Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Carried by his nickname

He didn't even do the thing he's named for last week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

McDaniels has had two coaching stints. Denver - 4 years (fired after 2), Las Vegas - 6 years (fired after 2). He's been paid to be fired more than actual years/games coached. Great gig if you can get it.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Simplex posted:

Technically three stints, but since he resigned from the Colts I don't think he got paid for that one. Also, I think the Broncos might have fired him for cause, so they might not have paid out his contract.

He was never officially hired by the Colts, it was a verbal agreement before he signed on the dotted line

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

SKULL.GIF posted:

If he leaves New England, Belichick is gonna go to a historically downtrodden franchise that already has talent on the roster. He's too old for a rebuild, he's trying to prove that he's a good coach without Brady and also wants that all-time wins record.

Chargers are a fit. Who else? Falcons?

Falcons would be a good fit but he'd need someone not named Bill O Brien or Josh McDaniels to figure out the offense

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

When's Staley getting fired

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

This thread reminded me of Matt Rhule and it shouldnt.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

From Frank Reich to Jim Caldwell, the reverse Coltsing

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Didn't Reich want to draft Stroud too?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The high point of this tenure was a 27-0 playoff lead.

Don't ask about what happened next.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Falcons wasting all that offensive talent because they don't have a QB and refuse to use Bijan

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

The Jets firing Saleh and Douglas means they bring in whoever Rodgers thinks is the best coach so lol if you think that'll go well

If you're handcuffed to Rodgers anyways, fire everyone but Hackett. When the team flames out next year, fire Hackett then.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The Desai/Patricia and soon to be Brian Johnson demotion/firing will determine what happens to Sirianni. I personally think he's just the GM's puppet as a first time head coach in the wake of the last guy who got sent out of town in a power struggle because he refused to fire his personel.

If the coordinators aren't 'his guys' then he gets to happy move along but if he draws a line in the sand, he might be out sooner than later.

He's in year 3 of a 5 year deal and as far as I know, there's been no extension talks.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Didn't Chip Kelly also have a conflict with Roseman?

Howie Roseman got put into a broom closet for 3 years then re-emerged with Doug

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm buying Kyle Pitts stock next season

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It's still extremely weird to me you can trade head coaches like assets.

I understand the reasoning on why this doesn't happen, but who would be the first rear end in a top hat to prevent a hot OC/DC candidate from getting a HC job because they want the acquiring team to trade for them.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

a neat cape posted:

I don't understand why there's any smoke with Vrabel at all

Bob Kraft doesn't want to learn anyone new unless they're a woman in Florida

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I saw this stat yesterday, the only time the Eagles have fired their HC under Lurie is in a season where they have a negative point differential.

The Eagles ending the season at +5 saved Sirianni's job. /s

But for real, he doesnt call the offense and is hands off on defense. He's basically a personality manager and locker room guy. The vibes right now are super toxic and it looks like his players have quit. If your one thing on the team is being the messaging guy and they aren't responding to the message, what else do you do here?

I do wonder if Roseman and Lurie have set up the team to just be a turnkey business to the next guy.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Black Lighter posted:

Sirianni had to hire both new coordinators after Steichen and Gannon got poached late, Gannon after the Cardinals tampered and hosed the Eagles out of their original choice. You give him an offseason to right the ship because Sean Desai in particular was nobody's first choice - by the time they were even able to hire him, it was a matter of picking through the scrap pile.

There's a lot of stuff up in the air, the internal battle seemed to be Denard Wilson (now with Baltimore) vs Sean Desai. It's unclear if it was Nick or Howie who ultimately made the decision, but Denard was angered enough to leave. Apparently Wilson was also the desire of the players as well.

Then there's the decision to bump Desai for Patricia. Also again unclear if that was FO mandated or coming from Nick organically.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Love the transparent NFL coaching process where the Seahawks job is Dan Quinn's if he wants it

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

He needs 27 wins to be top all time. Personally, I hope he never gets there.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Harlock posted:

He needs 27 wins to be top all time. Personally, I hope he never gets there.

I guess I misunderstood the stats. 27 for regular season wins all time, 15 for regular season + post season.

Give me three 4 win or less seasons.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Probably not until Tuesday

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Not quite a meathead in the same physical stature as Campbell but Sirianni is a vibes guy too. Hoping it doesn't fall apart for Campbell after his superstar coordinators depart

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The Sirianni thing baffles me. With all the cards down and no coordinators to lean on, he showed his whole rear end as a guy who couldn't get his teams ready to play. The optimal outcome - they get better coordinators and have a decent year again. Those coordinators move on and get promoted, back to square one.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Marklar posted:

https://twitter.com/RealDGunn/status/1749474579049750665

I'm guessing they are waiting to see if he is picked up by someone else, since he has interviewed for HC positions.

They get comp draft picks if another team hires him iirc

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Starting quarterback Easton Stick

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Fangio would've been on the Eagles anyways last season if Gannon didn't gently caress around

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Head Coach of Vibes

https://twitter.com/BrandonGowton/status/1750249606330409259?s=19

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Lmao Falcons what are you doing

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

With how NFL analytics Twitter puffed up Slovik, he'll probably have to wait until next cycle if Stroud has another good year

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

https://twitter.com/bykevinclark/status/1750638871929332037?s=19

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

If Bill didn't get a job this cycle, I dunno why he would next time unless he gets some humility and doesn't demand to be the GM or Jerry Jones goes crazy.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

He had to have been offered a huge bag to not leave Detroit or really did not want to coach Washington

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

There's also the scarcity of head coaching jobs and you never know when you'll get the chance. Obviously he's betting on himself, but if the Lions fall on their face next season - maybe he's not so attractive of an option anymore. If you have HC aspirations, you kind of have to take your chance when it comes.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Coach salaries should be made public imo

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Bismack Billabongo posted:

https://x.com/Schultz_Report/status/1752889967536398390?s=20

Woo hoo! I was pumped when I heard they were interviewing this guy. Love this hire

Eagles made a mistake not promoting him when Gannon left

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Congratulations to Dan Quinn for being on the Doritos Locos Tacos Frank Reich Memorial Hot Seat to start the 2024 Season

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Kurgarra Queen posted:

They totally wanted Ben Johnson and he decided he would rather stay in Detroit, so they floated that story about his "unreasonable" contract demands to save face, got beaten to the punch on everyone else, and hired the consolation/booby prize.

I suppose the upside is that Mike McCarthy will probably hire a worse DC, ensuring that we get to continue to laugh at the Cowboys, except perhaps more.

Though...I don't think it's a terrible hire. It's just, well, isn't this kind of like the thing they were just doing?
I feel like after Johnson jilted them, the length of Quinn's contract will be interesting to see if they're looking to move on sooner than later to just have an adult in the room until someone else comes along next cycle. If that's the case, though, you probably could've hired anyone really.

If for whatever reason they give him a 5-6 year deal :lol:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Most of the reports have basically said that he still wants personnel/GM-type powers and that's why he hasn't gotten hired anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Russini is basically Schefter with better PR.