Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Here is Slash doing the solo on an acoustic, which if any guitar player knows is quite a bit more difficult. First time I've heard this.

It's so good. I hate the random super heavy metal poo poo that is how many notes you can play in a second. Talented? Absolutely no doubt. But Slash has soul. A good bluesy aspect to it. The literal foundation of rock. When I learned guitar, all of my teachers started with the blues. :)

timestamped to his solo with whoever this dude is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j6SQl6-F_Y&t=233s

Slash was the "Star in the reasonably priced car" on Top Gear a long time ago, dude's got fascinating stories. His dad did art for album covers and his mom was a costume designer for David Bowie (she designed the Thin White Duke outfit) along with groups like the Pointer Sisters, Slash said that it wasn't weird as a kid to wake up and have breakfast with famous musicians who had stopped by the house. He grew up on soul and blues music, and it definitely shows.

We Got Us A Bread fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Sep 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU