Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Think back to Urbz and have a solid LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Frank reich has also had the entire nfl media community washing his balls nonstop for his entire colts tenure so it makes sense that he might be smelling himself

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Arthur smith…welcome to the winners circle

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Sounds like TAMPERING!!!!!!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
All four NFCS coaches are total morons so I think any of the bucs falcons or saints COULD win the division. Would not be at all surprised if all but Reich end up getting fired this year though barring a playoff win for one of them

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
A lot of titans fans were really concerned vrabel was going to go back to tannehill and drive everybody completely insane, myself included. But I don’t think there’s any chance of him getting fired now that they’re committed to starting Billy Jeans

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Vrabel isn’t getting fired. Maybe if things get really bad next season? Carthon was clearly brought in to work with what vrabel wants, I don’t think he necessarily outranks him to the point of firing him to get “his guy” in there. If things take a bad turn next season, sure, I could see it

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Man it’s gonna be a bloodbath this year. Rooting for the chargers to idiotically hire Josh mcdaniels

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I still think vrabel is safe because they should squeak out one or two more wins but Shane Bowen has to be gone IMO, this defense is pathetic. I would be fine with both coordinators gone tbh, Tim Kelly has not adapted to his rosters weaknesses whatsoever

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The titans strengths are supposed to be run blocking, rushing, and play action on offense, and run defense/pass rush on defense. All five of these have been huge weaknesses this season. The result is a team that isn’t good at anything and is actively bad at everything basically. I honestly can’t judge to what degree coaching is responsible for the backslide because the roster is cheeks. But when you look at the titans you have a few good pieces, a few guys who are competent but surrounded by bums, and a defense that is bereft of talent. Like, levis has shown flashes, tyjae spears looks promising, Hopkins and the bottom of the wr rotation are ok but the oline has two pieces that are good to serviceable and three spots that need to be filled. Good thing they are laden down with all this free agency money

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

a neat cape posted:

What the gently caress did I do to you

It would be funny

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Yeah get Bowen the gently caress up out of here. I knew it was bad but didn’t realize it was this bad. The roster is not good but dude has had two good years, all of which he had jim Schwartz on his staff as his “defensive quality control” weed carrier

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
lol.

On a more serious note hopefully this ends the myth of frank Reich being an offensive genius that the podcasters have been clinging to

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Bears are going to pick Drake maye, then sit him for four games behind Ryan tannehill, IMO.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The head coach? That’s right - Ron Rivera.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Thinking of kumails very good 9/11 joke from the big sick and having an lol

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Blind Pineapple posted:

The Steelers' biggest problem is they didn't invest in a QB for years when Ben was in obvious decline, then when their hand was forced, drafted Kenny Pickett.

Ben was only at the point of being detrimental to the teams ability to run an offense in his last season and he was such a loving weepy diva that if the team had tried to add somebody worth a poo poo to develop behind him, his fat rear end would have been sprinting to the headphones to bitch about it on his Rape Power Hour radio show. Mike tomlin deserves a medal for managing his ego as long as he did

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Saleh is absolutely getting fired. Anybody leaking to the media about how it’s not their fault is dead already. Rodgers never said poo poo about wanting to play for him.

I think Tomlin isn’t going anywhere this year but if the Steelers eat poo poo next year maybe. I do give him a ton of respect for wasting that cromagnon dipshit watts career though

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I’m really baffled by how incompetently he has handled things in Atlanta tbh. His usage of personnel and inventive scheming was really remarkable in Tennessee.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Yeah but Justin fields sucks so it’s fine.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
A ton of New England adjacent media people are really trying to get vrabel out of Tennessee. I’m not sure that’s gonna happen. Leaving that aside he’ll definitely have a hot seat next season IMO

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The titans switched to zone blocking when vrabel took over and it was very good for our offense while we had peak Henry, elite line play at three of five positions and the tannehill/AJB connection but I’d be thrilled to go back on it, we don’t have the personnel to be effective up front at anything right now

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I said this over in the AFCS thread but Russini has been a direct line to vrabel so take what she reports with that particular grain of salt. Not saying it isn’t true but it’s definitely going to be what one specific person wants out there.

