Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
"If you think about it, the collapse of the Patriots football dynasty under Belichick is reminiscent of the fall of Napoleon, another brilliant but disagreeable strategist who failed to adapt to the changes his own success instigated, and who never developed a robust staff system."

Everyone: ::frogout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I can't imagine being a GM and telling Belichick 'no' about something. I have a track record here from the last decade+ that says I'm right, but Bill is going to rip me a new one for wanting to draft a good WR prospect. Or considering hiring assistant coaches he is not familiar with already and pointing out the bad ones.

Nightmare of an imagined job.

Yeah, that sounds like a terrible idea.

Like Bill actively sabotaged BOB's offensive staff out of spite because he was forced to abandon the Matt Patricia OC experiment. What does anyone think he does with a GM hired because Kraft thinks Bill is washed as a GM?

:piss:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

The 11-5 season they had the entire roster from the 16-0 season and played a velvety soft strength of schedule and missed the playoffs.

Cassell also went 10-5 one season in KC under Todd Haley lol

More to the point though, most people aren't arguing Belichick sucked in 2001-2018, but that he's gone to poo poo the last 5 years, especially as a GM and in hiring and managing his staff, where he's been an absolute dumpster fire.

:piss:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

fartknocker posted:

Every goon would enroll

Trying to picture Bill Belichick doing a remote classroom thing.

:smugjones: "So I'm not much for using the FaceZoom stuff but here goes..."

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

It is so incredibly dumb if they make Mayo head coach because Bill is gonna take half the coaches with him. Mayo will struggle to fill out a complete staff just like Flores did.

I'm agnostic on if Mayo can be a good head coach or not, but I get the feeling that he wants to do his own thing his way and won't try to be a Bill clone and just hire Bill's old cronies.

He'll crap the bed differently! :v:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

I mean the odds the Pats smoothly transitioned out of the Brady/Belichick eta were basically zero all along.

This is all vibes but Mayo seems like less of a copycat loving rear end in a top hat than most of Bill's flunkies, which probably helps. My guess is if the GM is an internal guy, it's whoever Bill kept overriding to take Tyquan Thornton and a bunch of defense & special teams scrubs.

If it flops I expect it to be differently stupid than 2019-2023 Belichick.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Nodoze posted:

No one in the building should get the benefit of the doubt for Bill overruling them, bring in someone from the outside.

I mean, my preference was they purge all of Bill's poo poo and just start over clean, I'm just trying to parse the thinking here.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Belichick's brainworms involving the wide receiver position specifically have been consistently amazing, and I'll believe any story about him sucking at doing anything with it.

"BILL HATES FAST HUMANS WHO CAN CATCH, DB'S CAN'T CATCH SO HE'S OK WITH THAT THO"

"I believe you!" :hmmyes:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Zero_Grade posted:

Bill to the Bucs, Bucs win the SB next year, Belichick/Brady argument is relitigated until the heat death of the universe. :unsmigghh:

The real adventure was... the Bucs they met along the way?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Bill Belicheck is a Cowboy. gently caress.

Belichick is just coaching for the regular season win total record now. Taking Dallas to 12-5 and losing in the playoffs a couple times is mission accomplished for Bill and hilarious for the world.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Belichick never wanted BoB. He was hoisted on him by Kraft. Bill wanted/wants an OC who still stick around and build an offense for a few years, he knew BoB was looking to pad his resume to get an HC position.

Kraft didn't foist BoB on him so much as say "Do literally anything else but Patricia and Judge, FFS" and Bill chose BoB.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Someone made a GOONDOLENCES FOR YOUR LOST SEASON gif that was pretty funny IIRC.

"Decade of spectacular failure" being posted in a season ending in a Super Bowl is hard to top tho.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Belichick not finding a job with as many shitass teams as there are would be pretty funny tbh

Like owners are assholes and all, but also, I get why you wouldn't want to hire an antisocial gigaprick who apparently will be a passive aggressive bitch if you want to have anything at all to do with the billion dollar asset that you own.

:shrug:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

No GM will hire Belichick because it's basically firing yourself unless Bill has an epiphany and stops demanding roster control (LOL)

Otherwise only gets a HC job if an owner wants to purge his whole front office anyway and thinks Bill can get his GM mojo from 10 years ago back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Bill the GM has sucked rear end like 5 years running, and specifically his instincts when it comes to anything relating to players OR coordinators on offense are hyperbolicaly awful now, like maybe league-worst.

That he can still coach defense on game day is almost irrelevant in the face of that.