay Packers
2. Dallas Cowboys
3. Pittsburgh Steelers
4. ?
5. ?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I doubt the Bears, Eagles, Dolphins, Broncos, or 49ers would ever move. A few others too but thats all the thought I'm putting into it.

Those are great answers. They already moved the 9ers to Santa Clara tho. I got tripped up on the Giants for the same reason

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

They're still the San Fran 49ers though. Bears might move to a suburb but they're still the Chicago Bears. I guess it depends on your definition of "move". I was thinking along the lines of "Bears leave Chicago (area) for St. Louis" or "49ers leave SF (area) for San Diego" rather than "move down the highway to a more economical somewhere they get government money and/or cheaper land for a new stadium".

The city of Pittsburgh would be smoldering ash if the Steelers ever left the North shore at the confluence. The distance between old 3 Rivers Stadium and Heinz Field is like... a large parking lot?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I hate the Steelers offensive coordinator more than I hated Todd Haley. This mfer called another 4th and 1 pass, but this time his QB got hurt

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Would be really hosed up if he got promoted and assigned to work even more closely on special projects with the QB

That was fake news, as it turns out. He still should be fired

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1708921301770047563?t=ThROcPLsUXl9g5KOsQcWRg&s=01

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Shinji2015 posted:

If they fire Canada Tomlin should be fine.

If he keeps doubling down on him for another season, then maybe. But even now I think Tomlin is pretty safe

Canada's contract is up at the end of the season, so it's a virtual lock that he will be retained until then, barring another catastrophic offensive performance this week

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

The following week is the Steelers' BYE, so if something less than ultra patient is ever going to happen in Steelers HQ, it will be then

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Never Had A Losing Season Mike Tomlin under assault by local media today. Upgrade his seat to mildly warm

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

a patagonian cavy posted:

imagine being so brainless as to believe mike tomlin’s seat is warm in the slightest

If anything, Art Rooney will do that thing he did multiple times to Cowher, makes him replace his entire staff. I would be completely shocked if Tomlin himself got fired

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I've never seen a Steelers HC lose a locker room before in my entire fandom. I am not as sure Tomlin will still be the Steelers HC next season. It was unimaginable even a month ago, but the player effort yesterday finally caught up to Tomlin's long run of hiring subpar assistants

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

a neat cape posted:

LA would welcome him

I'd hate to see him go, but I am not sure he'll survive this. Like I said, I've never seen a player effort game like yesterday in 30 years of watching

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Benne posted:

lmao he's not even close to warm. Y'all are more reactionary than Steelers fans.

I suspect the ownership group will demand that he clean house of his staff, like they did to Cowher twice in his tenure.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

mcmagic posted:

The duality of Tomlin is that his staff and his QB's are complete dogshit every year and he still wins 10 games every year lol

Enh, 8 or 9 moreso than 10

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Last week was so personally embarrassing to Tomlin that he put it to the Bengals. He'll never get fired this way

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

NBC just said Tomlin's getting extended

They can't let him go into a lame duck year, and they haven't tried the thing where they make him cleanout his entire staff yet like the did to Cowher twice, so this seems in character for the Rooneys

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Mike Vrabel is not part of the Belichick tree.

Also the takeaway from those stats is that it's really hard to win in the NFL if you don't have a QB.

Yeah, he was drafted by Cowher

OneMoreTime posted:

NFC's Mike Tomlin got sort of fired, real Mike Tomlin watch out

Rumors are Tomlin may take a coaching break, but the Steelers will never fire him. Especially after the last 3 games coming on the heels of a near total meltdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Secret recipe for Chiefs sustained success is to hire a geriatric DC so nobody will want to poach him.

Dick Lebeau was an awesome permanent former HC turned DC for 15 years