Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Kalli posted:

Hell, they could be like 2-4 even if Rodgers is good out of the gate, plus they have a stinky early bye

Bills
@Cowboys
Patriots
Chiefs
@Broncos
Eagles
<bye>

Agreed. That Broncos revenge game is no joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Disagree with this. Ben Johnson is the top candidate. EB has gotten like 19 interviews and no jobs..... You have to think there is a reason for that.

he's black op

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Benne posted:

Ben McAdoo, goofy TV dad

The dad after the show takes a dark turn in Season 3

Hal vs Walt

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

What is Love? Oh baby, don't hurt me...

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

OneMoreTime posted:

I sometimes think the best place to be as a football fan is to have a team that is consistently like 11-6 and gets knocked out in the divisional round every year. Like they're good, enjoyable team to watch but you have some expectation that they can't go all the way so the inevitable playoff defeat isn't crushing. It also helps if you have a QB that isn't the future but isn't bad either so like the 2015-2018 Chiefs fits this bill.

I think the worst situation is to have a franchise QB on a team that consistently underperforms, either barely making or barely missing the playoffs. A team that you know if they make the playoffs they COULD do something special because you have the QB/weapons to make a say, 2007 Giants run at the Super Bowl but then for one reason or another it doesn't happen. When that loss hits or the season is clearly over, it just hurts so much worse than if your team was just terrible. This team doesn't quite fit that given Trent Green, but the 2003 Chiefs was that team for me.

What I'm trying to say is yeah, they got wins but oh my god Chargers fans don't deserve Herbert playing well and Keenan Allen having a career year and it amounting to nothing. Someone needs to save them from their team. Fire Staley for the love of god.

Nah, I think the Chargers are doing great! Good team effort! Keep it up!!!

really queer Christmas posted:

The saints experienced both of these realities during the 2010s and let me tell you, you are utterly wrong. A superbowl win heals all wounds, even if you're crap a year or two later.

2015 was a hell of a monkey paw

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

MrLogan posted:

2012 AFCW: John Fox, Norv Turner, Romeo Crennel, and Dennis Allen.

Still can't believe John Fox gets to the Super Bowl and squanders it by practicing in stupid no audience sound conditions.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Nervous posted:

I am here for the chaos season where Zach Wilson finally finished his 2.5 season long trial by fire, killing the doubts and confusion that have plagued him internally and allowing him to rip through the remainder of the Jets opponents like a man possessed, playing with a skill and fire beyond this mortal ken, as divine providence briefly shines down on East Rutherford, New Jersey and the Jets improbably, impossibly find themselves in the possession of the 7th seed come January. Amen.

Rodgers comes back and tears his other leg up, but no fear, Zach Wilson is here to save the day. God has anointed him. Zach is HIM.

*throws 4 picks*

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Black Sunshine posted:

You can't seriously believe that would've made an appreciable difference in that absolute bloodbath of a game

All I know is the game would've been less of a disaster and more of a normal style loss if they had competent practice standards. And that makes a big difference in whether he sticks around for another year I think.

I'm glad he was fired though. May Kubiak and Wade live forever and ever!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

mcmagic posted:

How did Hackett get there? Did he teleport into the building and just start running meetings and people felt bad to tell him to leave?

Maybe not teleport but Aaron Rodgers used his mind-crystal magiks to convince at least several people to bring him

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Saleh hired Hackett before Rodgers was a Jet. He also hired him as OC, something he never was working with Rodgers before, not Rodgers' personal coffee getter.

That's uh, the order of operations one must follow to sign Rodgers, no? The Broncos did the same idiotic thing.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

"i just work here" vibes

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

A truly great coach will destroy his pedigree and rebuild it in the same season. Let's go Payton!!!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Simplex posted:

I'm pretty surprised the Broncos pulled the trigger, but it re-raises the question for me of, why the gently caress is George Paton still around?

Just in case we have to play in Germany we will be ready

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

a neat cape posted:

The public turn on the Chiefs this year has been lovely

my only concern with this is if they win they're definitely doing that "no one believed in us" bit to the extreme

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

mcmagic posted:

They are easily the right team to root for until they lose.

Lions, BINCH

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

mcmagic posted:

I could kinda root for the lions because of Aaron Glenn but I find Campbell's act a little grating.

Yeah, good coaching tends to do that to some people but you get used to once you've had a decent one.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

How much of the "defensive resurgence" is because so many QBs are injured?

Depends on who injured them imho

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

indigi posted:

I'm offering space on my "Andy is a better coach than Bill" wagon if anyone would like to join me

Agreed. Andy wouldn't shame me for getting seconds. Bill 100% would.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

It’s kind of funny to compare Andy Reid to bill considering Andy’s reputation until he got an elite QB to win him a Super Bowl

Not really. He still did alright with dogshit but Bill couldn't.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

If we consider losing all right then sure

Well in that case there's only 1 good coach a year

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

mcmagic posted:

This thread owes me a loving apology.

I'm sorry the Jets suck

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Says the guy who's team lost to the Jets 2 years in a row lol

yeah who gives a poo poo your team is starting a con man or zach wilson lmao and is led by a moron

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

mcmagic posted:

you lost to zach wilson 2 years in a row!!!! sad!

good job you beat one of the premier teams in the NFL, i hope you enjoy your super bowls

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

AFC West is gonna be the most competitive and dangeruss division next season (tm)

It's trademarked from last season and the season before and the season before..

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

zimbomonkey posted:

I really hope that whoever the Panthers hire isn't chosen to keep Bryce afloat. I'm afraid Dave is going to try to do everything he can to prop Bryce up to prove he wasn't wrong to draft him. We have to be honest about what we've got or Bryce will become an anchor around our necks.

At least you guys are serious contenders for the Puppy Bowl this year. That's not nothing!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Honestly the more I hear about Irsay the more I relate to him as a human

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

grats ross, i hate your team&coach with a passion.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Android Apocalypse posted:

AFCW is going to be incredibly fun to watch.

most dangerous division, calling it now. all 3 AFC West teams will make the playoffs next year.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

that's no moon

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

IF you hit you have the coach for longer at the starter rate but you can always still fire him? :shrug:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Mega64 posted:

I figured you'd support a coach who will inevitably be caught jerking it in the work bathroom.

why are you barging in on someone during his federally mandated break??

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

i feel like RG3 is going to wear someone's skin as a coat before the year ends...

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 1, 2024

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Android Apocalypse posted:

Magic Johnson's Twitter fingers kept the Commanders from hiring a good head coach.

Please don't disparage the perfect tweeter

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Forrest on Fire posted:

Ben Johnson is going to be unhirable until the Lions offense is really good again and league people admit they didn't care about anything he said. The money isn't real and if the owner actually balked at the price they're going to fight Tepper for worst owner in the sport

I think he'll be fine. See also: Joshy Mcdeez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Coldforge posted:

I sure hope one of your teams snatches him up for DC. Sounds like a heck of a coach, and I'm sure you'd be thrilled!

Can I trade-in a slightly used Vance Joseph