Anyway this move is stupid but if it means bringing in an offensive minded coach I’m fine with it. The draft capital and available money for free agency are a big incentive and levis showed enough to be encouraging and to not require a qb move for next season. So I’m not gonna lose any sleep over it

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I mean I said it’s a stupid move lol. No sense in being a doom and gloom “I hate my team” guy about it. If it means no more caveman ground and pound ball that will be nice

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Probably Magic posted:

Article lost me hard when it criticized the Robinson firing as nonsensical. Yeah, it's weird how getting dominated by AJ Brown in a game after trading him will make you question a GM's ability! I don't think Adams Strunk has been the most stable owner, but losing confidence in Robinson is not the most absurd choice in the world.

If these leaks are anything to go by, I'm wondering if Bill not being totally ready to "part ways" with New England is just throwing a wrench in everyone's plans, which is what the "doing a trade would take too long" means, because by the time Bill makes a decision one way or another, the coaching roulette is exhausted and you're hosed (and the Titans probably don't get Belichick in the meantime). So better off jumping in, especially if someone has your interest, and whatever goodwill is there isn't because Vrebel clearly wanted to move on, preferably to New England. It's... not aimless, but it is a maelstrom of circumstances that could potentially gently caress the Titans, but I'd like to think if there's this much urgency to get in on the coaching search that there's already a coaching target. I'm going to reserve judgement until I see who the Titans hire. I don't think this is the end of the world, but it could be. Too soon to tell.

Yeah, nothing against rexrode generally but how anybody could defend Jon Robinson after seeing the state of this team last season and this season is beyond me.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

syzpid posted:

Was Strunk the same owner of the Titans that talked with Josh McDaniels, while Mike Murlakey was still under contract and Murlakey had won a playoff game? Then had to fire Murlakey when it leaked she talked to McDaniels? Or am I thinking of someone else?

I don’t recall there being any smoke about them targeting mcdaniels but they did fire mularkey even though he won a playoff game. They got waxed by New England after that win and then he got canned

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

NickRoweFillea posted:

The best time to fire Jon Robinson would have been before he traded AJ Brown, and the second best time would have been immediately after trading AJ Brown.

Yup biggest own goal in team history

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I’m assuming it meant it would be too complicate to arrange a trade without it taking too long and causing them to miss on other candidates.

Still that’s your loving job lol so figure it out and definitely don’t say that poo poo out loud

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Only if it’s a team other than the patriots since he’s already won a chip there

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It’s all a bit that we’re all doing to overcompensate for demon of the fall’s relentless 2012 style “gently caress my team” posting. Big jeff

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Tennessees GM just had press availability where he said that he was in lockstep with Mike vrabel which is pretty funny, he also said that our offensive line would have been fine if they weren’t playing hurt which is comical. I’ll have to watch the clips but I’m not feeling reassured lol

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Perpetual dirt brain.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I like to imagine the bears owner as Mr. House from Fallout.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Titans have requests in with a ton of guys I’m not interested in so far. Aaron Glenn, Antonio pierce, mike Kafka, mike Macdonald. Also have requests in with frank smith and Brian Callahan, both cool with me.

Would be cool to hire an offense guy so we don’t have to go through the constant rigamarole of having to replace our OC like under vrabel

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
https://theathletic.com/5193909/2024/01/11/tennessee-titans-mike-vrabel-fired/

Follow-up from Russini and joe rexrode about the vrabel firing. Nobody looks good in this lol. What a mess

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Input and control are different things. Vrabel having full roster control would be bad. It’s not like he didn’t have any pull, he was the one who wanted Deandre Hopkins here and got him even though the FO was wanting a bigger tear down.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I buy vrabel in dallas

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Ryan tannehill is gonna look cool in black.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Greg Roman as the chargers OC would be hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Lol good poo poo raiders.