Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Pete getting paid to sit upstairs and google conspiracy theories sounds about right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Pete would make a good Michigan Man for sure

he can live in Holland with the rest of the retirees who go to bed at 9pm

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Saban retiring is actually huge for this thread.

Like, go to the Raiders or go to Alabama?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm surprised that Brady has been in Tampa this long and hasn't signed some deal with Scientology-backed organizations. Like maybe under the guise of bringing awareness to the public of the dangers of psychiatry or something.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I thought he already met with them?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Man the Chargers would be better with Harbaugh so I don't want it to happen.

But also I'd be kind of shocked that he'd want to go to LA and play in someone else's stadium for a cash poor owner. I do understand that he doesn't want to be in the same conference as his brother but being in the AFC doesn't seem awesome. Harbaugh doesn't back down from anyone though. But still.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

I dont think Jim particularly cares about who owns the stadium or what conference John is in

Really on the John thing? I distinctly remember something about not wanting to meet his brother unless it was in the SB. But I think that story goes back to before Michigan

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

fartknocker posted:

Maybe mixing that up with the Mannings? Not wanting to meet unless they played in the Super Bowl was a factor in why Peyton stayed in the AFC and ended up in Denver.

I don't think so, there was the briefest moment that Harbaugh flirted with coaching Kansas football since his wife is from there before of course going to a Real football school and I think I remember that rumor from around that time.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm still unclear if the Eric Bieniemy is still the OC or not

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Chargers have a lot of young talent too but I'm assuming it doesn't fit the argument so let's ignore them and concentrate on names we know

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

EO OOOOS

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

i'm a little confused lately do Cowboys fans want him fired so much just because of what happened in the playoff game? Or is there more to it? Because honestly Dallas had a great season

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Bills have never had a good coach

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1748012677186662553

just an opinion but interesting

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's kind of funny that Bill tried to draft the perfect contested catch receiver in N'Keal Harry but is going to inherit the actual perfect contested catch receiver in Drake London

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Draft JJ

have him throw to other JJ

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

RG3ESPN posted:

You won't bait me into this but nice try.

You know what the real shame here is in the NFL coaching cycle..

Is that they just hand waive the Rooney Rule. It's a loving joke. It has been for years now.

Like come on, Your not going to give the guy the loving job....

Stop trying with there Public Relations bullshit...

So many grammar errors for a last post. Sad.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not a fan of the Raiders making good decisions suddenly.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Probably an old picture but I look forward to Bill discovering Soul Food anyway.

Suddenly there's more to life than Boston

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Am I crazy for thinking the Falcons would be morons to hire Bill over Jim if he's actually serious?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Please get us crazy Jim

My name is also Jim so this works well

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Didn't she say that about a couple coaching interviews that haven't panned out

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

mcmagic posted:

I just don't think that "getting a team pointed in the right direction" in games in december after you're out of the playoffs already really matters at all. That doesn't mean he won't be a good coach but I don't buy that as a reason why.

I think Pierce is a good hire but people yelling at you for doubting the hire is silly. Consider these factors:

Record of interim coaches since 2000 who kept job:
Jason Garrett 80-64, 3 playoffs
Mike Mularkey 18-14, 1 playoff
Doug Marrone 22-42, 1 playoff
Leslie Frazier 18-29-1, 1 playoff
Tom Cable 13-19
Mike Singletary 13-18
Dick LeBeau 8-24
Dave McGinnis 16-32
Romeo Crennel 2-14
Mike Tice 32-32, 1 playoff to this list

in addition to this, sure you can rally your troops to turn around a season, but can you plan your own season? Can you adjust to when teams scheme against you with preparation?

It's also worth noting that guys who go from position coach to head coach (while skipping the coordinator step) often have trouble with that sort of thing. And even most of the coordinators have difficulty figuring out how to operate, plan, and coach a team during the offseason as effectively as possible. You can't win a Super Bowl during the offseason but you sure can royally gently caress up your chances during it.

Kind of funny that the most notable exception to this position coach rule is... Andy Reid.

I think Pierce is a good hire but there is definitely risk

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I don't want Jim Harbaugh in the AFCW

but also running the ball is not how you get past mahomes, Jim

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Welp. I hated him once. I guess I can hate him again.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

is this real

I looked closely for Adarn Schefter but alas

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Relentlessboredomm posted:

the commanders are not going to trade up one pick when there are 3 great QBs in this draft. it's just patently absurd.

Yeah I don't know about that.

Considering Caleb is from the DC area and strong rumors that he has told the Bears he has no interest in being there.

Don't be surprised if the Commanders move up and give Chicago a first for the honor and frankly I think it would be smart to take it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

UCLA fans are already penciling him in if Chip Kelly leaves

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

big suit is BACK baby

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Think the Saints would have been kind of unstoppable though

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

indigi posted:

yeah and he speaks really highly of learning from Alex Smith how to take the job seriously. it was as perfect a landing spot as there's ever been for a QB

And he spent that year running drills every day with Mike Kafka which miraculously fixed his footwork.

I'm still mad we let Kafka get away. We should have blocked him from interviewing with other teams like the Giants just did

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

mcmagic posted:

any good OC immediately gets a HC job

With one glaring exception

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Is it just me or does he look like an NPC

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I think we got bored and did beer pong

Mahomes was loving incredible, escaping pressure, constantly running for his life throwing sideways passes in the air and then they bounce off the dudes facemask in the end zone. He was absolutely betrayed by his team.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

really queer Christmas posted:

Fields is going to go to the steelers and be a top 10 qb that dominates the regular season, and loses in the wildcard maybe sometimes is the divisional round sacrifice to mahomes.

Ravens and Steelers

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think it's a great job for him. He's also associate head coach if that means anything.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1762947299276144820

noooooooo

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

So good I'm furious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

I haven't been irritated at a Chiefs DB all season long. Not a single one, for even a single play. I think this is true going back to last year, and maybe going back to Rashad Fenton/Mathieu/Dan Sorenson.

Remembering the days of William Bartee, you know, back when we used to scream his name followed by “what the gently caress are you doing?!”