Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

"Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Stargate ain't hittin like it used to huh? :okpos:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Overdog posted:

Stargate ain't hittin like it used to huh? :okpos:

I watch 3 hours of Stargate then three hours of Buffy

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I see you watch Comet TV.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

You Are A Elf posted:

I see you watch Comet TV.

A plan to justify X-Files at night.....

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

Yin, yang, destruction, creation. I got made fun of because I ordered a Buffy the Vampire Slayer novel from one of those book club mail order things in grade school. I was like yo, vampire slaying is HARD dawg, you guys are actually the sissies. I was so embarrassed that I ordered a chicks book that I almost didn't read it. But you know what? I had to to get credit for a book report. And it wasn't bad. I liked the girly stuff. People didn't understand that I could ultimately like women and girly stuff at the same time, or that I could even find out I liked girly stuff. Welp that's my story. :dukedog:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Overdog posted:

Yin, yang, destruction, creation. I got made fun of because I ordered a Buffy the Vampire Slayer novel from one of those book club mail order things in grade school. I was like yo, vampire slaying is HARD dawg, you guys are actually the sissies. I was so embarrassed that I ordered a chicks book that I almost didn't read it. But you know what? I had to to get credit for a book report. And it wasn't bad. I liked the girly stuff. People didn't understand that I could ultimately like women and girly stuff at the same time, or that I could even find out I liked girly stuff. Welp that's my story. :dukedog:

I want to know more about this novel.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Good show ruined in hindsight by Joe Sweden’s many crimes.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

redshirt posted:

A plan to justify X-Files at night.....

:hmmyes:

You ever see the inspiration for Buffy, the 1984 film Night of the Comet? Great, great B-movie fun about an apocalyptic comet that turns most everyone on Earth to dust or mutant zombies except for two sisters who must traverse an empty Los Angeles. A personal favorite of mine, and Comet even shows it sometimes!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

You Are A Elf posted:

You ever see the inspiration for Buffy, the 1984 film Night of the Comet? Great, great B-movie fun about an apocalyptic comet that turns most everyone on Earth to dust or mutant zombies except for two sisters who must traverse an empty Los Angeles. A personal favorite of mine, and Comet even shows it sometimes!

I'd love to see a reference how this is the source of the show.

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

redshirt posted:

I want to know more about this novel.

She's just trying to be a normal chick, but she's always slaying vampires. But like, maybe she doesn't want to be a normal chick after all. Vampire slaying might be the life for her..

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

How about Buffy is just Buffy???

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I thought this was going to be a poorly titled thread about Sarah Michelle Gellar's (nonexistent) death when I clicked this thread

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

redshirt posted:

I'd love to see a reference how this is the source of the show.

The younger sister is a cheerleader who (along with her older sister) can hold her own with weapons and tactics against the mutant zombies and anything else. I remember seeing something about Whedon basing Buffy off of her.

Pay no attention to the trailer or any descriptor of the film because it all paints the sisters as helpless “damsels in distress” which is horseshit. Even the back of the Scream Factory Blu-ray is bad lol. It’s a great movie, though.

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

Anyways that poo poo is HARD and everyone needs to stop being a bunch of SISSIES. :dukedog:

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

huffing the condensed air sprayer

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

You Are A Elf posted:

The younger sister is a cheerleader who (along with her older sister) can hold her own with weapons and tactics against the mutant zombies and anything else. I remember seeing something about Whedon basing Buffy off of her.

Pay no attention to the trailer or any descriptor of the film because it all paints the sisters as helpless “damsels in distress” which is horseshit. Even the back of the Scream Factory Blu-ray is bad lol. It’s a great movie, though.

I remain skeptical (with stake in hand)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So, Giles wanted to leave at the beginning of Season 5. I don't blame him.

naem
May 29, 2011

I have a huge amount of nostalgia for this show, it happened at exactly the right age for me to like both nerdy things in an unselfconscious way, and also to realize that girls exist

I have a crush on charisma carpenter to this day

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

naem posted:

I have a huge amount of nostalgia for this show, it happened at exactly the right age for me to like both nerdy things in an unselfconscious way, and also to realize that girls exist

I have a crush on charisma carpenter to this day

"Oh Gross"

- Cordelia, probably

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

"The Monk's made her of you...."

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

cool theme song

angel the show was ok too

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

GolfHole posted:

cool theme song

angel the show was ok too

Angel Viola....

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Veronica Mars was a better show than Buffy, despite putting Joss on camera in an episode.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Please describe Season Episode

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

redshirt posted:

So, Giles wanted to leave at the beginning of Season 5. I don't blame him.

Heads up

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

He cameo’d as a car rental manager if my memory is correct

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I liked it when it was more lighthearted and they were all teens going to high school and fighting vampires in their spare time

I lost patience with it in the later seasons when it got overloaded with pathos the whole time and everything was all "oh no buffy has such a hard life. dont you feel sorry for buffy"

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

Hammerite posted:

I liked it when it was more lighthearted and they were all teens going to high school and fighting vampires in their spare time

I lost patience with it in the later seasons when it got overloaded with pathos the whole time and everything was all "oh no buffy has such a hard life. dont you feel sorry for buffy"

Lol lighthearted. That poo poo was always dark and tragic.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hammerite posted:

She irons her jeans!!!!

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
the mayor was the best character

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Hammerite posted:

Correct opinion. I only have the first 3 seasons on my htpc, the show ends when they graduate high school.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Wifi Toilet posted:

Correct opinion. I only have the first 3 seasons on my htpc, the show ends when they graduate high school.

Season 4 - The College Season - is the funniest season.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Riley sucks all energy from any scene he’s in (same with his boss/ professor what’s her name) and making Spike part of the gang was a terrible idea. Also the initiative was dumb, secret military dudes in an underground base also attending the same college? Dumb. Hush was a good ep though.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

you know the watcher's council doesn't pay her? they make her work for free.

they sit and take reports of her wasting evil fighting time flipping burgers and nod their heads in approval.

giles also abandons her when she asks him for money because he thinks she's turning into a loser.

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

roomtone posted:

you know the watcher's council doesn't pay her? she does it for free.

they sit and take reports of her wasting evil fighting time flipping burgers and nod their heads in approval.

giles also abandons her when she asks him for money because he thinks she's turning into a loser.

She does it for free because her life depends on it. :downs:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Wifi Toilet posted:

Riley sucks all energy from any scene he’s in (same with his boss/ professor what’s her name) and making Spike part of the gang was a terrible idea. Also the initiative was dumb, secret military dudes in an underground base also attending the same college? Dumb. Hush was a good ep though.

Joyce’s death episode also very good imo.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I read this from Reddit and loved it:

The episode "Hush" is a silent episode

"The Body" has no background music

"Once More With Feeling" is entirely a musical

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

She really was ironing her jeans. Everything BUFFY read about Cathy was correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Giles recaps previous events....