Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Durandal1707 posted:

The Chargers' personnel isn't suited for running the type of scheme he wants to run, especially in the defensive backfield. They're a group best suited for playing press man and closer to the LOS; they're just not suited for playing pillow soft quarters/deep zone coverage, which is what Staley wants them to do. They're a defense that is so hell bent on not giving up big plays, that opposing offenses just carve them apart on the underneath patterns. And then they give up big plays anyway, eg the opener against Miami. I'll give him some credit for the run D playing a lot better this season than in years past.

Another low key part of why the coverage scheme sucks is that the pass rush isn't good enough to get home consistently. Mack is still a player who has flashes of brilliance (like the Raiders game earlier this season), but he's older and not a guy who can carry a whole pass rush by himself anymore. Bosa is playing on a bad toe and looks slow as gently caress out there in general. So, it's a combination of the scheme and the guys they have executing it who can't get done what they're being asked to do.

there are usually 2 Chargers who always dominate the Chiefs despite their team losing, its Mike Williams and Joey Bosa. Both being hurt/out was a large part of the result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I have also intentionally forgotten someone’s name or mispronounced it in order to send a message. It is an elite tactic reserved for the best :dukedoge:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Chris James 2 posted:

Can only speak for me but I was consistent on thinking NFL dynasties sucked during the Brady era and very much didn't want that followed up with another one (despite Mahomes fans at the time telling me I was wrong and unfun three AFC Championship Games ago)

For those who didn't bend on the matter in the 3 years since, what finished them off visibly was Mahomes (and Andy) crying like babies about the ref not giving them fair warning about the most noticeably offsides man in the world, and how it ruined the addition of a 3 second clip to Kelce's HOF-acceptance video highlights reel. Evidently some people can take the same two people winning forever and ever as long as they aren't sore losers during the coffee break in between

It's not about the differences in how we got to the same, correct destination though; just matters that we're here at it

edit: Also Taylor Swift and her music are both my fav and I'm not letting this bad team affect my opinion of her just like I don't let some of her fans affect my opinion of her

:lmao: what is this post

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

FizFashizzle posted:

What is the argument for firing Siriani? Is it just Philly fans being insane?

He’s a dumb rear end in a top hat who benefited off a great roster and coordinators

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Black Sunshine posted:

Dorsey must be a tremendous rear end in a top hat because, from my memory, he can draft really well but nobody wants him around long anyway.

Drafted Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill, Patrick Mahomes, Chris Jones

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Dennis Allen always has been an abject failure. Can’t believe NO made him head coach

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Imagine, bringing over DEREK CARR and Dennis Allen to try and rebuild your franchise

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Watch the clip again guys it is very good

https://x.com/RVAReid/status/1744112075184484352?s=20

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

gvibes posted:

11-5 with Matt freaking Cassel. And he has a playoff appearance with Mac Jones.

Todd Haley went 10-6 with Matt Cassel bring him back as coach

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Hamhandler posted:

Pete Carroll was fun but I agree wholeheartedly with this:

https://twitter.com/coachvass/status/1718020936912294027?s=46&t=4v69OlVJpK1h7pgGOGqqoA

It’s not his fault per se, but this is a lot of the offensive explosion over the past decade

I would like to know more, what was being copied.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead on Christmas is too wordy for a banner unfortunately

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Ben McAdoo has looked great in every photo I’ve seen of him. Confident, in charge, relaxed.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
49ers coaches did good, this isn’t like Harbaugh or Monken forgetting Lamar has legs. The players did good too. Chiefs had luck on their side (Greenlaw/XP/Punt hit foot) and a secondary that played out of its MIND and clamped the 49ers skill players down.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

BlindSite posted:

Special teams causes an 8 point swing and Wilks gets fired... makes no sense to me.

You're always going to have disconnect when you bring in a DC from outside the current regime and want to run the same packages you've been running on a portion of the defense. I remember it's happened a few times specifically in orgs and its usually lead to a defensive assistant being sacked. I remember during the Rivera tenure there was an issue with the defensive backs coach not keeping guys within the scheme for example.

I've also seen the folly of allowing a wholesale change and not utilising what you have though. Either way another offseason and those issues are probably resolved, now they'll have them again. From a continuity perspective this is a bad move, Wilks didn't cause that loss. How the special teams coordinator has skated through this is insane to me.

Truthfully even the ST gaffes aren’t really on the ST coach. Holder hosed up the XP hold and the muff was just terrible luck it looks like

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I haven't been irritated at a Chiefs DB all season long. Not a single one, for even a single play. I think this is true going back to last year, and maybe going back to Rashad Fenton/Mathieu/Dan Sorenson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal