Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Kalli posted:

If he's turning down the job, he's turning down well over 20 million dollars. It's a fairly crazy thing to do for a guy whose entire career earnings to this point is probably between 1 and 2.

Also aside from the money, just the prestige of being in the HC ranks, even if you suck we've seen plenty of examples that you'll get at least a couple more chances unless you're completely toxic. And worst case if you suck as a HC is you just go back to being a coordinator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Grozz Nuy posted:

Good thing the Niners also have a lot of talent on defense then!

But yeah, I'm not entirely sure how to feel about it. Ultimately I guess I'll trust Kyle since he's got a good track record with his assistant coaches. I personally think firing Wilks was kind of reactionary but it's not like it was completely out of the blue, there were grumblings about that side of the ball all year long even though the end results were still mostly good. Just gotta hope that Hufanga comes back healthy next year and they can add some impact guys in the draft, I guess.

It would be nice if Drake Jackson turns into something next year